• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The suffering of others

Here is a video of a spiritual teacher Christina Lopes.

She discusses being empathic and kind towards other people's suffering.

Enjoy the rest of your browsing.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Meditation transform your life

From second page for once -

8 Ways Meditation Can Change Your Life

Dissolving Anger and Fear

We do not accept or release our negative feelings so easily. We are more likely to repress or disown them. But when denied, they cause shame, depression, anger and anxiety. Meditation invites you to openly meet these places and to see how selfishness, aversion and ignorance create endless dramas and fears. Beneath these is a quiet stillness where you can get to know yourself; this is a wondrous and beautiful experience. Whether you practice for just 10 minutes a day or longer does not matter. You are releasing your limitations, while opening to self-acceptance and awareness.

Remind me to post a couple of the others ...

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - live dare deep meditation

Or ...

Also - live dare happiness - not just the first?

Are you truly happy? Is happiness a passing feeling or a state of being for you?

Tons of articles (and books) have been written about how to be happy, and there is some good information out there. I have read and synthesized hundreds of hours of research and experiments here for you, in this action-driven article.

The Secret to a Happy Life: 21 Practices (Step-by-Step Guide)

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Common myths about happiness - a few -

Nearly all of us buy into what I call the myths of happiness—beliefs that certain adult achievements (marriage, kids, jobs, wealth) will make us forever happy and that certain adult failures or adversities (health problems, divorce, financial struggles) will make us forever unhappy.

Overwhelming research, however, reveals that there is no magic formula for happiness and no sure course toward misery. Rather than bringing lasting happiness or misery in themselves, major life moments and crisis points can be opportunities for renewal, growth, or meaningful change. It's how you greet these moments that really matters.

7 Myths About Happiness We Need to Stop Believing

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Mindful awakening plus suggested searches?

What Is Awakening?

Human beings are caught in the dream within their mind. The stories we tell ourselves. Even the web of the senses. Awakening in any form means to be free of one of these, even for a little while. Once you see the dream, or the illusion, you will never quite be able to believe it again. Awakening means to wake up from these dreams and illusions.

Over time you will contact more and more such awakenings, and eventually you can have permanent freedom from many illusions. The most important illusion to be free of is that you are a self made of thoughts and feelings. The “I” that you feel is you is actually nothing more than the continuously changing activity of thoughts and feelings. Mental pictures, words in the head, some sensations in the body. It’s never the same from moment to moment and yet we think that to be our true self.

Mindful Awakening | Deconstructing Yourself

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Questions for personal growth? Dawn Barclay?

100 life lessons - are you serious????

Well quite a few from first glance!

Enjoy the rest of your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Life lessons happiness

As far back as I can remember, I have always wanted to be happy. At first, I thought accomplishments and material things would make me happy, but I discovered after many years of searching that happiness is an inside job. To me, being happy is the knowingness that within me is everything I need in life to thrive. Of course I didn’t just turn on a switch one day and discover this truth. Like everything in life, there were lessons to be learned. Being an avid student, I took these lessons to heart and found that they were so powerful in my life that I’ve made it my mission to share what I’ve learned with other happiness-seekers. I keep these seven lessons in mind on a daily basis so I can always remember that happiness comes from within.

Barb Schmidt