• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To specifically point to the problem Jesus is not God - that is very important - he is a God that is equal to God the Father but he is not God the father that is a serious problem for the Christian faith.

You want to know why and I am outright telling you now why I don't think its Christianity - and to add to my above statement Jesus is Gods actually physical born son once again he can't be God the father he has a different body and his mother was one of God's celestial wife's I'm done you know exactly why and you can't change it. I have nothing more to say and will not monitor the thread.

Jane.Doe

You want to know why and I am outright telling you now why I don't think its Christianity
I understand the Catholic Church's stance you believe. You don't need to keep stating what you believe about God or why you think it's a betrayal to your faith to acknowledge my relationship with Christ -- that's already been heard and understood. And no, you're not under attack, and no I'm not trying to pretend to be a Catholic.

Now, do you understand my perspective?

Firelight

Inactive member
All you have done is changed the theology and and labeled it as Christian doesn't mean it is. Christian is not a broad label as some seem to think there are core beliefs that are required.

I don’t know where you live, so maybe you live where there is no freedom of religion. But in the USA and other countries where the government doesn’t rule their religions, there are NO rules, regulations, or theology one must adhere to. No one has ultimate authority over people who call themselves Christian.

I am curious as to who you believe has ultimate authority over ALL Christians in the ENTIRE world that we all need to bow down to the authority of? Who’s authority do you think you are representing when you bash people and tell them they aren’t Christian?

Watchmen

Premium Member
The vast majority of Christian churches don’t accept Mormon baptism even though it’s done in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. What does that tell you?

Firelight

Inactive member
I have been through this whole argument with you the theology is very important like it or not its meaningless without it and you can't just label everything as Christian a core belief is required as I said the faithful want to and should preserve the faith if we let it go as some want us to we will lose it. We can never agree it would be against our faith. We don't want a mixture we want the original faith and you can't just make it up its been there for 2000 years and some people want to change it.Others have claimed the Christian label but their beliefs are different and that is our problem we preserve the faith and you should be able to understand that. How would you feel if another group pop up changed the theology of the LDS and then claimed they are the true LDS.

I guess you’re not aware of how much the Roman emperors changed Christianity when they took it over in the 4th century. If everyone adhered to that faith we would all be Catholics, but we’re not. There are many Christian churches in existence today. Do any of them doubt that they are the true and correct one?

Firelight

Inactive member
The vast majority of Christian churches don’t accept Mormon baptism even though it’s done in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. What does that tell you?

It tells me you think I might care how Christians baptize in their various churches. I don’t.

It also tells me that you think I might be interested in debating various elements of the Mormon religion with you. I’m not.

I’ll refer you to post #569, first paragraph, second sentence. It seems you didn’t catch it the first time.

Watchmen

Premium Member
It tells me you think I might care how Christians baptize in their various churches. I don’t.

It also tells me that you think I might be interested in debating various elements of the Mormon religion with you. I’m not.

I’ll refer you to post #569, first paragraph, second sentence. It seems you didn’t catch it the first time.
Well this is a debate forum. If you don’t want to debate maybe you shouldn’t post in this thread. Your post also tells me you don’t have a rebuttal to the point I made.

Firelight

Inactive member
Well this is a debate forum. If you don’t want to debate maybe you shouldn’t post in this thread. Your post also tells me you don’t have a rebuttal to the point I made.

I misspoke when I used the word “debating” in my last post.

A debate forum? Slandering, bullying, antagonizing, harassing, degrading, attacking, insulting, etc. isn’t debating.

I never wanted to post on this thread. But when I explored it, I was disappointed to find that once again, it was about slandering another religion and found a Christian being bullied for her religion. I stepped in to help defend a Christian against a bully.

I should of stated right from the begin - In the LDS faith Jesus is not God he is a God - it you don't agree with this go to your bible open it up and rip the Gospel of John right out of the bible. John does not mess around he gets right to the point from the very first line of his Gospel what is his message - Jesus is God

Mary does not exist in the LDS faith Jesus mother is another unnamed celestial God - you can now rip all three of the other gospels from the bible who all mention Mary and you are calling all the prophets that mention a virgin birth false prophets - so now rip the old testament out of the bible - as a matter of fact in the LDS faith the bible is riddled with error from beginning to end.

The Christ of the LDS Church is not my Christ if you want to acknowledge him as Christ that is up to you.

Call me what ever you want.

Brinne

As others have said, I'm skeptical of it. I also don't think it makes any meaningful additions to the Christian faith for it to be taken seriously. It's also important to consider the timeframe in which Mormonism evolved; during which there was a handful of Christian off-shoot traditions based around prophetic / oracle-esque figures seeking to make their own Christian subsect.

That being said every Mormon I've met has been nothing but kind, so really who am I to judge.

Jane.Doe

I should of stated right from the begin - In the LDS faith Jesus is not God he is a God - it you don't agree with this go to your bible open it up and rip the Gospel of John right out of the bible. John does not mess around he gets right to the point from the very first line of his Gospel what is his message - Jesus is God

Mary does not exist in the LDS faith Jesus mother is another unnamed celestial God - you can now rip all three of the other gospels from the bible who all mention Mary and you are calling all the prophets that mention a virgin birth false prophets - so now rip the old testament out of the bible - as a matter of fact in the LDS faith the bible is riddled with error from beginning to end.

The Christ of the LDS Church is not my Christ if you want to acknowledge him as Christ that is up to you.

Call me what ever you want.

You’ve stated your view many times. You’ve also stated what you think LDS Christians believe and why you think that’s wrong.

Now, have you taken the time to understand another person’s view? Just to understand what they are saying. Not agree, just understand.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I misspoke when I used the word “debating” in my last post.

A debate forum? Slandering, bullying, antagonizing, harassing, degrading, attacking, insulting, etc. isn’t debating.

I never wanted to post on this thread. But when I explored it, I was disappointed to find that once again, it was about slandering another religion and found a Christian being bullied for her religion. I stepped in to help defend a Christian against a bully.
I never slandered, antagonized, bullied, degraded, or attacked anyone. What are you talking about? Give me a specific post number where I did any such thing.

All I’ve done here is repeatedly state that Mormon views of Christ are vastly different from those of traditional Christianity. So much so that one can argue they are not “Christian.”

Watchmen

Premium Member
You’ve stated your view many times. You’ve also stated what you think LDS Christians believe and why you think that’s wrong.

Now, have you taken the time to understand another person’s view? Just to understand what they are saying. Not agree, just understand.
Oh, we understand just fine. Mormons believe they have a relationship with Christ, but the Christ they believe in is fundamentally different than that of the Trinity. So much so, that Christians don’t accept Mormons as Christian.

Firelight

Inactive member
That’s none of the things you accused me of. Lol

I didn’t accuse you of anything. I don’t know what happens during your process of interpretation and understanding that produces your responses. I do hope you will come to know truth and honesty in all things. Good day!

Watchmen

Premium Member
I didn’t accuse you of anything. I don’t know what happens during your process of interpretation and understanding that produces your responses. I do hope you will come to know truth and honesty in all things. Good day!
Post 614 and 620 say otherwise. So you might want to look in the mirror first before suggesting others need to find truth and honesty.