• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cohen: “Trump is a racist, in private he is even worse.”

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Trump is not a good guy, father, husband, politician or honest. None of that prevents a person from being elected president or holding office.

True, but it ought to indicate the intellect of the individuals voting for him. Like the example I gave in another thread. How can I believe what I believe if I voted for a guy like Louis Farrakhan for president?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I love when "no life" Simpson caricatures proclaim "social progressivism" in my other thread but can vote for a racist as if their proven racism is not a deal breaker to them ah the deluded.
I want a racist President.
You want a sexist corrupt anti-gay marriage-war monger President.
To each his own.
Are you miffed that I'm more progressive than you are?
Or is it that taxes taken from your paycheck cover my
Social Security checks?

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
How can I believe what I believe if I voted for a guy like Louis Farrakhan for president?

Blacks were voting Dems since the 30s. Perhaps you need to ask your community why they voted for racists and people that used government to oppress them.

*Hint* Free stuff.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This has already happened, or do you prefer for you to see the actual act in hand for YOU to see it? I've already stated several sources in the past threads that Trump has been seen and have acted as a racist.
Hate to use the Hillary example but she was the chosen Democrat nominee for president.

Seems Trump is a contention in that regard, but nary a peep about Hillary's choice of words.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
That's what I said (in different words).
That's how wonderful it is to converse with you. You say a lot of words, I say a lot of words, and they all mean the same to you?

Don't mind me............ I've got a snotty cold this morning. I'm even grumbling at the hounds and cats.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I agree. The political system in this country is a joke. Cohen admitted that eh continued to work for a racist president shows that this country and some of its adherents to political parties have no moral compass.

We need to watch our system closely as well (UK).
When citizens understand that their leaders are the personification of their country's voters, then they might take more care of their voting choices.

'Vote for me and I'll give you something now' is pretty shallow, but it is amazing how the voters flock to it. We Brits have often voted for a quid or two. True.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Blacks were voting Dems since the 30s.

What does this have to do with my comment?

Perhaps you need to ask your community why they voted for racists and people that used government to oppress them.

Another racist talking point. Free stuff? Where? Welfare argument? You know the kind of assistance more whites are taking advantage of? Affirmative Action? Oh that stuff white women, more than any person of color are taking advantage of, those kind of free stuff?

Please...

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

I'm on her "friends of AOC" email list, wanted to hear the official word in her own words so I could see the angles they were going for. Pretty good materiel so far, a billboard that is unfavourable to her is part of a "right wing conspiracy" and other gems. Will make a thread soon

what part of liberal only do you not understand, I should report you.

-I am a liberal
-I have sufficient privileges to post in this thread

Last edited:

Stanyon

WWMRD?

* note to mods, had to alter EBM'S post to quote him since he did not enter any text.

So you proved my claim that I am a liberal, not sure why you used this as it does not support your claim that I am not.

Stop trying to derail the thread with your nonsense and false claims.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's how wonderful it is to converse with you. You say a lot of words, I say a lot of words, and they all mean the same to you?

Don't mind me............ I've got a snotty cold this morning. I'm even grumbling at the hounds and cats.
I recommend hot chocolate with a wee bit'o cheap whiskey.

sooda

Veteran Member
Yes... they are no different than the Democrats who don't explain why it is OK for Hillary to bribe foreign nations for donations, have sex in the Oval office and destroy the women who did it, and lie to Congressional Investigations and get away with it.

Politics! YUK!

We need some Statesmen!!

Hillary has been under investigation for 30 years... That's why the Public Operation Charity and Uranium One are as clean as a pin... If you would do your due diligence, you could put your mind at ease and quit making excuses for Trump.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Please learn your logical fallacies.

Try again..

Illegal bribes. Plenty of substance.

You can do better than that. Your party is unraveling because they are supporting an incompetent liar and racist. The weak use of a Tu Quoque fallacy does not help you. Do you understand the RICO laws and how we get testimony from mob bosses? This is very similar to that. Cohen has very very little to gain by lying at this time and quite a bit to lose if he is shown to be a liar again.
Wasn't the thing Cohen was caught lying about was that he said Trump hasn't done anything wrong?

I'm not sure why Cohen would lie now, unless he wants time added to his sentence that he's already set to serve. I would like to see his evidence though. That's what is going to count.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wasn't the thing Cohen was caught lying about was that he said Trump hasn't done anything wrong?

I'm not sure why Cohen would lie now, unless he wants time added to his sentence that he's already set to serve. I would like to see his evidence though. That's what is going to count.

I do believe you may be right about that. Let me check:

Michael Cohen's lies to Congress about Russia could imperil Trump with Mueller

Oh my! You are right. Essentially when a congressman complains about Cohen lying in front of Congress he is claiming that Trump was guilty of having financial ties to Russia. You have to love it.

And lying at this point could only harm him much much more of caught. His deal.would go away and he would be looking at a much longer prison sentence plus new charges.

Have you noticed a similarity in "reasoning" between creationists and Trump supporters?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not sure why Cohen would lie now, unless he wants time added to his sentence that he's already set to serve. I would like to see his evidence though.
If a prosecutor wants incriminating testimony, & will pay for it (in leniency),
then this is a motive to lie. Thus, physical evidence is important.
(People will lie in court when it serves personal interest. I've seen it.)
(Prosecutors will pursue a false case in order to apply pressure. I've seen it.)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I do believe you may be right about that. Let me check:

Michael Cohen's lies to Congress about Russia could imperil Trump with Mueller

Oh my! You are right. Essentially when a congressman complains about Cohen lying in front of Congress he is claiming that Trump was guilty of having financial ties to Russia. You have to love it.
I thought so ... thanks for looking it up for me.
So Cohen lied about Trump having no business ties to Russia. We know that Trump did have ongoing business with Russia in regard to building a Trump Tower in Moscow. Cohen said at the hearing that a huge part of his job was lying, threatening and covering for Trump, which appears to be the job of most people who work for Trump. It's pretty obvious he's telling the truth about that. Same goes for the Stormy Daniels stuff - another situation surrounded in lies and distortions. If everything is on the up and up, why does everybody need to lie for the President all the time?

So yeah, when a congressman complains about Cohen lying in front of Congress he is claiming that Trump was guilty of having financial ties to Russia!

And lying at this point could only harm him much much more of caught. His deal.would go away and he would be looking at a much longer prison sentence plus new charges.
Right? :shrug:

Have you noticed a similarity in "reasoning" between creationists and Trump supporters?
Weird how that works.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If a prosecutor wants incriminating testimony, & will pay for it (in leniency),
then this is a motive to lie. Thus, physical evidence is important.
(People will lie in court when it serves personal interest. I've seen it.)
(Prosecutors will pursue a false case in order to apply pressure. I've seen it.)
That is why one cannot go on the word of flippers alone. If Cohen could not deliver something more than testimony he would not have gotten his deal. Do you remember how ticked off Trump got when he found out about the taped phone calls? The questioning also demonstrated the ignorance of some congressmen. Cohen was asked if he made "illegal tapes". Of course he did not. Some states do not require people to tell others when they are being taped. If discussing something illegal over the phone it is best to know the laws of the state one is calling.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
True, but it ought to indicate the intellect of the individuals voting for him. Like the example I gave in another thread. How can I believe what I believe if I voted for a guy like Louis Farrakhan for president?

I take the point of this is to prevent his reelection.

sooda

Veteran Member
That is why one cannot go on the word of flippers alone. If Cohen could not deliver something more than testimony he would not have gotten his deal. Do you remember how ticked off Trump got when he found out about the taped phone calls? The questioning also demonstrated the ignorance of some congressmen. Cohen was asked if he made "illegal tapes". Of course he did not. Some states do not require people to tell others when they are being taped. If discussing something illegal over the phone it is best to know the laws of the state one is calling.

Nothing illegal about Cohen recording his conversations with Trump in Washington DC. Its a one party consent state.