• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Hebdo to attack Muslims again

ecco

Veteran Member
An astounding 2% of the Bible verses are violent crap

That's 462 verses of violence, rape, and slavery. Did the person who came up with the 2% number include things like incest, homophobia, and misogyny?

I use common sense and only use loving verses (so I use maybe 2 verses from the Bible; that's plenty for me, no need to know more). I think it is even unwise to read the violent verses, as it might infect you with crap thoughts, how else they...

Why is it common sense to ignore 2% of what God wrote? Did He write it only to be ignored?

ecco

Veteran Member
It only lead to more turmoil.
It also leads to respect from people who believe in Freedom of Speech. Ya know, that thing that is guaranteed by our Constitution.

People who do not believe in Freedom of Speech should move to countries where Freedom of Speech is prohibited. Ya know, like many Muslim countries.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Of course we are all human. Well, I’m more than 97% human. :alien:
And that is the point.
One responsibility we have to one another is to develop perspective and patience , so that we don’t go ballistic if we feel offended.

Yes we should be patient,

Prophet Muhammad(ﷺ) said, “The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger.”
[Sahih al-Bukhari]

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
There was a point IMO.

The point was to insult fundamentalist Muslims, precisely to demonstrate that (1)they hold a view which is totally unacceptable to modern intellectual westerners, and (2) they feel entitled to enforce that view, even in non-Muslim countries.

I think the Charlie Hebdo action did clarify that situation.

They can present their point by respectful speech than insulting cartoons.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Ah.... just a second!
France was way behind us on that.
And the French have no more freedom than us, imo, unless they want to draw nasty pics! :D

As a young boy I watched a French Gendarme stopping a man outside a shop in ...... Carcasonne, I think (Cathedral with two different steeples?). Oh boy....... I never forgot that level of brutality. The man did nothing to protect himself, either with raised arm or hand, as that cop beat him senseless. French freedom......and French cops? You can keep 'em. :)

There is something of a difference between a civil war over freedom of what religion to chose and a civil over equality, in my opinion

You would be surprised on the freedoms being eroded in the UK

And when were you a boy? Was it a gendarme or CRS

I have quite recently seen UK policeman beating a Scottish drunk unconscious with his truncheon. Is that any less than your childhood memories?

ecco

Veteran Member
However it is good that we Christians love you even if you throw **** at our God and spread lies about Him.

Do you consider quoting from your Bible to be throwing **** at your God?

Do you consider quoting from your Bible to be "spreading lies"?

In a way you are right. The Bible is filled with lies like God flooded the entire earth. Any time that that old wives tale is re-told, someone is spreading lies.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
@FearGod
FYI - right now, I think the biggest threat to western civilisation is Donald Trump.
I think the Islam/terrorism thing was largely created by powerful interests in the west.
But that’s another story ...

Goodnight, and may you also have sweet dreams

Milton Platt

That is no excuse for what the caricature is a symbol of. It is symbol of intolerance toward Islam.

Not necessarily. It might be an expression of disbelief, or poking fun at something which is illogical or immoral. It should be pointed out that your objection was non of this...it was a statement that a dead person could be harrassed. That is virtually impossible.

ecco

Veteran Member
But there isn't a point in insulting religions through cartoons, it's just nonsense.

Do you believe it is valid to insult political parties or politicians through cartoons?

14318632_web1_181109-PWN-cartoon-T.jpg

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Do you believe it is valid to insult political parties or politicians through cartoons?

14318632_web1_181109-PWN-cartoon-T.jpg

The cartoon is meaningless with the fact that Trump is the president of USA.
I believe the same thing goes with some other meaningless cartoons.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When will this ****ty "satire" magazine stop harasment of the Prophet Muhammad?
Again they are planning to re publication of the idiotic drawings from 2015. Did they not learn anything last time?
Will extremists stop their violence and killing over trivial things and demanding we not have our rights and we cater to their ways and whims?
It's not an attack on Muslims. It's a middle finger to extremists and people wearing the Blinders of Dogma.

Milton Platt

When will this ****ty "satire" magazine stop harasment of the Prophet Muhammad?
Again they are planning to re publication of the idiotic drawings from 2015. Did they not learn anything last time?

Do you support the physical attack of the Charlie Hebdo employees?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have quite recently seen UK policeman beating a Scottish drunk unconscious with his truncheon. Is that any less than your childhood memories?
That's a little too close to home.
Remind me to be more careful if I ever go to Scotland again.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It is freedom of speech, but when it is done to hurt others, then it is not ok
They don't consider that with women. They dont consider that with atheists. They expect us to respect their ways, but they do not return it to others.
Islam say portrait of the prophet is not right to do, what is weak about following the teaching?
That they are so insecure they kill non-Muslims over it. That they get that enraged and violent, it is a very weak amd insecure faith they have.

ecco

Veteran Member
1: yes it should be illegal to joke about others religious belief.

In some countries it is illegal to joke about religious beliefs. I would not want to live in those countries.

In some countries it is illegal to joke about the leaders. I would not want to live in those countries.

But, if you do, then you should.

I DO support the choice each person have to believe what they want.

You just DON'T support the right of those people to express those beliefs.

Do you see how hypocritical your views are?

In America, Freedom of speech is guaranteed by the Constitution. This should be expanded so that anyone speaking against any form of Freedom of Speech can be subjected to "penalties ranging from a fine to death."

Is that acceptable to you?

ecco

Veteran Member
I am for the blasphemy law yes, it was a shame they removed it.

They did not remove it in Pakistan.
Blasphemy in Pakistan - Wikipedia
Between 1987 and 2017 at least 1,500 people were charged with blasphemy and at least 75 people involved in accusations of blasphemy were killed in Pakistan according to the Center for Social Justice.[6]

Many people accused of blasphemy have been murdered before their trials were over,[2][7] and prominent figures who opposed the blasphemy law have been assassinated.[1] Since 1990, 62 people have been murdered following blasphemy allegations.[8] According to one religious minority source, an accusation of blasphemy commonly exposes the accused, police, lawyers, and judges to harassment, threats, attacks and rioting.[9] Critics complain that Pakistan's blasphemy laws are "overwhelmingly being used to persecute religious minorities and settle personal vendettas,"[10] but calls for change in blasphemy laws have been strongly resisted by Islamic parties - most prominently the Barelvi school of Islam.[8]
These are the kinds of laws you support - right?