• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clear prophecy in the Bible about prophet Muhammad

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
So what's the goddamn point of the Qur'an?

Oh here's a book no-one can read.

Useful.

The clear verses such as laws etc need no interpretation but ones which are mystical and ambiguous cannot be authoritatively interpreted.

Sura 3:7

It is He who sent down upon thee the Book, wherein are verses clear that are the Essence of the Book, and others ambiguous. As for those in whose hearts is swerving, they follow the ambiguous part, desiring dissension, and desiring its interpretation; and none knows its interpretation, save only God. And those firmly rooted in knowledge say, 'We believe in it; all is from our Lord'; yet none remembers, but men possessed of minds.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The clear verses such as laws etc need no interpretation but ones which are mystical and ambiguous cannot be authoritatively interpreted.

It is He who sent down upon thee the Book, wherein are verses clear that are the Essence of the Book, and others ambiguous. As for those in whose hearts is swerving, they follow the ambiguous part, desiring dissension, and desiring its interpretation; and none knows its interpretation, save only God. And those firmly rooted in knowledge say, 'We believe in it; all is from our Lord'; yet none remembers, but men possessed of minds.
But still what's the point of a book half of which none can understand? Why bother giving that half in the first place?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Who has said that Baha'ullah could interpret the Quran?

If only himself claimed, let me claim just like him without any reason.

You must prove yourself like Muhammad Who was stoned and Christ Who was crucified and Baha'u'llah Who was exiled and tortured for 40 years and God must call you and give you a Revelation which will cause thousands to lay down their life for your cause then you are qualified to interpret the Quran. Not until then.

Have you suffered like these Manifestations? Has God sent down a Revelation to you? Only They are worthy to interpret not you or I.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
But still what's the point of a book half of which none can understand? Why bother giving that half in the first place?

What was necessary for the time was given. Laws and spiritual and moral guidance.

The half that cannot be understood was left as a sign for the people to be able to recognise the true Interpreter when He came as one of the proofs of His validity is that He can unravel all the meanings of the all the scriptures which no one has been able to do for centuries and Baha'u'llah has done just that.

In Revelation the Books are sealed as with the Quran. And only the Lion of Judah, root of David was found worthy to unseal the meanings. Baha'u'llah was descended from Jesse the father of David which makes Him descended from the root of David.

It's fascinating if you ever find time to look into it.

mojtaba

You must prove yourself like Muhammad Who was stoned and Christ Who was crucified and Baha'u'llah Who was exiled and tortured for 40 years and God must call you and give you a Revelation which will cause thousands to lay down their life for your cause then you are qualified to interpret the Quran. Not until then.

Have you suffered like these Manifestations? Has God sent down a Revelation to you? Only They are worthy to interpret not you or I.
Is there any difference between Bahau'llah and Jesus?

Was Baha'ullah God?

Britedream

What was necessary for the time was given. Laws and spiritual and moral guidance.

The half that cannot be understood was left as a sign for the people to be able to recognise the true Interpreter when He came as one of the proofs of His validity is that He can unravel all the meanings of the all the scriptures which no one has been able to do for centuries and Baha'u'llah has done just that.

In Revelation the Books are sealed as with the Quran. And only the Lion of Judah, root of David was found worthy to unseal the meanings. Baha'u'llah was descended from Jesse the father of David which makes Him descended from the root of David.

It's fascinating if you ever find time to look into it.

I truly believe that you are getting things wrong because you are following translations, translations are not the Quran, please learn arabic to avoid such confusion.

1- God in the Ayah you quoted, did not say clear "wadheh" in arabic, God said "muhkamat" ; meaning it has a concrete meaning; which means has only one meaning.

2- God said, they are the mother of the book, this word "mother" denotes two things; a) "muhkamat" is the majority, b) they are the base, in which you refer the "mutashabihat" to it, to get the correct meaning.

3- God did not say Ambiguous as you stated, but God said " mutashabihat" ; meaning it has more than one meaning.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I truly believe that you are getting things wrong because you are following translations, translations are not the Quran, please learn arabic to avoid such confusion.

1- God in the Ayah you quoted, did not say clear "wadheh" in arabic, God said "muhkamat" ; meaning it has a concrete meaning; which means has only one meaning.

2- God said, they are the mother of the book, this word "mother" denotes two things; a) "muhkamat" is the majority, b) they are the base, in which you refer the "mutashabihat" to it, to get the correct meaning.

3- God did not say Ambiguous as you stated, but God said " mutashabihat" ; meaning it has more than one meaning.

I am well aware of that and your translations are also in some English translations which I have read and fully agree with.

So there are concrete meanings, only one meaning - fully agreed

And there are verses with more than one meaning - agreed also.

We agree fully here.

Only we differ in that we believe that Baha'u'llah in His Book of Certitude has given the correct meanings and interpretation of the Quran as well as in other Tablets and Books.

But your translations in English are in other versions, I just did not paste that version here but it is translated the way you have quoted.

mojtaba

No Baha'u'llah was definitely not God but God spoke through Him. Christ and Bahaullah differ only in Their Message.
Allah says, Chapter 3
It does not behoove any human that Allah should give him the Book, judgement and prophethood, and then he should say to the people, ‘Be my servants instead of Allah.’ Rather [he would say], ‘Be a godly people, because of your teaching the Book and because of your studying it.’ (79) And he would not command you to take the angels and the prophets for Lords. Would he call you to unfaith after you have submitted [to Allah]? (80)

Also He(swt) said,
And when Allah will say, ‘O Jesus son of Mary! Was it you who said to the people, ‘‘Take me and my mother for gods besides Allah’’?’ He will say, ‘Immaculate are You! It does not behoove me to say what I have no right to [say]. Had I said it, You would certainly have known it: You know whatever is in my self, and I do not know what is in Your Self. Indeed, You are knower of all that is Unseen. (116)

But see the sayings of Baha'ullah in which he says that he is God and our Lord . He said this when he was in prison,
كذلك امر ربك اذكان مسجوناً فی اخرب البلاد...​
... Your Lord( meaning Baha'ullah ) commanded you such this when he was imprisoned in the worst cities.
(See, http://reference.bahai.org/fa/t/b/Q1/q1-470.html#pg465)

He said,' There is no god but myself who is imprisoned and alone( انه لا اله الا انا المسجون الفرید ) '
(See, http://reference.bahai.org/fa/t/b/Q1/q1-231.html#pg226)

Also, he did not stop there and said that all deities and Lords became god from the flow of his affairs!!!
کل الالوه من رشح امری تالهت و کل الربوب من طفح حکمی تَربَّت​
“All Gods became Gods from the flow of my affairs and all Lords became Lords by the overflowing of my decree,”
(See, http://reference.bahai.org/fa/t/o/MASH1/mash1-77.html#pg75)

so, Quran rejects Bah'ullah, while you say that he had the right to interpret Holy Quran.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Allah says, Chapter 3
It does not behoove any human that Allah should give him the Book, judgement and prophethood, and then he should say to the people, ‘Be my servants instead of Allah.’ Rather [he would say], ‘Be a godly people, because of your teaching the Book and because of your studying it.’ (79) And he would not command you to take the angels and the prophets for Lords. Would he call you to unfaith after you have submitted [to Allah]? (80)

Also He(swt) said,
And when Allah will say, ‘O Jesus son of Mary! Was it you who said to the people, ‘‘Take me and my mother for gods besides Allah’’?’ He will say, ‘Immaculate are You! It does not behoove me to say what I have no right to [say]. Had I said it, You would certainly have known it: You know whatever is in my self, and I do not know what is in Your Self. Indeed, You are knower of all that is Unseen. (116)

But see the sayings of Baha'ullah in which he says that he is God and our Lord . He said this when he was in prison,
... Your Lord( meaning Baha'ullah ) commanded you such this when he was imprisoned in the worst cities.

He said,' There is no god but myself who is imprisoned and alone( انه لا اله الا انا المسجون الفرید ) '

Also, he did not stop there and said that all deities and Lords became god from the flow of his affairs!!!
“All Gods became Gods from the flow of my affairs and all Lords became Lords by the overflowing of my decree,”

so, Quran rejects Bah'ullah, while you say that he had the right to interpret Holy Quran.
Oh Mojtaba, why do you start again?

Bahaullah fulfills the Prophecies regarding Qaim and return of Christ. According to your own Sources, Qaim is the only one, that when He appears can interprete the Quran.

We should not just read some verses of Quran and deny others. There are many verses that teaches we should not differentiate between God and Messenger (Surran Nisa:150-151)

In your own sources, Imam Ali says, "I am one of the Slaves of Allah".

I had already quoted and discussed all these with you. remember, every people has an end, when their end comes Allah does not wait. He sends His next messenger (7:34-35)

InvestigateTruth

The meaning in Arabic is clear; the word is Khatem which means the end of.
Hello,

Just for the fact, the word is Not KhatEm in Quran.

It is KhatAm.
It means the stone on rings, which may also be used to stamp a document.
The word KhatEm, means Terminator. All Muslims agree that the word in Quran is not Khatem, but it is KhatAm.
It is merely their interpretation, that if you stamp a document, it means it is final. But for a fact, you stamp a document, to confirm it, and not necessarily, never write anything else later.

Also, Muhammad called Imam Ali, KhatAm al-ulia.
Which in a sense means the best of the belivers. khatAm is a stone or ornament on rings. Symbolically it was used to give high station to a Person, such as KhatAm alulia, signifies high station of Ali.
So, just for the fact, this word can be interpreted in different ways, and therfore, it would be Mutishabihat, and only Allah knows its inyerpretation. In Bahai View, it was for a Test from Allah. Muslims need to pass this test, so they may recognize their Lord, the Qaim.

Last edited:

mojtaba

Oh Mojtaba, why do you start again?

Bahaullah fulfills the Prophecies regarding Qaim and return of Christ. According to your own Sources, Qaim is the only one, that when He appears can interprete the Quran.

We should not just read some verses of Quran and deny others. There are many verses that teaches we should not differentiate between God and Messenger (Surran Nisa:150-151)

In your own sources, Imam Ali says, "I am one of the Slaves of Allah".

I had already quoted and discussed all these with you. remember, every people has an end, when their end comes Allah does not wait. He sends His next messenger (7:34-35)
Yes, and you again begin to change and distort our Hadiths and Quran, just like Baha'ullah.

Imam Ali never claimed that he is Lord or God. Imam Ali cursed those who said that he is God.

But Baha'ullah clearly said, there is no god but myself!!!

Imam Sadiq(pbuh) also cursed those who believed that Imams are God. I brought this Hadith for you in past, didn't I?

InvestigateTruth

Yes, and you again begin to change and distort our Hadiths and Quran, just like Baha'ullah.

Imam Ali never claimed that he was Lord or God. Imam Ali cursed those who said that he is God.

But Baha'ullah clearly said, there is no god but myself!!!

Imam Sadiq(pbuh) also cursed those who believed that Imams were God. I brought this Hadith for you in past, didn't I?
You did not understand what i said.

Imam ali said He is Abd of Muhammad. However, Imam ali was Abd of Allah. Why then He said He is Abd of Muhammad?

You are confusing Imams with Messengers.

I had already quoted from your own sources.
Imam Baqer said the earth shall shine with the lighr of Lord, but that is Qaim. Note that, God is above everyones understandings, and no one can see Him physically. Therefore His Messengers are His Manifestations, and represent the Lord on the earth. In this sense All Messengers are Manifestations of God. If you read Iqan, Bahaullah explained it. Please remember, you should not just refer to some part of scriptures and deny some parts. Dont just copy Bahaullah or Quran, while denying other parts

InvestigateTruth

6 For thus saith the Lord of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;

7 And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of hosts.

8 The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the Lord of hosts.

9 The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the Lord of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the Lord of hosts.

Haggai 2 (KJV)

Sir Godfrey Higgins is an archaeologist, Freemason and Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries, humanist, social reformer, and author of various esoteric and now-rare books.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godfrey_Higgins

He states in his book (anacalypsis) -Page 679- about the desire of all nations on Haggai 2:7 which pronounced HAMDAH in Hebrew:

"HMD, From this root, the pretended prophet mohammed or mohamet had his name, here Mohammed is expressly foretold by haggai ,and by name , there is no interpolation here . there is no evading this clear text and its meaning."

10350402_330896810431149_6516707966945651433_n.jpg

Source: https://books.google.com.eg/books?id=-sNBAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA679&hl=ar#v=onepage&q&f=false

John Parkhurst was an English academic, clergyman and BIBLICAL LEXICOGRAPHER lived on 17th century.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Parkhurst_(lexicographer)

He said in his book "An Hebrew and English Lexicon: Without Points p.217" about prophecy of Haggai 2:7 (And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come):

THE DESIRE OF ALL NATIONS:

"From this Root the pretended Prophet Mohammed, or (according to our corrupt pronunciation) Mahomet, had his name"

10411272_330900460430784_5518403815801164204_n.jpg

Source: https://books.google.com.eg/books?id=OhwWAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA217&dq=from+this+root+the+pretended+prophet+mohammed,+or,+according+to+our+corrupt+pronunciation&hl=ar&sa=X&ei=CvnjUaqeNIb8OcudgYgH&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=from this root the pretended prophet mohammed, or, according to our corrupt pronunciation&f=false

Moreover, Haggai 2:9 is clearly pointing another house will be greater than the former house (The temple of Jerusalem that was destroyed) ... This verse is obviously pointing the sacred house of God in Mecca.

"in this land will I give peace": Jerusalem did not know peace in history, but Mecca is the safest land on the world. No wars touched Mecca in its history !!

Here Muhammad peace be upon him is prophesied by name according to western archelogists and biblical lexicographers. In addition, the prophecy of the latter house of God in the safe land Mecca is great confirmation of this clear prophecy.
If you want clear prophecies about Muhammad in Bible, here is one:

“And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred
and three-score days, clothed in sackcloth.”[25] By these two witnesses are intended Muḥammad the
Messenger of God and ‘Alí the son of Abú Ṭálib. In the Qur’án it is said that God addressed
Muḥammad, saying, “We made Thee a witness, a herald, and a warner”;[26] that is, We have
established Thee as one Who bears witness, Who imparts the glad-tidings of that which is to come,
and Who warns of the wrath of God. A “witness” means one by whose affirmation matters are
ascertained. The commandments of these two witnesses were to be followed for 1,260 days, each
day corresponding to a year. Now, Muḥammad was the root and ‘Alí the branch, like Moses and
Joshua. It is said they were “clothed in sackcloth”, meaning that they appeared to wear not a new
raiment but an old one. In other words, they would initially appear to be of no consequence in the
eyes of other peoples and their Cause would not seem new. For the spiritual principles of the
religion of Muḥammad correspond to those of Christ in the Gospel, and His material
commandments correspond for the most part to those of the Torah. This is the symbolism of the old
raiment.
“These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.”[27]
These two Souls have been likened to olive trees, since all the lamps of that time were lit at night
with olive oil. In other words, these are two Souls from whom the oil of divine wisdom—which is
the cause of the illumination of the world—will appear, and through whom the lights of God will
shine bright and resplendent. Thus have they also been likened to candlesticks. The candlestick is
the locus of the light and the place from whence it emanates. In the same way, the light of guidance
would shine resplendent from these luminous Countenances.
They are “standing before God”—that is, they have arisen in His service and are educating His
creatures. For instance, they so educated the barbarous, desert-dwelling tribes of the Arabian
Peninsula as to cause them to attain the loftiest heights of human civilization at the time and to
spread their fame and renown throughout the world.
“And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their
enemies.”[28] This means that no soul would be able to withstand their might. That is, should anyone
seek to subvert their teachings or their law, he would be overcome and defeated by virtue of that
law which proceeds, whether in brief or in full, from their mouth. In other words, they would issue
a command that would destroy any enemy that would attempt to harm or oppose them. And so it
came to pass, for their opponents were all vanquished, dispersed, and destroyed, and these two
witnesses were outwardly assisted by the power of God.
“These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy.”[29] This means
that they would rule supreme in that age. In other words, the law and teachings of Muḥammad, and
the exposition and commentaries of ‘Alí, are a heavenly grace. Should they wish to bestow this
grace, it is in their power to do so, and should they wish otherwise, no rain will fall, and by “rain” is
meant here the outpouring grace.....

Some answered Questions

mojtaba

Imam ali said He is Abd of Muhammad. However, Imam ali was Abd of Allah. Why then He said He is Abd of Muhammad?

Imam Baqer said the earth shall shine with the lighr of Lord, but that is Qaim. Note that, God is above everyones understandings, and no one can see Him physically. Therefore His Messengers are His Manifestations, and represent the Lord on the earth. In this sense All Messengers are Manifestations of God. If you read Iqan, Bahaullah explained it. Please remember, you should not just refer to some part of scriptures and deny some parts. Dont just copy Bahaullah or Quran, while denying other parts
I do not know what do you mean. Quran clearly says,
It does not behoove any human that Allah should give him the Book, judgement and prophethood,
and then he should say to the people, ‘Be my servants besides Allah.’ 3:79

5:72
They are certainly faithless who say, ‘Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary.’

So I say, 'Baha'ullah certainly became faithless when he said, ‘There is no god but Myself(انه لا اله الا انا).’ '

Imam Mahdi(Qaim) is the light of the Lord, not the Lord, Himself. According to the Hadiths, an Imam is the light of guidance which is from God.

Imam Ali said that he is the slave(Abd) of Muhammad, not his servant. Abd means slave too. Quran says,
O you who have faith! Retribution is prescribed for you regarding the slain: freeman for freeman, slave(Abd) for slave, and female for female.(2:178)

Good luck!

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

I do not know what do you mean. Quran clearly says,
It does not behoove any human that Allah should give him the Book, judgement and prophethood,
and then he should say to the people, ‘Be my servants besides Allah.’ 3:79

5:72
They are certainly faithless who say, ‘Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary.’

So I say, 'Baha'ullah certainly became faithless whe he said, ‘There is no god but Myself(انه لا اله الا انا).’ '

Imam Mahdi(Qaim) is the light of the Lord, not the Lord, Himself. According to the Hadiths, an Imam is the light of guidance which is from God.

Imam Ali said that he is the slave(Abd) of Muhammad, not his servant. Abd means slave, Quran says,
O you who have faith! Retribution is prescribed for you regarding the slain: freeman for freeman, slave(Abd) for slave, and female for female.(2:178)

Good luck!
Lol. Obviously in Arabic Abd means servant and slave. What is the word for servent then?

And also remember the Hadith of Ali who said "I am two years yonger than my Lord (rab)"

That is the key to understand. 'Be my servants besides Allah.’
It means, no prophet will come and say, do not worship Me, and not Allah. The concept of oneness of Allah and His Prophets is well established in Quran and Bible. Quran, surrah Nisa 150-151

mojtaba

Lol. Obviously in Arabic Abd means servant and slave. What is the word for servent then?

And also remember the Hadith of Ali who said "I am two years yonger than my Lord (rab)"

That is the key to understand. 'Be my servants besides Allah.’
It means, no prophet will come and say, do not worship Me, and not Allah. The concept of oneness of Allah and His Prophets is well established in Quran and Bible. Quran, surrah Nisa 150-151
In that Hadith Abd only means salve, not servant and Quran and other Hadiths prove this.

Quran strongly rejects you.
Quran says that Jesus was only the srevant of God, not God or Lord Himself,
Chapter Mary,
And it is not appropriate for the Most Merciful that He should take a son. (92) There is no one in the heavens and earth but that he comes to the Most Merciful as a servant. (93)

Lol. Imam Ali was 30 years younger than Prophet Muhammad, not 2 yrs. So, that saying does not make any sense.

Prophet Muhammad said, ' O my God, you are my Lord, there is no god but You. You created me and I am your servant.(اللهم انت ربي لا اله الا انت. خلقتني و انا عبدك) '( See, Jamalul Osboo', P.199 )

But Baha'ullah said, ' Certainly, there is no god but Myself( انه لا اله الا انا ) '.( See, Athari Qalami A'la by Baha'ullah, V.1, Tablet 39 )
And Pharaoh, like Baha'ullah, said (Quran 79:24-25): And [Pharaoh] said, "I am your most exalted Lord!" So Allah seized him with the punishment of this life and the Hereafter.

Good luck!

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Allah says, Chapter 3

Also He(swt) said,

God is free to speak to us directly if He so chooses. He is God. He does as He pleases. And we have no right to question His choice.

Baha'u'llah was not the essence of God and clearly denied being God but God sometimes spoke in the first person through Baha'u'llah. Sometimes the command Say came before a statement.

"When I contemplate, O my God, the relationship that bindeth me to Thee, I am moved to proclaim to all created things ‘verily I am God!’; and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!” -Baha'u'llah

Certain ones among you have said: ‘He it is Who hath laid claim to be God.’ By God! This is a gross calumny. I am but a servant of God Who hath believed in Him and in His signs… My tongue, and My heart, and My inner and My outer being testify that there is no God but Him, that all others have been created by His behest, and been fashioned through the operation of His Will…. I am He that telleth abroad the favors with which God hath, through His bounty, favored Me. If this be My transgression, then I am truly the first of the transgressors….”

Servant_of_the_One1

May Allah forgive u!

Ali r.a would never utter such kufr statement!