• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ Consciousness

soma

John Kuykendall
Christ consciousness brings into manifestation the health and happiness that are every human’s normal and divine heritage. This new concept of God frees the mind from every form of bondage and causes the heart to beat with joy and happiness. This is a consciousness of the unity and spirituality of all life; a life propelled by a consciousness of love. Christ consciousness is a realization that pure consciousness is always at work so we no longer feel that we must compel pure consciousness to work. Without any fear or sense that we must make pure consciousness effective we gain a tranquil, optimistic manner with a deep inner belief in reality. This concept or idea expands our knowledge, our experience and our faith.

http://thinkunity.com

A

angellous_evangellous

soma said:
Christ consciousness brings into manifestation the health and happiness that are every human’s normal and divine heritage. This new concept of God frees the mind from every form of bondage and causes the heart to beat with joy and happiness. This is a consciousness of the unity and spirituality of all life; a life propelled by a consciousness of love. Christ consciousness is a realization that pure consciousness is always at work so we no longer feel that we must compel pure consciousness to work. Without any fear or sense that we must make pure consciousness effective we gain a tranquil, optimistic manner with a deep inner belief in reality. This concept or idea expands our knowledge, our experience and our faith.

Well I feel warm and fuzzy all over.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The legitimacy of the Christ Consciousness cannot be underestimated. To perceive it, is to see through the fabric of reality.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
From the site you referenced, I couldn't help but be so glad to see:-

Christ Consciousness is Love

God would not leave a seeker of the truth without truth because it is God that impels the seeking and cares for our every need. God impels seeking through love, not fear and when one sees Christ and his consciousness, one falls in love with everything, everyone and God Himself. God is not separate from anything; He is the Life of our life, the Reality within our own reality and the Soul within our being. Christ consciousness is not bad, his mind and actions were pure and with the replication between Christ consciousness and our consciousness we can become better, trying to live a pure life. This is the bringing of our own minds and wills into agreement with Christ consciousness, a consciousness where we experience God and get submerged in the loving will of God. It starts us on a journey toward a new consciousness where Christ consciousness purifies the mind so it becomes free, not worried and unattached because it doesn’t want its own way, but the Lord’s way. Christ said, “Lord let Thy Will be done. <H3 style="FONT-FAMILY: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif">
Christ didn't attack abortion clinics, or hold signs bearing "God Hates ****".

The atrocities and misrepresentations of who Christ really is need to be addressed. Christ forgave and healed the worst of the sinners. He showed love that is supposed to be displayed by the religious folks. When religious zealots brought a woman caught in adultery he spoke out against them because he came not to condemn the world but to save it.

We can change our lives by becoming aware of our unity with Christ and his consciousness and the infinite possibilities that await us, but first, every new stage in life requires us to part from the previous one. Childhood gives rise to youth as it develops into adulthood. After a temporary stay our minds expand doing away with ignorance in order to approach God where the only medium between our minds and pure is our thoughts. As we bring ourselves to a greater consciousness, positive life affirming beliefs are accepted and negative thoughts and problems disappear as we express more love, peace, joy, wisdom and harmony with everything that flows unceasingly from God, but many hesitate to venture into the unknown. They tend to cling to the familiar in life, even if they are not happy. That is why Jesus preached with parables because pure consciousness is above reason but not against it, if pure consciousness can first be translated into terms that the mind can grasp people will learn to sense what is expressed. Christ consciousness and reason are friends, not enemies so we should be open to new ideas because we can always reject what we consider false and concede to the truth. Christ consciousness is to help people and their lives; it is not abusing children, bombing countries, or accusing Tele Tubies of being gay. It is not even saying who should be assassinated so one should not be afraid to make one a better person.

The more we are aware of God working in and through everything, especially within ourselves, the more God’s presence can replace prior limitations and disharmonies with good. Our minds will act on the new ideas that are formed and form a new, more positive belief and attitude. This deep understanding sees the good of God everywhere and always present. This shift in attitude brings greater freedom; peace and joy so give up the old worries, freeing oneself and replacing old ideas with the knowledge that everything we need is available is good. Recognizing Christ Consciousness, love and unity with God pulls into life more success than ever-dreamed possible. People with negative minds project negative images which repels not attracts people to Christianity.

That seems to portray the Jesus Christ I know, but not necessarilly the one we hear about.......;)

</H3>

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Michel, it is a good effort, have no doubt. Sorry I can't be bothered going over it with a fine tooth comb. It doesn't entirely add up. It is largely accurate though. O_O

soma

John Kuykendall
Michel, Your inner commitment and reverence have helped you to acquire Christ consciousness and to give the knowledge that one is divine and not the sinner we hear about. Thanks for the comments

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
When this happens, it is no longer we who love, but Christ that loves through us, it is no longer our bodies that live, but Christ consciousness that lives within us.

This comes to mind,..."For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake shall save it." NT Mark 8:35

And,.."I and my Father are one." NT John 10:30

When by grace, the unification between the seeker of the God (Father) and God is complete, the seeker no longer exists, ie. there is no longer a mortal dualistic relationship,..Christ consciousness is all.

ayani

my two cents....

Jesus the Messiah gave us two great commandments- to love God with all our heart and sould and might, and to love our neighbor as ourselves. uniquely, Jesus came with no book or text to teach humanity- He taught and teaches with His life. Jesus embodies, in the flesh, these two commandments.

through Him, in Him, because of Him, we who follow Jesus, with the help of the Holy Spirit, become more and more in the image of the Son- a life given over to loving our Father in prayer, study, and communion, a life given over to loving and serving His people, as we would want to be loved and served.

my Christian walk is less about a mystical union with a greater, abstract Being, but about, in Christ, loving my Father more and more, with a child-like, faithful love, realizing that i am not God, nor can i ever be God. He is holy- i am sinful. He is eternal- i am finite. He is the Creator- i can barely manage to put together a clothes rack. it is about loving God as Jesus loves Him- as Father, with all of one's being. as the song goes, "You made me out of dust and breath, and i shall live to praise You". it is about seeing in Jesus a great, holy, giving, forgiving love (both commanded in words and demonstrated in His compassionate miracles) and with God's help, loving my neighbors like that.

Last edited:

Little Joe Gould

Seeking God
my two cents....

Jesus the Messiah gave us two great commandments- to love God with all our heart and sould and might, and to love our neighbor as ourselves. uniquely, Jesus came with no book or text to teach humanity- He taught and teaches with His life. Jesus embodies, in the flesh, these two commandments.

through Him, in Him, because of Him, we who follow Jesus, with the help of the Holy Spirit, become more and more in the image of the Son- a life given over to loving our Father in prayer, study, and communion, a life given over to loving and serving His people, as we would want to be loved and served.

my Christian walk is less about a mystical union with a greater, abstract Being, but about, in Christ, loving my Father more and more, with a child-like, faithful love, realizing that i am not God, nor can i ever be God. He is holy- i am sinful. He is eternal- i am finite. He is the Creator- i can barely manage to put together a clothes rack. it is about loving God as Jesus loves Him- as Father, with all of one's being. as the song goes, "You made me out of dust and breath, and i shall live to praise You". it is about seeing in Jesus a great, holy, giving, forgiving love (both commanded in words and demonstrated in His compassionate miracles) and with God's help, loving my neighbors like that.

I really wish more Christians shared your feelings on the subject! Excellent post.

soma

John Kuykendall
Experiencing God through a relationship with Jesus Christ enables the unit mind to arrive gracefully at the source of positive, loving thought, the pure consciousness of God where everything is united and one. This spiritual purification cleanses the mind and directs it again to God the Father who is beyond all thought. Christ’s love of God leads us to the practice of purifying our minds and to the subtle states of Christ consciousness where the ultimate state of unity and harmony are experienced. This Reality has a profound influence on the individual and the world because it produces harmony, happiness and the environment for the individual to grow in the understanding of God, Jesus and who one really is. As we come to know the nature of God, His unity and Reality we also know more of our own true being as His reflection. Our relationship to Christ impels us to purify ourselves to grow closer to Our Lord.

stlekee

Fool for Wisdom
Why should we help others?
Because they need help.

Why ought we do the right thing?
Because its the right thing to do.

Why Love God?
Because God is Love.

Christ consciousness is wisdom revealed in the human spirit, heart and mind

Ketoujin12

A wonderful message. If more Christians......scratch that....people of whatever particular religious profession or none....were to internalize and live by these precepts that you all have affirmed in this thread, then the kingdom would indeed be made wholly manifest.

Fantastic.

Best,

Gunnar

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
my two cents....

This post is about 5 years old, but it hit the nail on the head with the force of a meteor strike.

Hey somebody.

Yeah, this is really cool. It's amazing none of the people of Jesus/Disciples/early church fathers felt the same. It took us 2000 years to get it right and those silly people in the past all couldn't get it. They were such bumpkins. :)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hey somebody.
Yeah, this is really cool. It's amazing none of the people of Jesus/Disciples/early church fathers felt the same. It took us 2000 years to get it right and those silly people in the past all couldn't get it. They were such bumpkins. :)

But to me, didn't they have joy and happiness because they cultivated the fruit of God's spirit which includes: joy !
- Galatians 5:22-23

So, Jesus/Disciples/1st-century congregation, had it right.
The corrupted form of Christianity is what got it wrong after the first century ended - Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30 - because false shepherds (dressed in sheep' clothing) came along and still fleeces the flock of God.