• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Why is Jesus sad?

Renji

I was able to receive this email from a friend earlier:

Jesus ; Santa .
Santa ; Yes ?
Jesus ; I'm Sad .
Santa ; Why Are You Sad ?
Santa ; It's Christmas Right? It's Your
... ... Birthday !
Jesus ; Yeah. That's The Point .
Santa ; Why ?
Jesus ; Because Whenever It's Christmas
The Kids Only Wait For You And Not Me !
They Only Celebrate Christmas Because
Of You ! Why Santa , Why Not Jesus ?

It made me think actually. I think we should focus more on Jesus and less of Santa every Christmas since this day is dedicated to him.
Any thoughts?

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
I agree, and my wife & have been trying to focus on the 'reason for the season' for many years. It's kinda funny to watch "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown" and realize people have been wondering the same thing since the 1960's.

Today was the busiest mailing day of the year in the US. Our church is across from the the Decatur, GA post office, and I witnessed several incidents of people who have lost sight of Jesus this Christmas season. Jesus would definitely have been sad. I think he would have mailed his cards earlier.:eek:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I agree sir. This is why I keep reminding family its still Advent lol

But my sister and cousins are in a Christian school and they had a wonderful christmas show about Jesus and his birth. It was nice

Me Myself

Back to my username
Jesus= boring rules that force you to stay boring

Santa= preeeeeeeseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus= When you DIE, we´ll get to heaven together! and you´ll get to worship me forever if you are good!

Santa= Preseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeents!

I say it has to do with maturity. To make them see santa as christian or saint that does this because of love for Jesus might help things out. Heaven is good and all, but they are kids.

Make it simple.

and PRESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renji

Jesus= boring rules that force you to stay boring

Santa= preeeeeeeseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus= When you DIE, we´ll get to heaven together! and you´ll get to worship me forever if you are good!

Santa= Preseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeents!

I say it has to do with maturity. To make them see santa as christian or saint that does this because of love for Jesus might help things out. Heaven is good and all, but they are kids.

Make it simple.

and PRESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait a minute, are you a CHRISTIAN? I clearly stated on the title, Christians only..... I'm sorry if you are, but, the way you created your post, you don't sound like one...

Renji

This can be true. HOWEVER, it isn't difficult to tell a child the basics: that there is Christmas because of the birth of Jesus. The rest will follow as the child matures..

I'm not a Christian yet, but this might help:

[youtube]DKk9rv2hUfA[/youtube]
Charlie Brown Christmas - YouTube

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord.

And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the Babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.'

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,

'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men!'
"

-- Luke 2:8-14 (TMB)

Giving glory to God Almighty, Lord Jehovah, making peace towards all, and doing works of good to all people. :)

Showing children the spirit of giving to others, the example of Saint Nicholas the Bishop, and giving gifts to the less fortunate over ourselves and making people happy is also nice.

Me Myself

Back to my username
This can be true. HOWEVER, it isn't difficult to tell a child the basics: that there is Christmas because of the birth of Jesus. The rest will follow as the child matures..

Absolutely!

Actually, what about making the nativity scene together? I guess that can be nice. :)

As a kid I alwayd liked the nativity scenes and to see how they did them in my house. It was cool ^0^

Me Myself

Back to my username
Wait a minute, are you a CHRISTIAN? I clearly stated on the title, Christians only..... I'm sorry if you are, but, the way you created your post, you don't sound like one...

Let´s say I am a weird one. The stating was just a way of putting a child´s perspective. Actually, for me personally as a child, while I loved presents, I was very religious, so I liked both Santa and Jesus in Christmass.

Rathus

That's Mister
Why is Jesus sad? I don't think Jesus is sad. Can "sadness" exist in heaven? Disappointed maybe. I think Jesus is disappointed in us Christians. For allowing man-made traditions to replace the real reason for the season.

Christ said, “But in vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men” (Matt. 15:9). Christmas is not a command of God—it is a tradition of men. Christ continued, “Full well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your own tradition” (Mark 7:9).