• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

chaos magick, & the way of the phychonaut

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
consciousness isnt intelligence.
consciousness is the mixture of awareness & intelligence.

where have we gone to if we are not apart of nature, do we exist outside of nature. how does our body-mind continue without nature?

in liber null, which is recognized as a LHP tradition. magick is defined as creating change in accordance with our natural will.
according to liber null
there is the chaos, our ordered perception of chaos & aether which is considered the world of imagination which solidifies into formed perception. thats were the magick happens.
for magick to be unnatural is to call thought unnatural. for thought to be unnatural it would be outside and thus above the laws of nature. which it is clearly not since any drug can drastically change your thought patterns

A good post, but have heard it before. Sorry but not good enough.

Goblin

Sorcerer
thats the same as a christian saying "but i dont believe that"
this is Magick it tends to have more backing to it. ya got any?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
When I first joined the RF it kind of ruffled my wings that most here adamantly argued against the Setian idea that Magick was a non-natural phenomenon. Now I find it as an interesting curiosity. Is it really that incomprehensible to identify Magick as something that is not a naturally occurring phenomenon, but as something that is separate and distinct from the natural order of things? I can see the logic in the former, but it bewilders me that some of you can't see the logic in the Setian argument. Just a thought. :D

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Because there no reason to think so.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
thats the same as a christian saying "but i dont believe that"
this is Magick it tends to have more backing to it. ya got any?

Oh, hell how many times have I answered that question? :facepalm: Black Magic is the Art of changing or altering the equilibrium of the Subjective Universe in order to produce a proportionate change in the equilibrium of the Objective Universe in accordance with the individual Will.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Goblin

Sorcerer
Aleister Crowley was one of the first modern occultists to point out that magick doesnt happen just by desiring something, it has to be a natural will our "true will"

the desire that comes from not even thinking, its just there.

if we could just wish things into existence there would be no point in magick at all.
magick provides symbolisms that appeal to us on a subconscious level, & thus do not need to be consciously thought about. so it just happens, because its our true will and not some surface desire.

its an urge and a need triggered by things we feel, see, & experience.
thats how sigils, incense, rituals, and everything else effect us.

we cant just say we want it, we really have to want it.
if it doesnt come naturally it doesnt happen.

there is a swords man in japan who cuts bullets in half by not thinking & instead just feeling. the bullet moves faster than he can think, but he does it anyway.
his true will, his natural inclination or will is to cut the bullet.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Aleister Crowley was one of the first modern occultists to point out that magick doesnt happen just by desiring something, it has to be a natural will our "true will"

the desire that comes from not even thinking, its just there.

if we could just wish things into existence there would be no point in magick at all.
magick provides symbolisms that appeal to us on a subconscious level, & thus do not need to be consciously thought about. so it just happens, because its our true will and not some surface desire.

its an urge and a need triggered by things we feel, see, & experience.
thats how sigils, incense, rituals, and everything else effect us.

we cant just say we want it, we really have to want it.
if it doesnt come naturally it doesnt happen.

there is a swords man in japan who cuts bullets in half by not thinking & instead just feeling. the bullet moves faster than he can think, but he does it anyway.
his true will, his natural inclination or will is to cut the bullet.

And what makes you think any of this is not non-natural, just because it says so? I know the same thing can be said for my own arguments, hence, as I've said, it will always go both ways. :D Another modern Magician said - "From the Ninth Angle is the Flame of the beginning and ending of dimensions, which blazeth in brilliance and darkness unto the glory of Desire!" - Dr. Michael A. Aquino

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
And what makes you think any of this is not non-natural, just because it says so? I know the same thing can be said for my own arguments, hence, as I've said, it will always go both ways. :D Another modern Magician said - "From the Ninth Angle is the Flame of the beginning and ending of dimensions, which blazeth in brilliance and darkness unto the glory of Desire!" - Dr. Michael A. Aquino

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
occams razor. Yours had unnecessary bits.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Bits of woo?
Let ask you why you believe?

Common now Iti oj, after all this time I think you know whose philosophy I adhere to. :D It's a personal choice on my part, just as yours is a personal choice on your part.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Iti oj

Premium Member
Common now Iti oj, after all this time I think you know whose philosophy I adhere to. :D It's a personal choice on my part, just as yours is a personal choice on your part.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Well I hope my post helped enlightened you. I reject the claim for the same reason I reject other "supernatural claims"

Iti oj

Premium Member
Luckily I get to suspend disbelief and do what I want.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Luckily I get to suspend disbelief and do what I want.

Well isn't that part of the point of it all? :D Question all things?! Just because I prefer the philosophy of a specific "religion" doesn't mean I don't question it from time to time. I'm always questioning my own beliefs, that's how I grow in my own individual Understanding. It is also an aspect of Chaos Magick and of...

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Let ask you why you believe?

I prefer the Setian approach because it works for me and inspires me more than other Magical systems have. It's freer and not as narrow or one sided as say the Thelemic/Crowleyan approach or LaVeyan Satanism. However, under the aegis of Set, I do work with certain aspects of the later two.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Goblin

Sorcerer
I suppose my ideas shouldn't be as concretely formed as they are(what Lao Taught called an "overdeveloped intellect")
But it doesn't make any sense to me. Everything in nature is natural, even things like plastic are just natural oils hardened together.
Nature is an all encompassing concept, since nature is the word we use for the whole. Nature is the only thing that exists.
How could anything be deemed unnatural?

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
consciousness isnt intelligence.
consciousness is the mixture of awareness & intelligence.
I wasn't supposed to drop in here, but this prompted me to add a little to your conversation. Neither consciousness, intelligence or awareness are solely human attributes. We're constantly gaining new understanding of the intelligence of animals and often having to re-examine our conceptions of what animals think and feel. Just to give a few examples, in recent years dolphins and other cetaceans have started gaining legal rights much like our human rights; elephants have been shown to understand altruism in experiments requiring team work; we know fish now feel pain and that birds not only remember the face of their enemy, but also spread the knowledge to their peers. It's a highly fascinating subject, but it also raises the question whether we're as unique as we've been led to believe.