• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas Dinner

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What did you eat?

Share your feast.

giphy.gif

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Yep, am drinking it neat right now

It's good stuff

Puts hair on your chest
Are you winning the game?

I always ended up being the banker. I always did better when I wasn't the banker.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Are you winning the game?

I always ended up being the banker. I always did better when I wasn't the banker.
I'm out of the game

I landed on someone's property with a hotel on it

It finished me off :(

Monopoly teaches us that life is often harsh and that some profit from the destitution of others

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We were to have tagliatelle with smoked salmon and bechamel sauce.

But my parents showed up last night expecting a Christmas dinner (they know we don't do Christmas but they do, so surely you can cater for your aging parents :-(
So a quick trip to the supermarket and I managed to buy the last lonely turkey breast in the freezer.

So starter, snail soup (that'll teach 'em)
Main, roast turkey (except Sam who had fried tofu), roast and mashed potatoes, mixed carrots (orange, yellow, white and purple, they've only just hit the markets this week) with parsnips cooked in honey. With a thick rich gravy.
Dessert, my rich fruit cake that I've been feeding cognac weekly for the last 2 months with cognac cream
Super strong black coffee and chocolate.
Wines were a Monbazillac Saint Christophe white and a Domme Cuvée Gourmandise rose

libre

Skylark
Socially Distanced Christmas with my roommate. Couldn't go get groceries this week so we ate some Papa Johns and I had some Prosecco and St-Germain with my dinner. Some Baileys and ice for desert.

exchemist

Veteran Member
What did you eat?

Share your feast.

giphy.gif
The usual: champagne to start, turkey and stuffing, roast potatoes, Brussels sprouts cranberry sauce etc. My Christmas pudding to follow, with brandy (Armagnac) cream, then nuts, tangerines Turkish Delights etc to nibble to fill in the cracks. Rather a potent Aussie red, I forget what exactly, as it was my brother's.

Tea and silly games later.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What did you eat?

Share your feast.

giphy.gif
We served a Christmas Brunch.

Home made:

Quiche
Applesauce
biscuits and gravy
Chai Tea
Wassail
Home-made cookies
Breakfast potatoes
Coffee
Cinnamon Rolls
Hot Cocoa.

exchemist

Veteran Member
It was the only alcohol I had. I had rum but no mixer and everywhere was shut. I'd bought a bottle of wine for when Vou comes as that's his favourite, so I broke into that and bought another bottle for us today.
Well I hope we can drink beer on Thursday.

At present I'm unable to book the pub on line. I hope it's because they are shut on Boxing Day and have turned the system off. I'll try again tomorrow. But if no luck we may need to find another venue. I'll let you know.