• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ's return

Popeyesays

Hema said:
Hindus also believe that an avatar of God will return. It was promised by Shri Krishna in the Bhagvad Gita. For Hindus, the last avatar in this age will be called Kalki Avatar. This age is called Kalyug- the dark age; where there is a lot of unrighteousness. Different religions call God by different names but God is one and I do believe that He will return as an Avatar to reinforce righteousness. Yes I do look forward.

This is key belief in the Baha`i Faith as well. God sends His Messengers when He deems it worthy, each of these Messengers may seem to be a different human being, but the Spirit which God sends is always the same.

Regards,
Scott

satans slave

but leaves and fruits on branches (or branch, in your case, of course there is only ONE branch where God's concerned) are ALL completely different things Scott!!!

oops, the Bibles cocked up!!!
best write to the author

Oh, and trees don't have spirits

"I love me, and every single one of me equally"

Stuart

Popeyesays

satans slave said:
but leaves and fruits on branches (or branch, in your case, of course there is only ONE branch where God's concerned) are ALL completely different things Scott!!!

oops, the Bibles cocked up!!!
best write to the author

Oh, and trees don't have spirits

"I love me, and every single one of me equally"

Stuart

I'm so honored you spent your first post on me. I would be honored more if it had been comprehensible, of course, but hey, that's okay.

Scott

Who on RF is waiting for and looking forward to Christ' return. I am most of the time, because for me it is the completeness of my salvation.
There are those Christians that believed Christ is returning. They have waited for around 2000 years, I guess you need to wait another 2000 years before giving up waiting for his return. If jesus was resurrected 3 days after his death, why is there a need for a return. Isn't the idea (second coming) kind a redundant since he has already risen?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Who on RF is waiting for and looking forward to Christ' return. I am most of the time, because for me it is the completeness of my salvation.
I dread the moment.

Some Dead Guy knocking on MY front door.......oh my!

arthra

Baha'i
Talk about reviving an old thread... nine years old? I never posted on this thread but a few of my friends did.. I note popeyesays and Bruce posted in it.. nine years ago. Sadly Popeyesays is no longer with us.

Baha'is believe Christ returned around 1844..that is His Spirit returned and fulfilled the prophecies of His return when the Bab declared His mission on May 23rd 1844.. 1260 AH in the Muslim calendar.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I think that is a Jehova witness concept.

The proper name is spelled Jehovah. You somehow misspelled the proper name.
Jehova(h). The "h" you see.
Kind of like spelling God as Go .
Perhaps you did it with superstitious driven purpose???????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

David1967

Premium Member
The proper name is spelled Jehovah. You somehow misspelled the proper name.
Jehova(h). The "h" you see.
Kind of like spelling God as Go .
Perhaps you did it with superstitious driven purpose???????:rolleyes::rolleyes:
No not on purpose. just missed the s. :D

David1967

Premium Member
Alrighty.
  • And the group is properly spelled Jehovah's Witnesses.
  • They are by far more knowledgeable about the Bible than most religious persons.
I am not a Jehovah's Witness. I do however have a good friend who is an elder with them. We decided a long time ago after many attempts to bring me to his way of thinking to just agree to disagree and speak of other things. And he is not more scripturally knowledgeable than me, just more rooted in his groups interpretation of things. We spent a lot of time in those days sparring with bible verses. Now, I'm just not up to it, though I must admit, I enjoyed it at the time.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I am not a Jehovah's Witness. I do however have a good friend who is an elder with them. We decided a long time ago after many attempts to bring me to his way of thinking to just agree to disagree and speak of other things. And he is not more scripturally knowledgeable than me, just more rooted in his groups interpretation of things. We spent a lot of time in those days sparring with bible verses. Now, I'm just not up to it, though I must admit, I enjoyed it at the time.

Yes, J.W. are deeply indoctrinated in their brand of their interpretations of the Bible.
The go to ministry school every Thursday night. Each and everyone must become
a minister.