• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
It’s hard to offer someone compassion when you assume you have them pegged. He’s a jerk. She’s a malcontent. He’s an–insert other choice noun. Even if it seems unlikely someone will wake up one day and act differently, we have to remember it is possible.

When you think negative thoughts, it comes out in your body language. Someone prone to negativity may feel all too tempted to mirror that. Try coming at them with the positive mindset you wish they had. Expect the best in them. You never know when you might be pleasantly surprised.

10 Ways to Deal with Negative or Difficult People

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Adamu is a pan-dimensional being of profound wisdom that speaks for "the Monadic Entity of the Pleiadian Civilisation". But as strange and interesting as that may sound, what is even more remarkable is the information he has to share.

Adamu is the most wonderful source of compassionate wisdom. He has an unbelievable amount to share with us on the subject of ascension and the attendant issues of learning how to awaken to unity-consciousness, discovering our own creator nature and learning to release our limitations.

If you have read Book 1 of The Ascension Papers (and the parts of Book 2 that are currently available) then you will know that these books record the conversations that I have had with my Inner-Self (J-D) and with my spirit-guide (8). Book 3 is different in that I am talking to Adamu. Though still in progress and new chapters are still being added as I receive them, this book has proven to be very popular indeed - especially to many of the Starseeds currently incarnated here on Earth.

Read more here -

The Ascension Papers, Book 3

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Timely?? -

"By far the strongest poison to the human spirit is the inability to forgive oneself or another person. Forgiveness is no longer an option but a necessity for healing."

Caroline Myss!

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - ego traps in spirituality - quite a few?

For example -

We may have many amazing aspects of ourselves and what we do, but the purpose of the spiritual journey is to uncover our true identity and authenticity and to give, thank and help from a place of genuine and voluntary compassion rather than as part of a philosophy or tactical approach.

And I still always have more to learn from everyone I meet and interact with. The idea of an “end goal” or final plateau isn’t on my radar anymore, because I’m not seeking a payoff and I don’t think of spirituality as a competition.

15 signs of spiritual ego (from when I was a spiritual narcissist)

Do a sep thread??

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - bigselfschool.com happiness

Voltaire once wrote: “Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.”

There’s a lot of wisdom in that. A fulfilled life isn’t so much determined by what you know as it is by how willing you are to learn.

The most obvious way to learn is by asking questions. You do that every day without thinking about it. It’s the most direct way to access necessary information to get by, do your work, or understand your loved ones.

But what about your inner world? Are you as eager to get to know yourself as you’re curious about others?

If you are, here are some deep questions to ask yourself to increase self-awareness. No one else can answer these for you.

60 Deep Questions To Ask Yourself If You Want To Be Self-Aware

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Chasing happiness?? -

We are constantly chasing happiness but we don’t know what makes us happy. We often look to external factors like money and status and think that once we have them we will be happy. But we don’t know if it’s that or something else.

According to Virginia-based therapist Susan J. Buniva, “It is an illusion that external events or circumstances like wealth or marriage will create happiness,” she says. “When we look outside ourselves for happiness, we no longer have agency over our own happiness and count on others to make us happy or we depend on things to fill us up.”

25 reasons why chasing happiness only makes you miserable

All the best

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Or - happiness learning growing

Leads to -

Try - everydaysuccess.com happiness

For example

The art of happiness is including activities that make you happy in your daily life. Just as important, things that make you happy need not be extravagant. Often, the things that increase our sense of well-being are very simple.

Our lives are loaded with things we must do. Work, family commitments, commuting, school, social commitments, volunteer activity, child rearing, homemaking, house cleaning. How do we fit our happiness into an otherwise busy day?

To begin, shape the things you must-do in ways that make you happy. Before you think that’s a lot of quackery, let’s think of how we might do it. Many fill their commute time with music or reading – both are happiness inducing activities. To up the experience, you might change what you listen to or read to something you want to learn.

15 Ways to Grow Happiness | Everyday Success

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Make life worth living -

My partner is taking a class in psychology and one assignment asks her to write a paper answering the question “What makes life worth living?”

For the past few days, she’s been asking the people around her – kids, friends, co-workers – what they think makes life worth living, and the answers have been pretty much of a sort: family, friends, work, music, some possession or other, faith, maybe health. Computer games.

Although these answers aren’t necessarily trivial, they strike me as very unsatisfying answers to the question “What makes life wort living?” What about family, friends, work, etc. makes life worth living? Just having them?

Then why aren’t most people – who generally have families, friends, and jobs – happier than they are? Why, indeed, do we live in a society where anti-depressants are among the most profitable medications? Why are the bookstore shelves packed with books explaining how to be happier?

What Makes Life Worth Living?

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Life hack books change life

I remember the first time I got my hands on a self-improvement book. I was baffled. At that moment, I realized my fate was not set in stone. I could become my own drill master and coach. The books I read would set out the training course for me to overcome. All I had to do was listen to that voice that aspired to climb higher and higher.

Every time I committed to a new challenge, I knew it was going to be outside of my comfort zone. But after enough iterations, I also knew it will not just be part of my repertoire, it will be part of me.

Not all self-improvement books are made equal. Some help start you out on your journey, others give you a boost when you’ve achieved experience in certain areas.

Here are the best ones that I recommend to read no matter how old you are:

27 Best Self Improvement Books to Read No Matter How Old You Are

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
According to many spiritual practices, if we want to attain spiritual awakening, we must avoid anger and other “low vibration” emotions. However, this is deceptively untrue, and, in fact, before we are fully awake, overriding anger can actually be a spiritual bypass that keeps us asleep. Here’s why...

Along with self-awareness and other key elements, spiritual awakening requires self-empowerment, and this includes being fully responsible for our lives, expressing our real selves, and speaking our truth. Furthermore, feelings of victimhood and powerlessness demonstrate the areas of life where we are most asleep. In fact, if you feel stuck or stagnant on your spiritual path, there is a good chance you’re experiencing disempowerment in one or more ways.

Embracing Anger on the Spiritual Path

Cheers!