• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China fires up giant coal power plant in face of calls for cuts

Shaul

Premium Member
“China is responsible for more than half of global coal-fired power generation and is expected to see a 9% year-on-year increase in 2021, an International Energy Agency report published this month said.”

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They're also complaining about their craft having to
evade Musk's satellites. This after China destroyed
a satellite of their own with a missile, launching many
small pieces of high speed space junk.

They're so self-obsessed....If Donald Trump were
a country, he'd be China.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Always picking on China.
First because we were too weak, now
because we are too strong.

Well, maybe if you had a inspiring leader like Biden. :rolleyes:
j/k but I'm assuming you're not pro CCP?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Always picking on China.
First because we were too weak, now
because we are too strong.
Its actions are what we condemn and it's "wolf" diplomacy and it's lack of freedom and it's suppression of minorities etc.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
FTA: “China, under fire for approving new coal power stations as other countries try to curb greenhouse gases, has completed the first 1,000-megawatt unit of the Shanghaimiao plant, the biggest of its kind under construction in the country.”

China fires up giant coal power plant in face of calls for cuts

That's smart. I mean if you promise to make cuts in the future. Add to it now so you end up after cutting with about what you started with.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, China is alright. It has its perks and it's jerks....just like any other country.

I don't think the current Chinese regime is alright given its abuse of Tibet and Uyghur minorities, among other things.

Of course, the U.S. isn't in a position to moralize either, given its own record of committing and enabling crimes against humanity.

Suave

Simulated character
“China is responsible for more than half of global coal-fired power generation and is expected to see a 9% year-on-year increase in 2021, an International Energy Agency report published this month said.”
Please let us agree with imposing tariffs on Chinese goods increasing their price in order to curb U.S. consumption, and consequently reducing Chinese industrial output as well as reducing China"s global warming carbon emissions.

Shaul

Premium Member
Please let us agree with imposing tariffs on Chinese goods increasing their price in order to curb U.S. consumption, and consequently reducing Chinese industrial output as well as reducing China"s global warming carbon emissions.
I don’t think President Biden will ever agree to do that.

Viker

Häxan
Of course, the U.S. isn't in a position to moralize either, given its own record of committing and enabling crimes against humanity.

Exactly. I don't agree with abuses and neglect of any regime. If criticizing something like the OP, I am only expressing my view...most other Americans likely don't care. I'm just a free agent, man. And probably some kind of new hippie.:D

Audie

Veteran Member
I don't think the current Chinese regime is alright given its abuse of Tibet and Uyghur minorities, among other things.

See how USA took over territory from
Mexico and made the people second class in their own home.

Study the hidtoricsl boundsries of " Tibet "
and "China" and decide the true borders.

There is none.

Tibetans have lived under a repressive medieval
theocracy.
Quaint national geographic magazine stuff.

They are now integrating into a modern society
with the rest of China.
"Free Tibet" makes less sense than " free Texas".

Audie

Veteran Member

Which country is wonderful?

Audie

Veteran Member

Every action has a reaction