• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From recent proof-reading ... life lessons happiness - leads us here after a few clicks -

One of my biggest transformational moments in life was realising the difference between my soul and my ego.

It took me a long time and a lot of soul-digging to get it. Here is my understanding:

Differences Between Your Soul And Your Ego -

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try -self.com happiness - looks to be several articles at the one site! For example ...

Sophie Keller, life coach and author of the How Happy Is series, wants to help you get happy in your love life, health and home. And she doesn't just talk the talk -- Keller says all of her advice stems from how she really lives her life.

Keller caught the happiness bug early on after taking up Pilates, meditation and other therapies following a sports injury at age 14. Finding her own happiness sparked a desire to help others brighten their own lives.

"I decided that I was going to be a life coach and help people become happier because I knew how to do it," says Keller.

Since she's the self-proclaimed happiness pro, we had to know how Keller stays so cheery. We caught up with her to ask her about her healthy diet, guilty pleasures and happy-making career.

My HealthySELF: Life Coach Sophie Keller Reveals Her Happiness Secrets

Happiness Tips - Health and Wellness

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness advice life coaches -

It is completely possible to think yourself happy. According to a scientific study, those who think happy will be happy. This all comes from a change in attitude, and after a bit of practice, is a change that we can adapt to quite easily. In Martin Seligman’s Authentic Happiness, Seligman revealed the astounding positive effects that a change in attitude can bring. People who view their lives positively, use a life coach, and embrace optimism experience lower levels of depression and stress.

In their book, The 9 Choices of Happy People, authors Rick Foster and Greg Hicks revealed that people who are happy started the process by making a conscious effort to change their attitudes and behaviours. Realizing what makes you unhappy with yourself and actively working to change that, is a proven way of finding happiness within. Changing your attitudes to embrace positive emotions such as empathy, selflessness, and compassion, as Foster & Hicks suggest, brings more happiness to people than the feelings of pity, selfishness and greed.

Author Tony Wilkinson argues that happiness is about your inner reactions to events: what you think and believe and how problems affect you as a happy person. The first way to change your attitude is to adopt a positive view of circumstances and events. Remember that glass that you’re always being told to look at? There’s a reason, because a glass half-full is a way of looking at the world. This positive thinking is vital to a happier attitude as it allows you to accept that plans may change, that sometimes things don’t always go in your favour.

Optimism is about preparing for these changes and moving on to a new plan without dwelling on the bad. It is about adopting a more favourable view when things happen. It’s okay that you forgot to get eggs at the grocery store because you need to go back for more butter too. Yes, you were kept an hour late at work last week, but you did see a beautiful sunset on your way back home.

How to Be Happy: The Complete Guide

Comprehensive guide!!!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More advice from coaches -

Most of our life, we cruise through life and react to uncomfortable situations, rather than having a clear vision of our desired life and pursuing that vision. At Be Happy in LIFE, we believe that happiness is a learned skill that, unfortunately, we do not learn in school. We believe that everyone can be happy and we have the right lessons and the right teachers to teach happiness. Using our program, everyone gets an “A+” in Happiness.

Let’s face it, most of our problems in life are in relationships, either with ourselves or with others. Something there is not working the way we want it to work. Life coaching is a journey people take in their quest for achieving their goals and dreams. A life coach is a person who helps people take that journey and guides them through the learnings they need in order to keep moving forward ,stay on track and achieve success and happiness. They learn to establish good relationships with themselves and with others.

Personal Life Coaching | Be Happy in LIFE

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - want2discover.com resources - from more proof-reading! Loads of tips? For example -

A dud link now? Try this page -

Recent evidence suggests that a promising approach is to complement psychological counseling with additional activities that are not too taxing for clients but yield high results. In our own research, we have zeroed in on one such activity: the practice of gratitude. Indeed, many studies over the past decade have found that people who consciously count their blessings tend to be happier and less depressed.

How Gratitude Changes You and Your Brain

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From that thread I did about actualization -

What Is Spiritual Enlightenment or Spiritual Awakening? | Awaken

This is, in part, because “spiritual enlightenment” and “spiritual awakening” have been used in so many ways to describe so many things, similar to the way in which “love” is used to describe everything from a preference for ice cream to a merging with everything. And it is also because spiritual enlightenment and spiritual awakening are such rich and complex experiences that they are innately hard to define.

Some definitions are very specific and narrow. One such definition for spiritual enlightenment is the complete dissolution of one’s identity as a separate self with no trace of the egoic mind remaining. This sets the bar very high and means that very few people qualify as enlightened.

The opposite approach is to say that everyone is enlightened, that there is only awake consciousness. In this view, it’s only a question of whether this natural awakeness has been recognized or not. Of course, when a word describes everything or everyone, it loses some of its usefulness. If everyone is enlightened, then why even talk about it?

Enjoy your day!