• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Church offers lower payouts to black abuse victims

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You must never have had to hire a defense lawyer in a sexual abuse case.
A friend of mine got accused of that. It cost him $20k to prove he was innocent. And he had to pay it all. The accuser never had to pay anything.
And that was after the local paper ran a front page headline, with his picture, about him as an "alleged" child molester. It was a big story for a week.
When the case was dismissed, it was covered by two sentences in the court news section towards the back. Nobody noticed.
His life in small town Indiana was trashed. He lost his job. He had been in public relations with a local historical society. What do you do with that when you're best known for molesting a 14 year-old boy? Try to come up with $20K for the lawyers and survive in a town you're lucky to get a job pumping gas.
If it was a completely made-uo accusation against an innocent person, I trust that your friend counter-sued, right?

Sorry dude, the whole "guilty until proven innocent" b.s. makes me kinda angry. And that's how it works in the litigation lottery world we live in. You are contributing to it with all your assumptions about the black guys and the RCC.
Tom
By "guilty until proven innocent," do you mean "believing victims?"