• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians Only; How are We Saved?

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
How do I REALLY REALLY REALLY know that I am saved, like for real

Please use scriptures I'm tired of feel good theology I want some Biblically honest comfort

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." Matthew 7:21

To play devil advocate

But those who believe will do the will of God. I stick by John 3:16. And I think we over complicate things, personally.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I don't know if this is what you're looking for but it is one of my favorite verses that gives me comfort.

Matthew 6:34

Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. - NKJV

InChrist

Free4ever

Please use scriptures I'm tired of feel good theology I want some Biblically honest comfort

Believe God's Word. If you have trusted in the death of Jesus Christ on the cross to pay for your sins and believe He rose again victorious over death then according to the scriptures you are a new creation in Christ and have eternal life. Just take God at His word and believe His promise.

He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:12-13

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

the truth is none of us know if we are saved until we have actually been saved.

:)

Zephaniah 2:3 seek Jehovah, all YOU meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably YOU may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger.

Jonah 3:9 Who is there knowing whether the [true] God may turn back and actually feel regret and turn back from his burning anger, so that we may not perish?

the onus is on us...if we are doing all that we possibly can, and if we are faithful and live by Gods righteousness to the best of our ability, then God will be faithful to us... but if we are slackers and we only half heartedly do what God wants of us, he will know...we cannot hide our motives from him. So this is why salvation is not an absolute until AFTER you have been saved.

Remember Jesus words:
Luke 13:23 Now a certain man said to him: “Lord, are those who are being saved few?” He said to them: 24 “Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell YOU, will seek to get in but will not be able

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
the truth is none of us know if we are saved until we have actually been saved.

:)

This idea directly contradicts scripture;

He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:12-13

Zephaniah 2:3 seek Jehovah, all YOU meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably YOU may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger.
This passage is worded differently in accepted Christian Bibles than in the Watchtower's translation and when read in context is specifically referring to being spared in the day of God's wrath on the earth, not salvation.

Seek the LORD, all you meek of the earth,
Who have upheld His justice.
Seek righteousness, seek humility.
It may be that you will be hidden
In the day of the LORD’s anger.

Jonah 3:9 Who is there knowing whether the [true] God may turn back and actually feel regret and turn back from his burning anger, so that we may not perish?
This passage is specifically in reference to the people of Nineveh and the king's hope that if they repented God would not bring destruction upon them, which He didn't because they did repent. It is not about salvation.

So the people of Nineveh believed God, proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest to the least of them. Then word came to the king of Nineveh; and he arose from his throne and laid aside his robe, covered himself with sackcloth and sat in ashes. And he caused it to be proclaimed and published throughout Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying,
Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything; do not let them eat, or drink water. But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily to God; yes, let every one turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands. Who can tell if God will turn and relent, and turn away from His fierce anger, so that we may not perish? Then God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God relented from the disaster that He had said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it.Jonah 3;5-10

the onus is on us...if we are doing all that we possibly can, and if we are faithful and live by Gods righteousness to the best of our ability, then God will be faithful to us... but if we are slackers and we only half heartedly do what God wants of us, he will know...we cannot hide our motives from him. So this is why salvation is not an absolute until AFTER you have been saved.

Remember Jesus words:
Luke 13:23 Now a certain man said to him: “Lord, are those who are being saved few?” He said to them: 24 “Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell YOU, will seek to get in but will not be able
[/quote]

And He went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?”
And He said to them, “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. Luke 13:23-24

Jesus is the narrow gate because He and He alone is the Savior. This is the gospel and the good news of the scriptures which I don't believe Jehovah's Witnesses understand. Most people attempt to be their own savior in rebellion to God's way.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Please notice Jesus recorded words at Matthew [24v13]
because one must endure obstacles 'to the end' in order to be 'saved' .
Does not mention being saved before the end.

That would mean enduring in faithfulness either to the end of our life,
or enduring in faithfulness until the end comes of all badness on earth.
-Matthew 24v14; Isaiah 11vs3,4

Paul mentions a sort of 'spiritual olympics' at 1st Cor. 9 vs24-27.
Endurance is needed in order to win by finishing the race.
At Hebrews [12vs1-3] Paul mentions that Jesus endured.
Jesus centered his life on God's promises. [Heb 11v6]

One promise is found at Matthew [25vs31-34] that the humble sheep-like people alive on earth at the time of Jesus separating the nations,
is that those sheep-like ones can 'be saved',
'saved alive' and go on living right into the start of Jesus messianic 1000-year reign over earth when Jesus ushers in Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill.
They are the 'saved alive' ones of Revelation 7v14; Matthew 24vs21,22.

John [17v3] sort of gives a definition about eternal life. There John writes that we must know [have knowledge, truthful knowledge] of the only true God, and Jesus Christ, who God sent. Also who God resurrected. -Acts 2vs31,32.

So, taking in accurate knowledge of the true God and whom he sent forth, Jesus, and obeying what Jesus taught will lead to our salvation.
Either with ruling with Christ in the heavens. [Rev 5vs9,10; 14v4; 20v6],
or gaining everlasting life on a paradisaic earth under Jesus millennial reign over earth as the prophet Daniel looked forward.- Daniel 12 vs2,13.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
This idea directly contradicts scripture;

What do you think it means to 'believe'... what is involved in believing?

This passage is worded differently in accepted Christian Bibles than in the Watchtower's translation and when read in context is specifically referring to being spared in the day of God's wrath on the earth, not salvation.

Seek the LORD, all you meek of the earth,
Who have upheld His justice.
Seek righteousness, seek humility.
It may be that you will be hidden
In the day of the LORD’s anger.

the earth is involved in Gods salvation according to the following scriptures:
Matthew 5:5 “Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.
Psalsm 37:11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace

Psalm 72: 8 And he will have subjects from sea to sea
And from the River to the ends of the earth.
9 Before him the inhabitants of waterless regions will bow down,
And his very enemies will lick the dust itself

This passage is specifically in reference to the people of Nineveh and the king's hope that if they repented God would not bring destruction upon them, which He didn't because they did repent. It is not about salvation.

To the inhabitants of Ninevah, it certainly was about salvation. They were saved from destruction at that time. And Jesus used the example of Nineveh when speaking about Gods judgement and salvation...
Luke 11:32 The men of Nin′e‧veh will rise in the judgment with this generation and will condemn it; because they repented at what Jo′nah preached

Jesus is speaking here about the resurrection during the judgement day. The city of ninevah is an example for us to learn that repentance is necessary for salvation. The people of Ninevah believed in Jonahs preaching...but they didnt only believe, they also repented and sought forgiveness and that is why they were saved.

And He went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?”
And He said to them, “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. Luke 13:23-24

Jesus is the narrow gate because He and He alone is the Savior. This is the gospel and the good news of the scriptures which I don't believe Jehovah's Witnesses understand. Most people attempt to be their own savior in rebellion to God's way.

but there is more to it then simple belief... we teach what one needs to 'do' in order to be saved. Remember, the demons also believe in Jesus James 2:19 You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
John 3:16

John [3v16] is a good choice.
I think that verse has even been called: The Bible in Miniature.
Doesn't a person show their believing by their actions and behavior ?

Those that are Not 'saved' will perish or be destroyed.
Psalm 92v7; 2nd Peter 3v9 B.

Except for those of Matthew 12v32 and Hebrews 6vs4-6, all the rest will have a resurrection. -[Matthew 20v28]- Resurrection to either heaven,
or on earth during Jesus messianic 1000-year reign over earth.

John [3v13] all those that lived between Genesis and Malachi and died before Jesus died will have an earthly resurrection to be part of God's promise to Abraham that all families of the earth will be blessed and all nations of the earth will be blessed. -Genesis 22v18; Rev 22v2; Acts 2v34.

Those that died after Jesus died will either reign with Christ in the heavens for a thousand years over earth [Rev 5vs9,10;14v4; 20v6],
or can be earthly subjects of God's kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus.
-Psalm 72v8.

We are in a unique position today because if we are alive at the time Jesus separates the nations [Matt 25vs31,32], and are separated to Jesus right hand of favor, we can continue to remain alive and keep on living right into the start of Jesus millennial reign over earth when Jesus ushers in global Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill.

Proverbs 2 vs21,22; 10v30; 21v18; Psalm 37 vs11,29,38-40

InChrist

Free4ever
What do you think it means to 'believe'... what is involved in believing?

the earth is involved in Gods salvation according to the following scriptures:
Matthew 5:5 “Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.
Psalsm 37:11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace

Psalm 72: 8 And he will have subjects from sea to sea
And from the River to the ends of the earth.
9 Before him the inhabitants of waterless regions will bow down,
And his very enemies will lick the dust itself

To the inhabitants of Ninevah, it certainly was about salvation. They were saved from destruction at that time. And Jesus used the example of Nineveh when speaking about Gods judgement and salvation...
Luke 11:32 The men of Nin′e‧veh will rise in the judgment with this generation and will condemn it; because they repented at what Jo′nah preached

Jesus is speaking here about the resurrection during the judgement day. The city of ninevah is an example for us to learn that repentance is necessary for salvation. The people of Ninevah believed in Jonahs preaching...but they didnt only believe, they also repented and sought forgiveness and that is why they were saved.

but there is more to it then simple belief... we teach what one needs to 'do' in order to be saved. Remember, the demons also believe in Jesus James 2:19 You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder

Belief, according to the scriptures is complete trust and reliance upon the finished work of Jesus Christ for salvation; His death for our sins and His resurrection and victory over sin and death. This of course involves acknowledging one’s sins in repentance, seeking forgiveness, and living a new life in Christ. This new life is one which pleases and serves God, it is belief lived out, but it is the result of salvation not a life lived in order to earn salvation. Neither is it the Watchtower or any other religious organization that God has designated to tell anyone what to do, Christ and the scriptures are sufficient.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Eph. 2:10

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. Romans 6:1-4

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Tim. 3:16-17

Bob Dixon

>implying
Two rules, supported by both the Hebrew Bible and the words of the Christ. Nothing post-Jesus, nothing doubtful, nothing outside of the realm of what makes sense in Christianity.

1. Love God
2. Love your neighbour

That's it. That's how you're saved, how you attain liberation.
Those things, to do them truly and properly, are extremely difficult so... good luck.

idea

Question Everything
Faith
By grace are ye saved through faith, Eph. 2:8

Repentance
Luke 3:8 - 9 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance... every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good bfruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire

Baptism (Matt. 3:13–17) - by water (immersion), and by the Spirit (laying on of hands to receive the Holy Ghost)
John 3:5 Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God,
more info/scriptures on baptism (by immersion, by the proper authority, baptism by water and by the laying on of hands to receive the holy Ghost etc. etc. - Baptism

endure to the end
He that endureth to the end shall be saved, Matt. 10:22 (Mark 13:13).

it's a life-long process...

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Belief, according to the scriptures is complete trust and reliance upon the finished work of Jesus Christ for salvation; His death for our sins and His resurrection and victory over sin and death. This of course involves acknowledging one’s sins in repentance, seeking forgiveness, and living a new life in Christ. This new life is one which pleases and serves God, it is belief lived out,
that is exactly right and its why we should never assume that we are saved right now because at any time we can stop walking in Christ and leave God and loose Gods favor

so salvation is not got until it is gotten.

paul described it as a runner in a race... no one wins the race until they've crossed the finish line...only then can they say they have won and they only win if they have run the race according to the rules:
2Tim 2:5 Moreover, if anyone contends even in the games, he is not crowned unless he has contended according to the rules

1Cor 9:24 Do YOU not know that the runners in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that YOU may attain it