• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ's return

kassi

Who on RF is waiting for and looking forward to Christ' return. I am most of the time, because for me it is the completeness of my salvation.

Bishka

Veteran Member
kassi said:
Who on RF is waiting for and looking forward to Christ' return. I am most of the time, because for me it is the completeness of my salvation.

I am.

PHOTOTAKER

kassi said:

i am, but don't even try to figuare out when he is coming no one will ever know... untell the angel sounds his trumpet!!!

Squirt

kassi said:
I am. I had a dream once that I was here when He came. It was incredible!

Scott1

kassi said:
Who on RF is waiting for and looking forward to Christ' return.
I was not aware that he left....
I am most of the time, because for me it is the completeness of my salvation.
My salvation was complete when Christ died on the Cross for me.

Let nothing trouble you / Let nothing frighten you
Everything passes / God never changes
Patience / Obtains all
Whoever has God / Wants for nothing
God alone is enough.

St. Teresa of Jesus

Squirt

Scott1 said:
I was not aware that he left....

My salvation was complete when Christ died on the Cross for me.

Let nothing trouble you / Let nothing frighten you
Everything passes / God never changes
Patience / Obtains all
Whoever has God / Wants for nothing
God alone is enough.

St. Teresa of Jesus
Catholics do believe in His Second Coming, don't they, Scott?

Scott1

The Church always says it better than I can:

Though already present in his Church, Christ's reign is nevertheless yet to be fulfilled "with power and great glory" by the King's return to earth. This reign is still under attack by the evil powers, even though they have been defeated definitively by Christ's Passover. Until everything is subject to him, "until there be realized new heavens and a new earth in which justice dwells, the pilgrim Church, in her sacraments and institutions, which belong to this present age, carries the mark of this world which will pass, and she herself takes her place among the creatures which groan and travail yet and await the revelation of the sons of God." That is why Christians pray, above all in the Eucharist, to hasten Christ's return by saying to him: Marana tha! "Our Lord, come!" (CCC #671)

Todd

Rajun Cajun
PHOTOTAKER said:
i am, but don't even try to figuare out when he is coming no one will ever know... untell the angel sounds his trumpet!!!

Exactly. I'm looking forward to Christ's return, but wont guess on when that will be. Some think it could be this generation, some think next generation. Who knows. Although, when prophesies are fulfilled, we'll know the time is near, but no one will know the exact time.

Booko

Deviled Hen
kassi said:

Some of us are looking backward at it and watching as the promises continue to unfold.

BruceDLimber

Hi!

I, too, agree that the Return of the Christ Spirit has already happened (around a century and a half ago) , and that all the prophecies therefor are either already fulfilled or are in the process of being fulfilled now!

Best,

Bruce

kassi

Todd said:
Exactly. I'm looking forward to Christ's return, but wont guess on when that will be. Some think it could be this generation, some think next generation. Who knows. Although, when prophesies are fulfilled, we'll know the time is near, but no one will know the exact time.
Rightly said, the time is unimportant but it should be a daily expectation. And looking for and hoping for is a big part of the believers salvation " the end of there faith" . Not being caught unaware.

Jesus was the great teacher and although he was God in human form by being the best possible human example from his moral life and work, the position of the Pope is actually the modern position of the great teacher...of the Judaic/Christian tradition.
The Moshiach, as it was talked about in the old testament, in fact was Jesus, the great teacher of the moral law beyond Moses' ten commandments, as the commandments were mostly all common people of the time had brought to them in the remote places they inhabited and as it was basic morality. Jesus probably was crucified by the "jewish leaders" because he wanted/they wanted him to follow the path of Socrates, so greek civilization would accept the story, a man poisoned for corrupting the children of athens with his teachings, an execution planned for some 20 years, in line with the moshiach/messiah story that was probably planned much by jewish clergy even though the heads of state might not have let on that the crucifixion was part of the plan, as possibly evidenced by the testament of judas that surfaced recently.

Corrupting the children of athens; just as many Christians beyond today even, will believe in superstitious things like this, which actually fall into the catagory of something called "magical belief", the origin of what actually is occultism, where we get the word cult, a very dangerous thing. If you are looking for a latterday divine inspired message, look no further than Islam. It sometimes might sound "antisemetic" because the Jews do not accept new teachings, and only serves as a warning because people like this waiting for a new messiah proves that maybe no one should have anything more than the ten commandments, given the nature of human stupidity. mabye this "Islamic anti-Semetism" proves the Quran to be the new great teacher (depiction of Mohammed forbidden) as the "Jewish leaders" were "responsible" for the Crucifixion. As buddhism does not worship its great teacher beyond being an example, and as many buddhist teachings such as compassion were incorporated into his work in an attempt at them combining some day (buddhism must be stressed as being a philosophy of mind and not a "religion" for this to work) and might be parallel to Socrates in being earlier teachers Christ may have been based on, if it wasn't just moses, Hitler lashed out against the obvious failure of Christ's implementation, as evidenced in the very inferior psyche of the German people, whom he hated (and probably were nuked) by inverting the swastika, a sign of original buddhism (it originated in India) and trying to destroy bad paradigms and usher in this new era that idiot Christians are preventing by waiting for anything. :clap

9harmony

I grew up knowing i was living in the time that would witness Christs return. at least that is what i believed from a very young age...but 13 years ago, i realized what that feeling actually was...

it was not that i would witness it firsthand, but that i was living in the age, that would realize that He had already come and gone.

So in answer to the OP, no, i am not waiting any longer, i believe He has already been here.