• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: What is the mark of the beast?

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
I truely don't know the answer to this question. i have heard so many conflicting theories, and don't know which one is correct? Please pray, and help me understand?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I truely don't know the answer to this question. i have heard so many conflicting theories, and don't know which one is correct? Please pray, and help me understand?

there is the mark of christ

Ezekiel 9:4, Revelation 7:3, Revelation 9:4, Revelation 14:1, Revelation 22:4

and

there is the mark of the anti-christ; which is a cult of personality.

Revelation 9:4, Revelation 13:6, Revelation 14:9

sooda

Veteran Member

A mark of the Roman oppressor.. Caesar's image on Roman coin.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I don't think anybody really knows for certain and thus there are interpretations that run the full gamete. From it representing a Roman ruler, to chips to do business ingrained in human bodies, to representing a host of people that they found out later that they were wrong.

I'm not quite sure either.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

Revelations 13 16-17

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Notice how Revelations 13: 16 it says "IN their foreheads" not "on their foreheads". Well why is that? If it was a mark drawn or burned in it would be on the skin. But this is IN the forehead. As in inside your head.

So therefore the mark of the beast that you receive inside your head is?

I'll give ya a chance to put it together yourself. And i will answer when I wake up 9 hours from this post.

Bonus points: Assuming you solved the riddle. Tell me what the mark is that is IN their right hand as well.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Most theologians that I have read believe it's a reference to Caesar Nero, who's head appeared on the Roman coins used then and who said he'd be resurrected and would return.

metis

... or maybe it's a reference to Trump, as he certainly acts like it is? :p

dingdao

The eternal Tao cannot be told - Tao Te Ching
there is the mark of christ

Ezekiel 9:4, Revelation 7:3, Revelation 9:4, Revelation 14:1, Revelation 22:4

and

there is the mark of the anti-christ; which is a cult of personality.

Revelation 9:4, Revelation 13:6, Revelation 14:9

This is an interesting set of verses.
A prostitute in Rome had to have blond hair and a tattoo on her forehead that read PROSTITUTE.
Now extending this theory to John of Patmos, we get Rev 9:4 as your name and your father's name tattooed across your forehead, Sven Svenson, (sorry, if you exist). This is the old Jewish naming convention. It would then be considered the federal ID (not Roman) of its time. Alternatively, the Romans would have another naming convention.

Apparently, this was to be used instead of signet rings, because everyone accepts cash. The mark in the right hand is the imprint of Ceaser on the coin. @sooda

shmogie

When it is important we will know what it is.

We know that a time is coming when one cannot buy or sell, anything. without it.

Watch closely.

sooda

Veteran Member
A prostitute in Rome had to have blond hair and a tattoo on her forehead that read PROSTITUTE.
Now extending this theory to John of Patmos, we get Rev 9:4 as your name and your father's name tattooed across your forehead, Sven Svenson, (sorry, if you exist). This is the old Jewish naming convention. It would then be considered the federal ID (not Roman) of its time. Alternatively, the Romans would have another naming convention.

Apparently, this was to be used instead of signet rings, because everyone accepts cash. The mark in the right hand is the imprint of Ceaser on the coin. @sooda

Its a safe bet that the burning political issues of the day were the Roman Occupation and the Hellenization of some Jews. References to the love affair between Titus and the granddaughter of Herod was symptomatic of those Jews who were collaborators with the Romans.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

it doesn't anything about a tattoo. the word mark, can mean

a mark can be a memory left upon one's mind. the mark is upon the forehead because of the lasting impression. the mark itself is between the eyes; which is considered in esoteric circles to be the third eye and seat of the soul.

impress | Search Online Etymology Dictionary

MJFlores

I used to have the mark of the Beast.
I used to be under God's wrath.
But it was over now.

The mark of the Beast were mentioned in the Book of Revelation, in six occasions.

Revelation 13:16-18 New International Version (NIV)
It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

images

Before defining the mark of the Beast, you have to know what is the Beast.
The Beast forced people to receive the mark
Where? on the right hand or the forehead

images

The Bible is a book about religion therefore the mark also pertains to religion.

metis

In Hebrew, the letters from "666" indicate "Caesar Nero", but there's a variation of this in the Septuagint that has the number being "616", which in Koine Greek translates out to "Caesar-God", and Nero claimed to be God.

Also, note verse 18 that says "There is a need for shrewdness here, if anyone is clever enough he may interpret the number of the beast: it is a number of a man, the number is 666". Notice the use of the present tense versus a future tense, so the beast must have been known by the end of the 1st century when Revelation was written.

Also, the book of Revelation was more likely written to mean something to the early Church back then rather than some sort of futuristic essay for us thousands of years later. Basically, the gist of Revelation, imo, is "Don't worry about the persecutions, whereas if you keep the faith you will reap the reward of heaven".

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
I don't think anybody really knows for certain and thus there are interpretations that run the full gamete. From it representing a Roman ruler, to chips to do business ingrained in human bodies, to representing a host of people that they found out later that they were wrong.

I'm not quite sure either.
I think I agree with you. I don't think Christians will know, until the antichrist is revealed.

metis

I don't think Christians will know, until the antichrist is revealed.

However:
I John 2[18] Children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come; therefore we know that it is the last hour. [please note the plural]

To me, Nero was the archetype antiChrist for what he did with the genocide of Christians, and also what most theologians that I have read believe is the "666". However, Nero clearly wasn't "the end of the story" as there has been many more who have persecuted the flock, including in this modern period. They can be very deceitful, thus fooling many even within the flock through pandering, thus being wolves in sheep's clothing.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
In Hebrew, the letters from "666" indicate "Caesar Nero", but there's a variation of this in the Septuagint that has the number being "616", which in Koine Greek translates out to "Caesar-God", and Nero claimed to be God.

Also, note verse 18 that says "There is a need for shrewdness here, if anyone is clever enough he may interpret the number of the beast: it is a number of a man, the number is 666". Notice the use of the present tense versus a future tense, so the beast must have been known by the end of the 1st century when Revelation was written.

Also, the book of Revelation was more likely written to mean something to the early Church back then rather than some sort of futuristic essay for us thousands of years later. Basically, the gist of Revelation, imo, is "Don't worry about the persecutions, whereas if you keep the faith you will reap the reward of heaven".

You got it.........