• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China fires up giant coal power plant in face of calls for cuts

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not true here in Illinois where 77 percent of our energy is generated by carbonless sources of energy like nuclear power, solar power and wind turbines.
Wonder what green resources and green industries are being used to make and maintain those things?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Always picking on China.
First because we were too weak, now
because we are too strong.
No need to make the chip on your shoulder so obvious. It's because of this little thing called climate change.

But actually it's been explained to me that the bureaucracy in China has so many layers, competing agendas, and indeed corruption, that at local level there is far from perfect alignment with the national goals espoused by Xi et al. A lot of these coal projects have been in the works for a long time and they can't turn off the tap overnight.

But China, as it grows up, will just have to get used to being criticised for the environmental damage it causes, just as the USA has been for the last half century. Sitting back and smirking at the potshots thrown at the USA is a luxury you won't be able to afford: you will be in the firing line yourselves.;)

Suave

Simulated character
Wonder what green resources and green industries are being used to make and maintain those things?
Opps, my bad, actually the correct figure is 67 percent for the percent amount of carbon-free sources of energy generated in Illinois. Renewable sources of energy, solar and wind, is expected to generate 25 percent of Illinois energy by the year 2025, nuclear energy is expected to generate 42 percent of Illinois energy by 2025. This demonstrates most of our energy needs can be met without carbon based sources of energy.

Blog-Chart-3-1.png

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
IMO, the US and other countries should do what is right with dealing with climate change as we should be dictating our own actions. And if China continues on with building such plants, then I do believe that we and other countries should make it clear that we are going to reduce Chinese imports to even 0 if needed.

exchemist

Veteran Member
IMO, the US and other countries should do what is right with dealing with climate change as we should be dictating our own actions. And if China continues on with building such plants, then I do believe that we and other countries should make it clear that we are going to reduce Chinese imports to even 0 if needed.
Presumably apart from all the rare earth metals we need for our own electric vehicles, batteries etc.....;)
But yes, China will come under more pressure.