• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

chaos magick, & the way of the phychonaut

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
All Magic(k) is a willful act of creation, change, disruption in the natural order of things, therefore, all magick is a form of chaos.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
All Magic(k) is a willful act of creation, change, disruption in the natural order of things, therefore, all magick is a form of chaos.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
The bend in the river is as natural as the strait away.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Of course it is. But there are also man made non-natural phenomenon such as the Hoover damn in Navada USA. :D

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Men are natural, all we do is natural. We are a force of nature.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Nah, I disagree, mankind by his very non-nature is distinct and separate from the cosmic order of things, man is both or at once child and father of the Universe. Magick (Chaos Magic) is the conscious, willful disruption of the cosmic inertia. :D You see the argument can and will always go both ways.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
Nah, I disagree, mankind by his very non-nature is distinct and separate from the cosmic order of things, man is both or at once child and father of the Universe. Magick (Chaos Magic) is the conscious, willful disruption of the cosmic inertia. :D You see the argument can and will always go both ways.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Well argued. I can see your point. I guess we will have to agree to disagree or as you said, see both as true.

Goblin

Sorcerer
Humans are part of nature. We all depend upon the world for nourishment & existence. Magick is the world changing itself.
Chaos is only chaos until a perspective gives It order. But with no ordered perspective chaos has nothing to contrast it. Then chaos ceases to be chaos, its just life.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Humans are part of nature. We all depend upon the world for nourishment & existence. Magick is the world changing itself.
Chaos is only chaos until a perspective gives It order. But with no ordered perspective chaos has nothing to contrast it. Then chaos ceases to be chaos, its just life.

From a black magical perspective man is a creature of nature, but is also, along with other animals, a spiritual being. It is our psychecentric awareness and isolate intelligence, our "spirituality" which separates and distinguishes us from natural law. Magick is the spawn of the conscious mind and will and cannot be defined by the laws of nature as the cosmos is not a conscious self-aware entity. It is only through the creative fire and inspiration of the Sorcerer's Will that the Universe becomes a more magickal place in which to exist.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
From a black magical perspective man is a creature of nature, but is also, along with other animals, a spiritual being. It is our psychecentric awareness and isolate intelligence, our "spirituality" which separates and distinguishes us from natural law. Magick is the spawn of the conscious mind and will and cannot be defined by the laws of nature as the cosmos is not a conscious self-aware entity. It is only through the creative fire and inspiration of the Sorcerer's Will that the Universe becomes a more magickal place in which to exist.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Edit, you do not think consciousness is natural?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Edit, you do not think consciousness is natural?

I am not of the school of thought that believes the Universe to be an intelligent self-aware entity. Hence such things as consciousness, Being, isolate intelligence, singular identity, are alien to it and cannot be defined by it.

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
I am not of the school of thought that believes the Universe to be a self-aware entity. Hence such things as consciousness, Being, singular identity are alien to it and cannot be defined by it.

ahh I guess I follow the other school of thought, though I would not state it the way you did.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Thats cool. How would you state it?

That consciousness arose naturally via natural process in natural things. Consciousness is a product of and is natural.

Hmm I'll have to work on that.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
That consciousness arose naturally via natural process in natural things. Consciousness is a product of and is natural.

When I first joined the RF it kind of ruffled my wings that most here adamantly argued against the Setian idea that Magick was a non-natural phenomenon. Now I find it as an interesting curiosity. Is it really that incomprehensible to identify Magick as something that is not a naturally occurring phenomenon, but as something that is separate and distinct from the natural order of things? I can see the logic in the former, but it bewilders me that some of you can't see the logic in the Setian argument. Just a thought. :D

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Goblin

Sorcerer
consciousness isnt intelligence.
consciousness is the mixture of awareness & intelligence.

where have we gone to if we are not apart of nature, do we exist outside of nature. how does our body-mind continue without nature?

in liber null, which is recognized as a LHP tradition. magick is defined as creating change in accordance with our natural will.
according to liber null
there is the chaos, our ordered perception of chaos & aether which is considered the world of imagination which solidifies into formed perception. thats were the magick happens.
for magick to be unnatural is to call thought unnatural. for thought to be unnatural it would be outside and thus above the laws of nature. which it is clearly not since any drug can drastically change your thought patterns