• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity: Is "Holy Spirit" with Catholicism or Protestantism or with no Christian-denomination?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey,
I have tried to give people on this site, some answers to questions like yours. Over and over I have been sanctioned for answering questions, on this site. They seem to want only people who make outlandish statements, and no one who can answer Bible questions. The rulers of this site say that I must say that it seems like, so and so, even though I Am quoting Bible Scripture.
You must put your request in hidden meanings.
That is one's issue with RF, and not with me, please.
"The claims and reasons, must be from the Revealed Book of a Revealed-Religion".
Right, please?

Regards

Last edited:

Terry Sampson

"Do you and/or Islam believe that Jesus of Nazareth
  • (a) was put to death by Roman soldiers? and
  • (b) was resurrected (i.e. raised from the dead)?
I understand that both (a) and (b) never happened, please.

Right! I'd have been surprised if you thought they did. Thanks for confirming that you do not think they did.
Now, because you understand that (a) and (b) never happened, you and I have "two irreconcilable differences".
In addition, because you say that those events never happened, you are calling my Christian Scriptures false. That's a third "irreconcilable difference."
Also, your persistent reference to Pauline paganism and your calling my Jesus of Nazareth a Pagan-Christ are two more "irreconcilable differences".
Moreover, I'll bet that you do not have a copy nor can you guide me to a copy of any Christian Scriptures that someone showed to your prophet Mohammed or to any of his followers. In other words, you've got nothing to tell me (a) about what your Angel Gabriel showed or told to your prophet Mohammed, (b) about my Jesus, or (c) what I believe about him and because of him.
In other words, your opinion of my Jesus, my Scriptures, and my faith are absolutely unimportant to me.

Now, I'll tell you a little secret, just between you and me. I could have tolerated your silly repetition of statements:
(a) that Psalms is not in the Torah, (b) that Moses never mentioned the Trinity, and (c) Jesus never mentioned the Trinity, ... I could have kept silent if you told me that you don't believe in my Trinity because I personally do not believe that one has to believe in the Trinity--even though I do believe in the Trinity--in order to begin to understand the importance of Jesus of Nazareth.

Bottom Line: I now strongly suspect that you believed each of the five things that underlie our irreconcilable differences long before you posted this thread. And I'm finished here.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Right! I'd have been surprised if you thought they did. Thanks for confirming that you do not think they did.
Now, because you understand that (a) and (b) never happened, you and I have "two irreconcilable differences".
In addition, because you say that those events never happened, you are calling my Christian Scriptures false. That's a third "irreconcilable difference."
Also, your persistent reference to Pauline paganism and your calling my Jesus of Nazareth a Pagan-Christ are two more "irreconcilable differences".
Moreover, I'll bet that you do not have a copy nor can you guide me to a copy of any Christian Scriptures that someone showed to your prophet Mohammed or to any of his followers. In other words, you've got nothing to tell me (a) about what your Angel Gabriel showed or told to your prophet Mohammed, (b) about my Jesus, or (c) what I believe about him and because of him.
In other words, your opinion of my Jesus, my Scriptures, and my faith are absolutely unimportant to me.

Now, I'll tell you a little secret, just between you and me. I could have tolerated your silly repetition of statements:
(a) that Psalms is not in the Torah, (b) that Moses never mentioned the Trinity, and (c) Jesus never mentioned the Trinity, ... I could have kept silent if you told me that you don't believe in my Trinity because I personally do not believe that one has to believe in the Trinity--even though I do believe in the Trinity--in order to begin to understand the importance of Jesus of Nazareth.

Bottom Line: I now strongly suspect that you believed each of the five things that underlie our irreconcilable differences long before you posted this thread. And I'm finished here.

I don't have any personal issue with one. One mentioned that:

"Jesus of Nazareth (a) was put to death by Roman soldiers?"

Now this never happened on the first place. Jesus was put on the Cross only for a few hours, to appease Judaism people. They demanded that Jesus be crucified to death to prove him a false prophet. And Jesus had a strong healthy physique, other two persons who were put on the cross with Jesus did not die on the Cross until and unless they were further tortured by breaking their bones.
Jesus survived a cursed death on Cross as his bones were not broken. Right, please?

Regards

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Christianity: Is "Holy Spirit" with Catholicism or Protestantism or with no Christian-denomination, please?

Regards

It makes no difference. The church, as the Body of Christ, is one. The Holy Spirit, as the third Person of the Trinity, is part and parcel of the church, whether it brands itself “Catholic” or “Protestant.”

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It makes no difference. The church, as the Body of Christ, is one. The Holy Spirit, as the third Person of the Trinity, is part and parcel of the church, whether it brands itself “Catholic” or “Protestant.”
"The church, as the Body of Christ"

Jesus founded no Church, he need not as Jesus son of Mary (not the mythical Pagan-Christ) was a Jew and a follower of Moses' Law. He prayed in Jewish temple, not in a Christian-Church, never.

There was no Church in Jesus' time. Anybody who says "The church, as the Body of Christ" means Jesus did not have any physical body. In other words, it means, Jesus did not exist in real terms. Right, please?

Please note that for rationality and reasonableness one has to present "claims and reason from one's Revealed core Book one believes in".Right, please?

Regards

sojourner

Now this never happened on the first place. Jesus was put on the Cross only for a few hours, to appease Judaism people. They demanded that Jesus be crucified to death to prove him a false prophet. And Jesus had a strong healthy physique, other two persons who were put on the cross with Jesus did not die on the Cross until and unless they were further tortured by breaking their bones.
Jesus survived a cursed death on Cross as his bones were not broken. Right, please?

Regards
Not according to the gospel accounts — or according to the earlier epistles. And, most compelling, not according to Roman custom. Crucifixion was an act of state terrorism. To release the crucified would defeat the purpose of the crucifixion. Death by crucifixion was the horror they perpetrated on the populace.

sojourner

Jesus founded no Church, he need not as Jesus son of Mary (not the mythical Pagan-Christ) was a Jew and a follower of Moses' Law. He prayed in Jewish temple, not in a Christian-Church, never.

There was no Church in Jesus' time. Anybody who says "The church, as the Body of Christ" means Jesus did not have any physical body. In other words, it means, Jesus did not exist in real terms. Right, please?

Please note that for rationality and reasonableness one has to present "claims and reason from one's Revealed core Book one believes in".Right, please?

Regards
No, that’s not what the Body of Christ means. There is ample evidence to suggest that Jesus did, in fact, exist physically, and that he was a victim of crucifixion. “The Body of Christ” is a theological concept, meaning that, after his resurrection, and through the act of Eucharist, we dwell in him, and he in us.

sojourner

Regards
With regard to your last sentence: no, that, too, is incorrect. One has to present Apostolic Tradition, of which the sacred texts are part.

You are correct in stating that there was no Christian Church, ad we know it, during Jesus’ life. The early proto-Church continued to go to synagogue, then met afterward for Eucharist, as a community. However, Jesus did assemble disciples, sent out apostles, and gathered them for a meal. Those acts do constitute calling together an ekklesia for spiritual purposes.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
With regard to your last sentence: no, that, too, is incorrect. One has to present Apostolic Tradition, of which the sacred texts are part.

You are correct in stating that there was no Christian Church, ad we know it, during Jesus’ life. The early proto-Church continued to go to synagogue, then met afterward for Eucharist, as a community. However, Jesus did assemble disciples, sent out apostles, and gathered them for a meal. Those acts do constitute calling together an ekklesia for spiritual purposes.
"Apostolic Tradition"

Jesus never supported/authorized any such tradition. If yes, please quote from Jesus. Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

"You are correct in stating that there was no Christian Church, ad we know it, during Jesus’ life"

Thanks for one's acknowledgement, please.

Regards

lostwanderingsoul

Regards
Show proof. Wrong, p;ease

sojourner

"You are correct in stating that there was no Christian Church, ad we know it, during Jesus’ life"

Thanks for one's acknowledgement, please.

Regards
You’re conveniently forgetting the proviso at the end. You’re taking my statement out of context and misrepresenting my message.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Show proof. Wrong, p;ease
The rational and reasonable argument is already given by me:
  1. "Jesus was put on the Cross only for a few hours,
  2. to appease Judaism people.
  3. They (the Judaism people) demanded that Jesus be crucified to death to prove him a false prophet.
  4. And Jesus had a strong healthy physique,
  5. other two persons who were put on the cross with Jesus did not die on the Cross
  6. until and unless they were further tortured by breaking their bones.
  7. Jesus survived a cursed death on Cross as his bones were not broken." Unquote
Prove them wrong, if one can. Right, please?

Regards

lostwanderingsoul

The rational and reasonable argument is already given by me:
  1. "Jesus was put on the Cross only for a few hours,
  2. to appease Judaism people.
  3. They (the Judaism people) demanded that Jesus be crucified to death to prove him a false prophet.
  4. And Jesus had a strong healthy physique,
  5. other two persons who were put on the cross with Jesus did not die on the Cross
  6. until and unless they were further tortured by breaking their bones.
  7. Jesus survived a cursed death on Cross as his bones were not broken." Unquote
Prove them wrong, if one can. Right, please?

Regards
No, prove them right. Just because you it does not prove it. Wrong, please