• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chuck Berry is dead

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Sweet Lill SixTeen

Chuck is dead ... sort of.

annettefunicelloannette263.jpg

David T

Premium Member
So sad, I only mentioned him today on the forum, saying how he influenced the Beatles. :(
OMG if you want to watch a hilarious video watch Kieth Richards talk about his time with Chuck Berry, the man was a complete lunatic, in a very funny way. Chuck had the massive influence on the 60's rock scene but all he was doing was prince before prince really all about SEX!!!!. The 60's was definitely all about breaking out a tiny bit onto the other side although it was "get stoned today, so i can get stoned tomorrow, so that yesterday was like today, and we have something to look forward to tomorrow. " We can see it in how we treat psychedelics. Party on dude!!!!. Dumb but true.

4consideration

Premium Member
Been hearing about it on fb. Who was he?
He was a singer and songwriter that is considered to be among (or the) most influential in the development of rock and roll music. He is also well known for his guitar style.

If you've seen the move Back to the Future, this song was featured, and is given a nod as being very influential in later music:

Also, if you've seen Pulp Fiction, it's Chuck Berry's song they are dancing to, You Never Can Tell:

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
OMG if you want to watch a hilarious video watch Kieth Richards talk about his time with Chuck Berry, the man was a complete lunatic, in a very funny way. Chuck had the massive influence on the 60's rock scene but all he was doing was prince before prince really all about SEX!!!!. The 60's was definitely all about breaking out a tiny bit onto the other side although it was "get stoned today, so i can get stoned tomorrow, so that yesterday was like today, and we have something to look forward to tomorrow. " We can see it in how we treat psychedelics. Party on dude!!!!. Dumb but true.
Yes a fantastic man, what about his song ,my ding a ling lol.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Been hearing about it on fb. Who was he?
For his time, he was rather raunchy and racy, and his lyrics also included a bunch of teenaged/high school stuff. However, his legacy is carving out rock 'n roll theatrics, heavy hard playing, and wailing on guitar. The Beatles can bugger off, because it all started with Chuck.

David T

Premium Member
For his time, he was rather raunchy and racy, and his lyrics also included a bunch of teenaged/high school stuff. However, his legacy is carving out rock 'n roll theatrics, heavy hard playing, and wailing on guitar. The Beatles can bugger off, because it all started with Chuck.
You are preaching to the choir amen!!! And as a guitarist myself of only doodling quality i can see he was very responsible for bringing the guitar front and center. Although, historically, mother maybelle Carter was the first to record the guitar as a lead musical instrument!!! I bought an archtop hollow body electric just based on that!! Maybe I should name it my ding a ling!!
CIMG1525.jpg

And Chuck with an es 350 ha!!!
2017-03-20-08-01-43-1171927529.jpg

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Had a great influence on many and just about the time I was starting to get into music. Like Jerry Lee Lewis, will probably also be remembered for some underage attractions - with Lewis's almost costing him his career. I believe he had to flee the UK when his marriage to Myra came out. :oops: Chuck Berry was one of the greats though. :musicalnote: