• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Firelight

Inactive member
A lot of incorrect statements here. If you’re going to go that route then it equally applies to Mormon prophets. They’re just “men.”

And who would you trust to get it right? The men who lived close in time to Jesus or those who came almost two thousand years later and created their own religion?

I’m not debating Mormon prophets. I’m defending and debating the right for anyone and everyone who believes Jesus Christ is Savior to call themselves Christians. I find it very absurd and revolting for anyone to think that a believer in and acceptor of Jesus Christ as Savior is not a Christian, let alone harass them about it and try to convince them they are not Christians.

I don’t need to trust either one. There is no need for anyone at anytime to define and explain Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for ALL Christians and ALL Christian churches. All Christians do NOT accept the same explanation of the trinity, they never have. Some Christians don’t even believe in all three persons of the trinity, they only accept and believe in Christ. Do you seek them out and tell them they are not Christian? Or are you very discriminatory about who you say it to?

The defining factor for Christians is their belief in and accepting of Jesus Christ as Savior.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I’m not debating Mormon prophets. I’m defending and debating the right for anyone and everyone who believes Jesus Christ is Savior to call themselves Christians. I find it very absurd and revolting for anyone to think that a believer in and acceptor of Jesus Christ as Savior is not a Christian, let alone harass them about it and try to convince them they are not Christians.

I don’t need to trust either one. There is no need for anyone at anytime to define and explain Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for ALL Christians and ALL Christian churches. All Christians do NOT accept the same explanation of the trinity, they never have. Some Christians don’t even believe in all three persons of the trinity, they only accept and believe in Christ. Do you seek them out and tell them they are not Christian? Or are you very discriminatory about who you say it to?

The defining factor for Christians is their belief in and accepting of Jesus Christ as Savior.
Because it’s not the same Jesus. There’s only so many ways I can say it. You simply don’t accept that the Mormon Jesus bears little resemblance to the Jesus of the Trinity.

Firelight

Inactive member
The difference between a “real” Christian and a pretender.

No it don’t. How one explains Father, Son, and Holy Spirit isn’t what determines a Christian or a pretender. Christ, himself, determines a Christian. If one believes Jesus Christ is Savior, they are a Christian.

It’s very simple to understand, unless one is a disbeliever or a hater who is spreading their own misery and insecurity around.

Watchmen

Premium Member
No it don’t. How one explains Father, Son, and Holy Spirit isn’t what determines a Christian or a pretender. Christ, himself, determines a Christian. If one believes Jesus Christ is Savior, they are a Christian.

It’s very simple to understand, unless one is a disbeliever or a hater who is spreading their own misery and insecurity around.
I’m none of those things you described.
But I can tell the difference between two fundamentally different things.

Firelight

Inactive member
Because it’s not the same Jesus. There’s only so many ways I can say it. You simply don’t accept that the Mormon Jesus bears little resemblance to the Jesus of the Trinity.

I don’t believe in the archaic explanation of the trinity. I have my own explanation that I believe. Are you going to tell me that my Jesus is the wrong one or that I’m not Christian?

Perhaps, the Jesus in that old archaic explanation of the trinity is the wrong one.

But, there is only one Jesus in the New Testament. There is only one Jesus who walked the earth. Only one Jesus that died on the cross. Only one Jesus who rose from the dead. There is only one Jesus who is Savior. One.

The Mormons don’t deny that “their” Jesus is Savior, therefore, they have the correct Jesus.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I don’t believe in the archaic explanation of the trinity. I have my own explanation that I believe. Are you going to tell me that my Jesus is the wrong one or that I’m not Christian?

Perhaps, the Jesus in that old archaic explanation of the trinity is the wrong one.

But, there is only one Jesus in the New Testament. There is only one Jesus who walked the earth. Only one Jesus that died on the cross. Only one Jesus who rose from the dead. There is only one Jesus who is Savior. One.

The Mormons don’t deny that “their” Jesus is Savior, therefore, they have the correct Jesus.
What ever floats your boat, dude. Go ahead and believe a pedophile and adulterer who created his own religion with magic stones almost two thousand years after Christ and ignore those “archaic” beliefs…you know, the beliefs that formed close in time to when Jesus walked the earth (assuming he existed at all).

Firelight

Inactive member
What ever floats your boat, dude. Go ahead and believe a pedophile and adulterer who created his own religion with magic stones almost two thousand years after Christ and ignore those “archaic” beliefs…you know, the beliefs that formed close in time to when Jesus walked the earth (assuming he existed at all).

“Believe a pedophile and adulterer?”

I think I have made it very clear who I believe in, Jesus is Savior.

✌️ Peace out.

All you have done is changed the theology and and labeled it as Christian doesn't mean it is. Christian is not a broad label as some seem to think there are core beliefs that are required.

Jane.Doe

All you have done is changed the theology and and labeled it as Christian doesn't mean it is. Christian is not a broad label as some seem to think there are core beliefs that are required.
“Christian” is about a person having a relationship with Christ. Not their ability to earn salvation by passing a theology test.

I have been through this whole argument with you the theology is very important like it or not its meaningless without it and you can't just label everything as Christian a core belief is required as I said the faithful want to and should preserve the faith if we let it go as some want us to we will lose it. We can never agree it would be against our faith. We don't want a mixture we want the original faith and you can't just make it up its been there for 2000 years and some people want to change it.Others have claimed the Christian label but their beliefs are different and that is our problem we preserve the faith and you should be able to understand that. How would you feel if another group pop up changed the theology of the LDS and then claimed they are the true LDS.

Jane.Doe

I have been through this whole argument with you the theology is very important like it or not its meaningless without it and you can't just label everything as Christian a core belief is required as I said the faithful want to and should preserve the faith if we let it go as some want us to we will lose it. We can never agree it would be against our faith. We don't want a mixture we want the original faith and you can't just make it up its been there for 2000 years and some people want to change it.Others have claimed the Christian label but their beliefs are different and that is our problem we preserve the faith and you should be able to understand that. How would you feel if another group pop up changed the theology of the LDS and then claimed they are the true LDS.
Is somebody believed in fundamentally warped Jesus Christ's teachings, but still acknowledged Jesus Christ as their Lord & Savior: I would acknowledge that relationship and their standing as a Christian. Even why having MAJOR problems with their beliefs. Hence my acknowledgment of 2.65 billion Christians in the world (including yourself), some of which have really good theology and some super warped.

For example: I find that Calvinism through its tulip doctrines is COMPLETLEY warped and totally alters the definition of "love" and God is love. To be very blunt I find their view of God to be the most cruel and wicked being described in any theology. But I still acknowledge such persons as Christian, despite the major parts f their theology I find abhorrent.

I wouldn't I would preserve the faith or it will be lost mixed with the other beliefs. On a technicality you can say Christian. I am not trying to be insulting here but I could write a faith and as long as it has Jesus God the father and the holy spirit in it and Jesus is the savior and the theology radically different you would have to agree its christian on the merits you impose that all that is required is Jesus as the savior and the rest does not matter as long as its close enough.
I don't want to participate in the debate anymore its just going in circles and I will never submit. I want to move on to something else these types of debates can get bad and I want to avoid that. Nobody has to believe anything I say nor is it binding on anyone.The choice is yours.

If the proper theology is behind it I agree 100%. But if its not then it becomes a trick question getting me to betray my faith by agreeing. Don't people want to completely understand their faith I guess not - I do.
If you don't understand your faith how do you know if your being led astray?
Jesus said many would come in my name but to stand fast . I didn't just go to Church I have a very religious upbringing in many faiths so its all important to me and I won't generalize Christianity it has to be clear if your putting you faith in it