• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ Is King, But Business Is Business?

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
rocka21 said:
28And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

29And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, 30But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

NOW IN THIS TIME! :angel2:

see my friend......... VERY PLAIN:D
Yes it is. "This time" referring to being the time after the regeneration when the world is being judged. "This time" being when the world has ended and there is no gold, silver or paper money. "This time" being when you are dead and in heaven.
You will recieve a hundredfold more wealth then you could ever have on Earth - spiritual wealth - the wealth man recieves from being in the presence of God.

You cannot take your Earthly riches beyond the grave, and they matter nought to God.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Cynic said:
Okay, lets study the context of this saying.
Cynic said:
First,

And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake.

Clearly this means leaving behind possessions and family members to follow Jesus.
So in a sense he is saying that if you leave everything behind and follow him, then you will inherit more wealth, which is not necassarily material, but more likely spiritual in meaning.
Jesus asked his disciples to leave everything behind and come follow him. Did Jesus literally give them a hundredfold of dinari afterwards?

i think your missing the whole point of the story of the rich young ruler.

Jesus was not mad at his Money, he was mad that he put his money before him. That was the one thing he lacked ( by the way , lots of people have this problem).

people use this scripture to justify that Jesus wants us poor. WRONG, he just don't want anything to come before him, including money.

he made the rich young man EXPOSE his real heart when he ask him to give it all away. I personally think , if the man would have said " ok Lord , i will", god would have given him more wealth than he already had.

Cynic

rocka21 said:
I have no attachments to my riches. They are a tools in my hand. Money is my servant , not my master. I have loose strings on all i possess. I don't lust after money, but money in your life helps alot. it is a blessing from god , not a curse. Jesus made a point to warn people not to make money your master. if you think the richer you are the farther away from god you are and the poorer you are the closer to God you are, thats just nuts!
Good for you and good point. :)

As I said before:
It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, that is not the point itself. You don't have to be a bum living on the street. What matters are the attachments one carries. Those who aren't willing to give up what they have in abundance are attached to the material. Those who are willing have no attachments and find contentment in spiritual things, and thus have little need for material riches.
Spiritual wealth brings contentment and self sufficiency where you have no desire in an abundance of worldy things.

And like you said, more or less, Jesus was exposing his attachments to material wealth.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Halcyon said:
Yes it is. "This time" referring to being the time after the regeneration when the world is being judged. "This time" being when the world has ended and there is no gold, silver or paper money. "This time" being when you are dead and in heaven.
You will recieve a hundredfold more wealth then you could ever have on Earth - spiritual wealth - the wealth man recieves from being in the presence of God.

You cannot take your Earthly riches beyond the grave, and they matter nought to God.

Mark 10:30
But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

maybe you need to read this again.

are there persecutions in heaven?

in " this time" and " in the world to come" are two different places.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Cynic said:
Good for you and good point. :)

As I said before:
It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, that is not the point itself. You don't have to be a bum living on the street. What matters are the attachments one carries. Those who aren't willing to give up what they have in abundance are attached to the material. Those who are willing have no attachments and find contentment in spiritual things, and thus have little need for material riches.
Spiritual wealth brings contentment and self sufficiency where you have no desire in an abundance of worldy things.

And like you said, more or less, Jesus was exposing his attachments to material wealth.

thank you, you make a good point.:)

Bishka

Veteran Member
rocka21 said:
I have no attachments to my riches. They are a tools in my hand. Money is my servant , not my master. I have loose strings on all i possess. I don't lust after money, but money in your life helps alot. it is a blessing from god , not a curse. Jesus made a point to warn people not to make money your master. if you think the richer you are the farther away from god you are and the poorer you are the closer to God you are, thats just nuts!
Coming from someone who has Joel Osteen as their avatar, I guess this makes perfect sense.

rocka21

Brother Rock
beckysoup61 said:
Coming from someone who has Joel Osteen as their avatar, I guess this makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Hello Becky,

i was waiting for you to show up and insult me again!:)

yes , i change my avatar plenty of times. Joel osteen is not my pastor or anything , but i do love his preaching.

how would you like me to make condescending remarks against your pastor, or Joseph Smith, or your profit Moroni?

anyway........ GOD BLESS:angel2:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Bishka

Veteran Member
rocka21 said:
Hello Becky,

i was waiting for you to show up and insult me again!:)

This wasn't an insult, simply an observation. It's not my fault at all if you took it that way.
rocka21 said:
yes , i change my avatar plenty of times. Joel osteen is not my pastor or anything , but i do love his preaching.

That's wonderful that you love his preaching. :yes:

rocka21 said:
how would you like me to make condescending remarks against your pastor, or Joseph Smith, or your profit Moroni?
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

You already have, and it doesn't faze me too much. You've already made several remarks about Joseph Smith and Moroni. Although, I'm not sure why you make a distinction between Moroni and Joseph Smith, they were both prophets. :confused:

I didn't make a rude or condescending remark against your pastor or Joel Osteen. The remark I was making was that it makes sense for someone who has Joel Osteen's avatar (or listens to Joel Osteen) to believe in the idea of the Gospel of Prosperity, as Osteen is a promoter of it.

rocka21

Brother Rock
beckysoup61 said:
This wasn't an insult, simply an observation. It's not my fault at all if you took it that way.

That's wonderful that you love his preaching. :yes:

You already have, and it doesn't faze me too much. You've already made several remarks about Joseph Smith and Moroni. Although, I'm not sure why you make a distinction between Moroni and Joseph Smith, they were both prophets. :confused:

I didn't make a rude or condescending remark against your pastor or Joel Osteen. The remark I was making was that it makes sense for someone who has Joel Osteen's avatar (or listens to Joel Osteen) to believe in the idea of the Gospel of Prosperity, as Osteen is a promoter of it.

nice crawfish............ i see you edited your post and took the smirk remark away from it.:cool:

its all good becky! all Good!:angel2:

Bishka

Veteran Member
rocka21 said:
nice crawfish............ i see you edited your post and took the smirk remark away from it.:cool:
Crawfish? :confused:

What remark? I only used a emoticon. The :rolleyes: wasn't meant to be 'snide', it was meant to just 'duh' (in a none-mean way). You take everything I say so seriously, like I'm attacking you personally.

rocka21

Brother Rock
beckysoup61 said:
Crawfish? :confused:

What remark? I only used a emoticon. The :rolleyes: wasn't meant to be 'snide', it was meant to just 'duh' (in a none-mean way). You take everything I say so seriously, like I'm attacking you personally.

:D
can we just hold hands.: hamster :

M

Majikthise

beckysoup61 said:
Only if you can be nice. :)

Your too nice Becky, that's why I like you. This was sposed to be frubaled but I runned out.

Arabis

see me run
rocka21 said:

I'm just wondering, not attacking, since you have been blessed enough to be rich, how would you deal with trials such as when God tested Job. What was God's point, if not to make Job closer to Him.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Arabis said:
I'm just wondering, not attacking, since you have been blessed enough to be rich, how would you deal with trials such as when God tested Job. What was God's point, if not to make Job closer to Him.

what happened at the end of the story of Job.

theres my answer.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
rocka21 said:
i think your missing the whole point of the story of the rich young ruler.

Jesus was not mad at his Money, he was mad that he put his money before him. That was the one thing he lacked ( by the way , lots of people have this problem).

people use this scripture to justify that Jesus wants us poor. WRONG, he just don't want anything to come before him, including money.

he made the rich young man EXPOSE his real heart when he ask him to give it all away. I personally think , if the man would have said " ok Lord , i will", god would have given him more wealth than he already had.
Interesting interpretation, its doesn't explain this phrase though;

"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

How do you interpret this phrase in a way that suggests God wants people to be rich?