• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Okay, if I know not, then I’ll let one who does know speak: a former Mason...

“Freemasonry is not a Christian organization, nor is it an organization primarily composed of Christians. There are Hindus, Buddhists, Moslems, and even Witches who are Masons. While many Masons claim to be Christians, we question, "How can they be in fellowship with Jesus Christ if they continue to walk in darkness?" If a man is a Christian, the Holy Spirit in-dwells him. Some of us were Christians before we joined the Lodge. We can testify that the Holy Spirit was not silent as we went into the lodge. There were many aspects of Masonic ritual which grieved the Spirit. Those of us who listened left the lodge rather quickly. Some never went back, after being initiated. Others of us ignored the Holy Spirit and quenched it. Later, our eyes were opened by someone whom God had sent to witness to us. In some cases, it was a Godly wife who caused us to question Masonic teachings. At that time, the Holy Spirit confirmed the testimony of the one God had ordained to lead us to repentance. Others of us were led to Christ while we were Masons. As a result or our new 20/20 vision, we were able to see that Freemasonry is incompatible with Christianity. We left the lodge in order to follow Jesus. Are there Christians in the Lodge? Yes, temporarily.”

Are Masons Christians?
LOL! There is nothing wrong with associating with people outside of your faith. By the way, no one claimed that the Masons were a Christian organization. And it is far better to be part of them than to be one of the cultic Christians. Please note, this person had no real objections, besides the fact that the Masons were not a prejudiced group. It sounds like the poor fellow was either a Jehovah's Witness or perhaps a Mormon.

InChrist

Free4ever
LOL! There is nothing wrong with associating with people outside of your faith. By the way, no one claimed that the Masons were a Christian organization. And it is far better to be part of them than to be one of the cultic Christians. Please note, this person had no real objections, besides the fact that the Masons were not a prejudiced group. It sounds like the poor fellow was either a Jehovah's Witness or perhaps a Mormon.
Of course there’s nothing wrong with associating with others outside the faith. It’s participating in rituals which have spiritual meaning and/or implications with others outside the biblical faith wherein the problem arises.
You can read the following linked article on the subject for further detail and clarification, if you like...

Freemasonry and the Christian Church – Are Masons Christian?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of course there’s nothing wrong with associating with others outside the faith. It’s participating in rituals which have spiritual meaning and/or implications with others outside the biblical faith wherein the problem arises.
You can read the following linked article on the subject for further detail and clarification, if you like...

Can you find a valid source that supports you?

InChrist

Free4ever

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I did include a valid source. Whether you like it or consider it valid or not is merely a matter of your own opinion. The article I linked explains the differences between the biblical teachings on subjects of God, salvation, sin, human nature, etc. and those of the Freemasonry, as does the following one below.

What is Free Masonry and what do Free Masons believe? | GotQuestions.org
No, your source appears to be highly biased and perhaps more than a little superstitious.

Avoid religious sites, they cannot be trusted in these matters.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

sojourner

There is no one within Freemasonry who disagrees with any other Freemason on the spiritual matters presented. In fact, it is a Masonic offense to talk about religion when gathered.

sojourner

I did include a valid source. Whether you like it or consider it valid or not is merely a matter of your own opinion. The article I linked explains the differences between the biblical teachings on subjects of God, salvation, sin, human nature, etc. and those of the Freemasonry, as does the following one below.

What is Free Masonry and what do Free Masons believe? | GotQuestions.org
The article is patently wrong in its presentation of the Freemason’s various oaths.

cataway

i seem to recall something being said about bringing horses with them when they came to the Americas. is that true?

InChrist

Free4ever
Then you really don’t know enough about Masonic tenets to make that judgment call.
Why not?
Do I have to join the KKK to know they are an evil organization? Must I become a heroin addict to learn its not the healthiest lifestyle?
Why isn’t becoming educated on the subject or learning from the experiences of others who were involved sufficient?

sojourner

Why not?
Do I have to join the KKK to know they are an evil organization? Must I become a heroin addict to learn its not the healthiest lifestyle?
Why isn’t becoming educated on the subject or learning from the experiences of others who were involved sufficient?
Because Masons don’t present themselves in public as “anti-Christian.” Because in order to come to a knowledge of the oaths, rituals, and tenets, one has to go through the initiations and lectures, since such things are held in secret. Freemasons are precluded from divulging such information. Therefore, the veracity of any information that becomes public is highly suspect. Because the experiences of others are highly biased.

Yes. In order to really know enough information to make such a judgment, one has to be a Mason. Why? Because Masonry is a highly personal experience that cannot be adequately transmitted. Candidates are made aware of the tenets and obligations before undergoing initiation. Any objectors are turned away before learning anything crucial about the fraternity. And one who has taken the obligations would never divulge anything. Those who do aren’t to be trusted. They lied about their promises; how do you know they’re not lying about what they tell? Their judgment is biased by definition.

I do know that the “Got Questions” information is utterly wrong where Freemasonry is concerned.”

Last edited:

sojourner

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I've not read the bible once and thought ,hey you know what this needs , it needs a completely different narrative adding onto what's already written . Its just another religion that latches onto christianity.
The problem is that one can always attach another tale to a book of myths. That is all that was done.