• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

InChrist

Free4ever
What do you know about Masonic ritual, and how did you come by that knowledge?
Why do you ask?

Anyway, one can do research on the subject and learn about the organizations, different degrees, levels, rituals, and symbolism even on Wikipedia and elsewhere. I read a book years ago called, “Mormonism’s Temple of Doom” by William J Schnoebelen, who was involved in Wicca, the Masonic Lodge and Mormonism which pointed out the similarities between these organizations.
I do not have personal experience with Freemasonry or Wicca, but I have been through the Mormon temple.

Mormonism and Freemasonry - Wikipedia

Alea iacta est

Pretend that I wrote something cool.
The archeological part is interesting. But is there any country in the Americas where there have been a proper archeological excavation yet? Europe and Middle East are the only places with excavations basically all over (yes I know I'm exaggerating now) as far as I know. It's fully possible a small group of people left Middle East to go to America. There is another people mentioned in the Book of Mormon that went to America after the fall of the Tower of Babylon. It's not mentioned which way they took. They may have taken the route East Asia to Northwest of America (Alaska) etc.

Besides, there are historical discussions if whether Ancient Egypt had connections to Mesoamerica. They have some things in common such as the pyramids etc. There were some native Indians in the Americas that had a prophecy about when men (gods) returning to them. It's possible it came from the Lehi family. It's also possible it came from Vikings visiting far south than earlier thought.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Why do you ask?

Anyway, one can do research on the subject and learn about the organizations, different degrees, levels, rituals, and symbolism even on Wikipedia and elsewhere. I read a book years ago called, “Mormonism’s Temple of Doom” by William J Schnoebelen, who was involved in Wicca, the Masonic Lodge and Mormonism which pointed out the similarities between these organizations.
I do not have personal experience with Freemasonry or Wicca, but I have been through the Mormon temple.

Mormonism and Freemasonry - Wikipedia
Reading a book, looking at the internet, and touring a temple don’t give one inside knowledge of what the mysteries of Freemasonry entail. Please don’t knock it before you’ve tried it.

InChrist

Free4ever
Reading a book, looking at the internet, and touring a temple don’t give one inside knowledge of what the mysteries of Freemasonry entail. Please don’t knock it before you’ve tried it.
When you’ve been delivered from the power of darkness into the kingdom of the Son ( Colossians 1:13) and walk in His light and Word, then the idea of “ mysteries or esoteric knowledge “ of secret societies or organizations becomes repulsive because it is an affront to the one Creator God.
Just my thoughts.

BTW, I did not just tour a Mormon temple. I was a Mormon with a temple pass, went through the endowment ceremony and celestial marriage. I was taken aback by the occultism and darkness in there. It felt like everything within me was screaming “this is evil”.

Last edited:

sojourner

When you’ve been delivered from the power of darkness into the kingdom of the Son ( Colossians 1:13) and walk in His light and Word, then the idea of “ mysteries or esoteric knowledge “ of secret societies or organizations becomes repulsive because it is an affront to the one Creator God.
Just my thoughts.

BTW, I did not just tour a Mormon temple. I was a Mormon with a temple pass, went through the endowment ceremony and celestial marriage. I was taken aback by the occultism and darkness in there. It felt like everything within me was screaming “this is evil”.
Have you ever been initiated into Freemasonry?

Watchmen

Premium Member
The archeological part is interesting. But is there any country in the Americas where there have been a proper archeological excavation yet? Europe and Middle East are the only places with excavations basically all over (yes I know I'm exaggerating now) as far as I know. It's fully possible a small group of people left Middle East to go to America. There is another people mentioned in the Book of Mormon that went to America after the fall of the Tower of Babylon. It's not mentioned which way they took. They may have taken the route East Asia to Northwest of America (Alaska) etc.

Besides, there are historical discussions if whether Ancient Egypt had connections to Mesoamerica. They have some things in common such as the pyramids etc. There were some native Indians in the Americas that had a prophecy about when men (gods) returning to them. It's possible it came from the Lehi family. It's also possible it came from Vikings visiting far south than earlier thought.
The archeological part is not interesting at all. There isn’t a shred of archeological evidence supporting the Book of Mormon — just Mormon apologists straining to make connections where none exist.

Watchmen

Premium Member
For me a strong witness to the fact of Jesus visiting the Ancient Americas is the Indians themselves, wether it be the aztecs, the maya, the Incas, etc.
They all speak of a White bearded God visiting their ancesters, whom healed their sicked, performed many miracles amongst them, taught them to love one another, they say this white Bearded God was killed by his own people across the great waters, but such was his power he arose from the dead, they also say he had marks in his hands and when he left them he promised to return unto them in the last days....
Lies

Alea iacta est

Pretend that I wrote something cool.
The archeological part is not interesting at all. There isn’t a shred of archeological evidence supporting the Book of Mormon — just Mormon apologists straining to make connections where none exist.

I have never studied archeology based on the Book of Mormon. I have studied some archeology but it was focused on Scandinavian archeology. One problem is there are so few excavations in the Americas at all. It's unlikely to find anything if someone isn't looking. This is a possible evidence for the Book of Mormon. I read this article almost a decade ago and the article was completely different then. I hope there can be more research about this whether this is real or a fake.

Los Lunas Decalogue Stone - Wikipedia

InChrist

Free4ever
Have you ever been initiated into Freemasonry?
No. Since I am a woman is this as shown and discussed in the linked article accurate?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41804543

I
think the whole concept of being “initiated” into any group, club, secret society, or so-called church or anything apart from Jesus Christ alone (who does not require any such initiation) is against God, His will and His Word.

On another note...
Merry Christmas.

sojourner

No. Since I am a woman is this as shown and discussed in the linked article accurate?

The secret ceremonies and rituals of female Freemasons

I
think the whole concept of being “initiated” into any group, club, secret society, or so-called church or anything apart from Jesus Christ alone (who does not require any such initiation) is against God, His will and His Word.

On another note...
Merry Christmas.
What you think is immaterial. What is, is what’s important.
On another note: Merry Christmas to you!

Watchmen

Premium Member
I believe the indian peoples of the americas
I have no idea what that means. Actually Indians are from a place called India.

As for the native nations in the Americas, they are not descended from the fictional characters of Nephi, Laman, and Lemuel.

mac

Theres so many accounts of the Incas,Maya, Aztec and other Indian peoples of the americas of a white people dwelling in ancient america, that they worshipped a white bearded God, born of a Virgin, that was slain by his own people across the great ocean to the east, that he arose from the dead and visited the ancient american indians....
You call the Indians of the Americas liars not me...........
I believe their testimonies...............

InChrist

Free4ever
You know not whereof you speak.
Okay, if I know not, then I’ll let one who does know speak: a former Mason...

“Freemasonry is not a Christian organization, nor is it an organization primarily composed of Christians. There are Hindus, Buddhists, Moslems, and even Witches who are Masons. While many Masons claim to be Christians, we question, "How can they be in fellowship with Jesus Christ if they continue to walk in darkness?" If a man is a Christian, the Holy Spirit in-dwells him. Some of us were Christians before we joined the Lodge. We can testify that the Holy Spirit was not silent as we went into the lodge. There were many aspects of Masonic ritual which grieved the Spirit. Those of us who listened left the lodge rather quickly. Some never went back, after being initiated. Others of us ignored the Holy Spirit and quenched it. Later, our eyes were opened by someone whom God had sent to witness to us. In some cases, it was a Godly wife who caused us to question Masonic teachings. At that time, the Holy Spirit confirmed the testimony of the one God had ordained to lead us to repentance. Others of us were led to Christ while we were Masons. As a result or our new 20/20 vision, we were able to see that Freemasonry is incompatible with Christianity. We left the lodge in order to follow Jesus. Are there Christians in the Lodge? Yes, temporarily.”

Are Masons Christians?

sojourner

Okay, if I know not, then I’ll let one who does know speak: a former Mason...

“Freemasonry is not a Christian organization, nor is it an organization primarily composed of Christians. There are Hindus, Buddhists, Moslems, and even Witches who are Masons. While many Masons claim to be Christians, we question, "How can they be in fellowship with Jesus Christ if they continue to walk in darkness?" If a man is a Christian, the Holy Spirit in-dwells him. Some of us were Christians before we joined the Lodge. We can testify that the Holy Spirit was not silent as we went into the lodge. There were many aspects of Masonic ritual which grieved the Spirit. Those of us who listened left the lodge rather quickly. Some never went back, after being initiated. Others of us ignored the Holy Spirit and quenched it. Later, our eyes were opened by someone whom God had sent to witness to us. In some cases, it was a Godly wife who caused us to question Masonic teachings. At that time, the Holy Spirit confirmed the testimony of the one God had ordained to lead us to repentance. Others of us were led to Christ while we were Masons. As a result or our new 20/20 vision, we were able to see that Freemasonry is incompatible with Christianity. We left the lodge in order to follow Jesus. Are there Christians in the Lodge? Yes, temporarily.”

Are Masons Christians?
Let me repeat: you know not whereof you speak. In fact, freemasonry does not advertise itself to be a religion, or a particularly Christian organization. The people who wrote the article you cite seem to understand neither freemasonry, nor the spiritual tenets of the Christian faith. Reads to me more like some wives were upset about “guys night out” and misused religion to keep them home. Wives would not know enough about Masonic teachings to adequately question them, unless some members reneged on their oaths and told them. At any rate, there is nothing in freemasonry that is incompatible with the Faith. Most Masons in the USA are fine, upstanding Christian men, active in their congregations.

InChrist

Free4ever
Let me repeat: you know not whereof you speak. In fact, freemasonry does not advertise itself to be a religion, or a particularly Christian organization. The people who wrote the article you cite seem to understand neither freemasonry, nor the spiritual tenets of the Christian faith. Reads to me more like some wives were upset about “guys night out” and misused religion to keep them home. Wives would not know enough about Masonic teachings to adequately question them, unless some members reneged on their oaths and told them. At any rate, there is nothing in freemasonry that is incompatible with the Faith. Most Masons in the USA are fine, upstanding Christian men, active in their congregations.
I think I have enough of an understanding of the Gospel and Freemasonry to realize the two are incompatible. If you don’t think my understanding is adequate, that is your prerogative. It is the job of the Holy Spirit alone to convict someone if they are involved with something contrary to the will of the One Creator God and His Word, not mine. I’m just sharing my perspective because I believe the subject to be one of importance and with eternal ramifications.

Freemasonry and the Christian Church – Are Masons Christian?