• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from the wake up world website -

At its core, mindfulness means paying attention to what’s happening in the moment. It’s being aware of your physical body, feelings, thoughts, and surroundings. And that awareness — taking time to appreciate a vivid sunset, an elderly couple walking down the street hand in hand, or a smile from a stranger — will make you feel good. Even eating with intention, chewing slowly, and noticing the colors and flavors on your palate is a form of mindfulness.

If you want something deeper, try mindfulness meditation. Sit in a quiet place, clear your mind of other thoughts, and concentrate on your breathing. As you inhale and exhale, you’ll feel more calm and centered. I like to say, “you have to win the mornings.” In other words, start your morning with a regular meditation practice and with intention. This will set the rest of your day right. It will change your brain for the better.[2]

The 10 Best Ways to Find Happiness in the New Year | Wake Up World

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More quotes for that thread? -

quote-human-beings-are-works-in-progress-that-mistakenly-think-they-re-finished-the-person-daniel-gilbert-105-20-79.jpg

TOP 25 QUOTES BY DANIEL GILBERT (of 61) | A-Z Quotes

Plus the similar writers over on right of page!

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from a recent psych site? --->

Our imperative is happiness. We have a right to be happy, or so we think. Especially in America, the pursuit of happiness is seen as a birthright, a covenant we sign with life from our first cry. Happy people smile from magazine covers; merry models make even impotence and incontinence look delightful.

“To the European it is a characteristic of the American culture that, again and again, one is commanded and ordered to ‘be happy,’” psychiatrist Viktor Frankl observed in his international bestseller Man’s Search for Meaning. “But happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue.”

There is a counterpoint to this relentless promise of happiness: If you are suffering, something must be wrong with you. Snap out of it! Or at least take it elsewhere. Even the rally cries (“God only gives you what you can handle”) carry a hidden undertone of “It’s your fault if you can’t handle it.” As if suffering were a blemish we could wipe away if only we tried hard enough.

For more of this blog -

Psych Central: Why Striving for Happiness Can Make Us Unhappy — Michaela Haas, PhD

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Quite a few quotes in that article - for our quote thread? -

"The lack of meaning in life is a soul-sickness whose full extent and import our age has not yet begun to comprehend.”

~ Carl Jung

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From recent emails & conversations & reading -

Best book bits happiness

Tennis rivalry Federer

Do a stillness thread - why not!

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness self reflection -

Are you happy in your blameless state?

If not, consider this alternative: self-reflection. This is our ability to examine our own character, motives, and actions in any situation. Self-reflection is the reason why I started this blog six week ago and serves as the spiritual foundation for all I write here.

Here is what happened to me when I decided to work on my ability to self reflect:

I stopped blaming people and external circumstances for my problems.

I became more realistic about, and more aware of, my own strengths and weaknesses.

I became more compassionate toward myself and others, especially those I may have conflicts with.

I experienced greater peace knowing that I have the power to change myself, whatever the external situation.

I grew closer to God.

I learned to readily surrender my weaknesses to God.

I became happier.

Ongoing self-reflection is the path to breaking the deadly affliction of self-righteousness. This has certainly been true in my own life.

Comes from this timely named site? --->

https://www.spirituallivingforbusypeople.com/self-reflection-key-happiness

:)