• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

chaos magick, & the way of the phychonaut

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I wasn't supposed to drop in here, but this prompted me to add a little to your conversation. Neither consciousness, intelligence or awareness are solely human attributes. We're constantly gaining new understanding of the intelligence of animals and often having to re-examine our conceptions of what animals think and feel. Just to give a few examples, in recent years dolphins and other cetaceans have started gaining legal rights much like our human rights; elephants have been shown to understand altruism in experiments requiring team work; we know fish now feel pain and that birds not only remember the face of their enemy, but also spread the knowledge to their peers. It's a highly fascinating subject, but it also raises the question whether we're as unique as we've been led to believe.

Well stated, and brings me back to my post #33 in this thread. Thanks Infinitum!

Xeper.
/Adramelek\