1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Christianity: Is "Holy Spirit" with Catholicism or Protestantism or with no Christian-denomination?

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by paarsurrey, Aug 15, 2019.

1. paarsurrey

paarsurrey Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,778
    Christianity: Is "Holy Spirit" with Catholicism or Protestantism or with no Christian-denomination, please?

Regards

#1 paarsurrey, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  2. Desert Snake

Desert Snake ️️️️️️️️️️

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I believe the H Spirit to be a Spirit, [not a separate person, and an aspect of God,
    Who is called God of gods, Jehovah, Jesus, Jah, and other names

3. Nakosis

Nakosis crystal soldier
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,916
    Religion:
    Atheist Libertarian
    The Holy Spirit is pretty fundamental to Christianity. It's mentioned 10 times in the Bible. Part of the trinity per catholicism. Maybe some branches of Christianity don't believe in a Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the gift from God promised.

Peter said to them, “Each one of you must turn away from your sins and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, so that your sins will be forgiven; and you will receive God’s gift, the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38)

4. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,370
    Religion:
    I finally figured out what direction I should go, when I studied the revelations of the Baha'i faith
    I don't think it's with any of them. It's just another manifestation of God, probably a powerful one that flows through us like energy. Just my current theory.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Terry Sampson

Terry Sampson ζει

Ratings:
    +888
    Religion:
    Creedalist Xian
    The Holy Spirit is one of the three Persons of God in Catholicism and in Protestantism. Any Catholic or Protestant who denies the Holy Spirit is a heretic and has neither tradition or scriptural authority for the denial.

6. Terry Sampson

Terry Sampson ζει

Ratings:
    +888
    Religion:
    Creedalist Xian
    That's a very Jehovah's Witness kind of opinion. JWs, by the way, are neither Catholic nor Protestant.

7. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,370
    Religion:
    I finally figured out what direction I should go, when I studied the revelations of the Baha'i faith
    Really? I was trying to attempt to look at things from a little bit more of perhaps a Baha'i and panentheist angle.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Road Less Traveled

Road Less Traveled Active Member

Ratings:
    +109
    Holy Spirit to me means ‘wholly spirited.’ A spirit/nature of being whole or wholesome. The attributes are fairly common sense. And if one were wholesome, they can easily discern someone who is wholesome as well as someone who is not wholesome in nature.
    Or can discern what’s wholesome in someone and what’s not wholesome from that same someone. Varying degrees.

This can apply to any human being. Whether it comes upon them externally or arises from being innate within someone.

9. susanblange

susanblange Active Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Religion:
    Jewish/New Age
    I received the Holy Spirit at dusk on August 22, 1983 while I was being baptized on the rocks in the Elizabeth River. There was a cruise boat called the "New Spirit" and they shined a spotlight on me.

10. paarsurrey

Ratings:
    +1,778
    Did Jesus define "Holy Spirit", please? If yes, please quote from him.

Regards

• Like Like x 1
  11. KenS

KenS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,121
    Religion:
    Judeo/Christian
    The Holy Spirit lives within each Christ believer no matter what title they put over their church. And the Holy Spirit is all over the world reaching people.

12. paarsurrey

Ratings:
    +1,778
    "Maybe some branches of Christianity don't believe in a Holy Spirit"

Does one mean that belief in "Holy spirit" is not essential of Christendom, please?

Regards

13. KenS

KenS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,121
    Religion:
    Judeo/Christian
    14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 14:16
    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (another means - one just like me)

14:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

• Like Like x 1
  14. paarsurrey

Ratings:
    +1,778
    "I don't think it's with any of them"

Yet there are Bible believers who say that "Holy Spirit" assisted in selecting the books of Bible, and is refection of other book that were not included in the Bible. How far it is correct, please?

Regards

15. paarsurrey

Ratings:
    +1,778
    Does one mean that only those who are among the "Catholicism and in Protestantism" and deny "Holy Spirit" are heretical, while other 32000+ denominations are not heretical, please?

Regards

16. Enoch07

Enoch07 It's all a sick freaking joke.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,714
    Religion:
    Theistic Rationalist-Christian
    I'd agree with that. The Holy Spirit is Gods invisible energy. Kinda like Chi from the east for example. The Bible even mentions if you have the holy spirit you cannot be possessed but if you are possessed the only way to rid yourself of it is to accept the holy spirit.

Very much like Chi which is positive and negative energy. You want to keep positive energy to grow, heal, and stay alive while negative energy can make you powerful it will decay/poison you eventually killing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. paarsurrey

Ratings:
    +1,778
    But JWs say that they are the "only true Christians".
    If Holy Spirit was only with Catholicism and Protestantism, how could JWs deny it, please?

Regards

18. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,370
    Religion:
    I mean, it may have been correctly compiled and in every way possible. I'm not sure whether Baha'ullah really says. Although it still leaves the question of whether the Protestant or Catholic Bible is more correctly compiled.

19. paarsurrey

Ratings:
    +1,778
    If Bahaullah defined or identified "Holy Spirit" in a straightforward manner then please quote from Kitab-i-Iqan, the most core book of Bahaullah. Right, please?

Regards

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. paarsurrey

Ratings:
    +1,778
    "The Holy Spirit is Gods invisible energy"

Did Jesus mention it, please? If yes, please quote from him.

Regards