• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
New thread -

Is a Happy Life Different from a Meaningful One?

Plus this article -

Clinical psychologist and author Steven Hayes, PhD, asks readers to imagine an emotion machine that has two dials, one labeled "PAIN," the other "WILLINGNESS," as in willingness to suffer. Any sensible person cranks both those dials down to zero. Unfortunately, the pain button doesn't seem to work: No matter how far we turn it down, we still hurt. So we read self-help books and munch antidepressants like Pac-Women. These things might help us deal with pain, but they won't get rid of it. This method just never works. Bizarrely, here's what does: turning the willingness-to-suffer dial up to maximum.

Don't take Hayes's word for it; try an exercise. Search your mind for a topic you prefer not to think about: your dog's failing health, an argument with your spouse, the highly personal photos you accidentally posted on Facebook. Notice how you push away your sadness, anger, embarrassment. Accept this resistance. Let it be as it is. Paradoxically, you may feel it lessen slightly.

Martha Beck: Experiencing Pain Is the Only Way to Achieve Happiness

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More proof-reading ...

Path of unconditional self acceptance

Do you accept yourself?

It might sound like an odd question; after all, what does it even mean to accept yourself?

Don’t we all accept ourselves as a regular part of living our day-to-day lives?

As it turns out, self-acceptance is not an automatic or default state. Many of us have trouble accepting ourselves exactly as we are. It’s not so hard to accept the good parts of ourselves, but what about the rest? Surely we shouldn’t accept our flaws and failures?

In fact, that’s exactly what we should do! Read on to learn why we need to accept ourselves, the good and the bad, and to get some practical suggestions on how to do it.

From this huge site -

What is Self-Acceptance? 25 Exercises + Definition and Quotes

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - happiness cultivate joy

Research by Dr. Robert Emmons demonstrated that practicing gratitude can considerably increase your happiness and well-being. A daily practice of naming the three things that conjure feelings of gratitude can make you more thankful, improve your mood, raise resilience, and increase optimism.

Being mindful of your blessings is what makes the gratitude practice so powerful. Studies show that gratefulness can rewire your brain to be more sensitive to experiencing gratitude.

Gratitude helps cope with negative emotions, and it can reprogram your subconscious to be more positive and attract abundance.

Comes from this site - with yet another free e-book -

7 Ways to Cultivate Happiness Every Day

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness limiting beliefs -

The “I’m not good enough” limiting belief is typically rooted in comparisons. It happens when we are conditioned to see beauty and talent as a one-size definition and we try to squeeze ourselves into the mold of whatever “good enough” is.

Perhaps you can relate to this. Perhaps you find yourself scrolling through social media, comparing yourself to the people in your feed or the celebrities in magazines wishing you were more like them.

But you were born perfect, and it’s only your conditioned mindset that limits you and tells you that you aren’t enough. If you’re nodding your head in silent agreement, take a deep breath and say to yourself, “I am enough as I am!”.

11 Limiting Beliefs That Are Keeping You From Being Happy

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - thoughtcatalog.com happiness

First to catch my attention -

I’m happy in a way that I know there are times when I’ll be sad and miserable and that doesn’t bother me anymore because that ounce of sadness and pinch of misery are something I cannot control.

I’m happy in a way that I’m alone but I get by because nothing beats the sound of silence, but I’m also happy in a way that I know I am not totally alone, because I have people I can count on when I’m ready to break that silence.

This Is What It Means To Find True Happiness

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More recent searches - mainly at library - a little jittery but the watched threads etc helped ...

Thich wonderful moment

Quintessential mind shadow Jung - to our darkness thread??

Zukav quote reverence - do a thread??

Zukav study guide

Pema Chodron perfection

Tiny Buddha self improvement

Spiritual awakening anxiety

Love difficult people

Tiny Buddha feeling lost

Lopes crazy - sub-titles!

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Love yourself completely especially when struggling - quite a few - I was anticipating Tiny Buddha?

If you really loved yourself, when life happens and someone leaves you without saying goodbye, you would not waste the next two years of your life weeping, waiting, regretting, wishing they would one day come back. You would not blame yourself for a decision they have made on their own terms. You would not let them break you into pieces, not just one but every time they make you believe they are finally back only to walk away like you aren’t worth a thing. If you loved yourself, you would know it isn’t true. You would know you’re valuable and you would never sell yourself short like that.

Read This If You Struggle To Love Yourself

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - mindful.org gratitude - from an email about a gratitude journal ...

When we find ourselves in a rut, it becomes easier to focus on what’s wrong and minimize what’s right. This gratitude practice is designed to change that; its aim is to amplify the experience of optimism. Hundreds of studies show that this simple shift leads to enhanced mood, better relationships, and even enhanced physical health.

A 10-Minute Gratitude Practice to Notice, Shift, and Rewire Your Brain

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Meditation secrets? -

As a meditation teacher, I’m suddenly becoming aware that there are many meditation secrets that many people are currently unaware of.

It’s no surprise. Most people get their basic information about meditation from mainstream media, and mainstream media like to tell you tall tales without explaining the fine details. They miss the vital facts you need to know about meditation.

In this article, I am going to elucidate things for you. I am going to share the secrets of meditation that you need to know if you want to get the most out of your practice. Some of these may surprise you, but they are all one hundred per cent true.

9 Meditation Secrets You Need To Know

Enjoy the rest of your browsing!