• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Child Support Liability

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Accidents happen, people forget, birth control methods fail. After all that, Ultimately, the woman decides whether or not a child is born. And if one parent decides to keep the child while the other would put it up for adoption, the one has decided a major life decision for the other, completely against their will.

Its not completely "against your will" because you know before you have sex,that having sex one or even a primary and major functions in fact OF sex is reproduction.Whether you consciously want or don't want a child its a basic human biological event for survival of our species.And some might say even the root of the reason we are even driven to have sex.

So when pregnancy occurs its "not against your will" that it may result in a child just because the woman can choose NOT to have an abortion or give the child away.

Curious George

Veteran Member
They shouldn't, if you're talking about access, and the right to take on part of the responsibility of raising the child.

As to why he shouldn't be able to spirit the child away to a strange place away from her home and family, his rights should be limited because such a tumult in her home and family relations would psychologically damage the child.

Again, I'm seeking a balance between the best interests of everyone affected, and I'm placing the highest priority on the best interests of the child. That is domestic stability and continuity in her relationships with parental figures.

Keep in mind that access is a broad concept. It doesn't necessarily mean supervised visits in a public facility, closely guarded by a team of squint eyed social services counselors. Ideally, he would spend as much time with his child as he can spare, unsupervised and free to do whatever fatherly things he chooses.

If the only impediment to a father's right to custody is the best interests of the child and the only reason the best interests of the child is with another family and not the father are a result of the mother's fraudulent actions then I fail to see why legal recourse against the mother which would not deal with the child or her rights is problematic.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
**Staff Post**

This thread has been moved to General Debates from Men's Issues and Re-Opened.

There was already a staff post put in back on page 10 that was ignored. Heavy debating within green-labeled areas is not allowed, and all posts within the Men's Issues subforum must be made in the spirit of positive improvement for men's issues.