• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

chaos magick, & the way of the phychonaut

Goblin

Sorcerer
i never really thought much about the new "chaos magick religion" but have always found more traditional routes to truth and personal inner power more interesting.
like taoism, or hinduism. and as far as religion goes im pretty much a hindu. but outside of forums i dont feel the need to place limiting labels on myself.

me and my friends started what wiccans call a "coven"

my friend Adolf(thats his name, hes not a nazi, in fact hes gay) has been practicing chaos magick(as well as qabbala) for twenty years. he discussed the ins and outs of occult practice & lent me a book called "Liber Null & the phychonaut" which are initiatory texts for the Order Of Thanteros

i got through three chapters and am hooked in gave me realizations that rival that of realizations from reading the bhagavad gita.
since starting to read it, i have regained powers lost since childhood.

they call Brahman/Tao/God/Shunya/Energy; the Kia. and describe methods of manifestation i knew since childhood. but without mental validation i have disregarded such methods for years. there is the energy, and the shapes & patterns of energy(aka the manifestations of energy). then there is the aether the malleable thought world that rests in between nothingness & somethingness... through stilling the mind, giving a dead eye stare, then visualizing, you can make these astral bodies into anything you want, the world follows suit with these astral bodies. i turn my astral body into a shinning God & suddenly people dont want to look me in the eye, girls are very easy to "bag" and i can make money happen at any time.
like magic! lol

by following these methods, i feel very very powerful. i feel like a god.
I can do anything, & i dont have to do anything.
i realized that my mindset from childhood was not the nihilism i had come to believe, but was the source of achievement.

a sorcerer does without lust for results, he does just for the heck of it. lust for results lead to failure, stay calm & play it cool. Nothing matters because energy, nature, or "the Kia" will still exist no matter what. nothing matters because as any sorcerer knows "everything is just an arbitrary gesture.'

forgetting any outcome things just fall in place. without expectations everything that happens suddenly becomes acceptable.

has anyone studied chaos magick. the most common thing people hear is that they make up gods at the drop of a dime. this is true because really your making thought forms that become sentient and have some form of independent decision making.

feedback?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I am hardly a practitioner in magick but I have worked with it before because there are many people on these boards that practice it and it is very inspiring. So I'm not going to have experienced knowledge of magickal practice, only of what I understand over posts of friends who know their stuff on it. However, I do consider myself to be a psychnoaut

Chaos magick is very, very interesting and I see it as having a lot of potential. It's a fine way to experience the fact that the mind is sometimes more powerful than the world.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I practice, but I don't study. Others people work is not chaos magic. Chaos magic is essentially why any form of magic works,

Goblin

Sorcerer
Chaos magic is essentially why any form of magic works,

that makes perfect sense. i dont know how magick could work without understanding chaos magick.

lucifer love and chaos. so do you see lucifer as some sort of bad a*s rebel, while loving everyone. backed by the practice of chaos magick?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I practice, but I don't study. Others people work is not chaos magic. Chaos magic is essentially why any form of magic works,

100% agree. Well said in the last sentence!

I think studying other people's magick is demoting anything though. It might influence some different traditions to draw from.

Goblin

Sorcerer
I am hardly a practitioner in magick but I have worked with it before because there are many people on these boards that practice it and it is very inspiring. So I'm not going to have experienced knowledge of magickal practice, only of what I understand over posts of friends who know their stuff on it. However, I do consider myself to be a psychnoaut

Chaos magick is very, very interesting and I see it as having a lot of potential. It's a fine way to experience the fact that the mind is sometimes more powerful than the world.

well i dont think its that kind of psychonaut, but people do sometimes involve psychedelic drugs in those rituals

Iti oj

Premium Member
that makes perfect sense. i dont know how magick could work without understanding chaos magick.

lucifer love and chaos. so do you see lucifer as some sort of bad a*s rebel, while loving everyone. backed by the practice of chaos magick?

Them people got very good at "suspending disbelief".

Yes, that's how I essentially my view of Lucifer. Think Prometheus.

I independently developed chaos magic on my own to latter find out it was already a thing.

Iti oj

Premium Member
100% agree. Well said in the last sentence!

I think studying other people's magick is demoting anything though. It might influence some different traditions to draw from.

True and pop culture as well. I love working with in the lore from Forgotten Realms, but you need to make it your own.

Iti oj

Premium Member
I'm a egalitarian humanist auto theist. You can understand my sense of being a Lucifer through that.

Goblin

Sorcerer
yeah i agree, i dig lucifer, but i dont dig people getting the wrong idea.
lucifarian beliefs i think stem from the prometheus myths rather than christianity.

people think ya worship satan if ya like the lucifer archtype

i highly recommend this book, youd dig it! it spells out lucifer love and chaos

Iti oj

Premium Member
yeah i agree, i dig lucifer, but i dont dig people getting the wrong idea.
lucifarian beliefs i think stem from the prometheus myths rather than christianity.

people think ya worship satan if ya like the lucifer archtype

i highly recommend this book, youd dig it! it spells out lucifer love and chaos

what book. Some people. But I like to let my actions speak for me, not my titles.

Goblin

Sorcerer
well then brotha God. the book im talking about is "Liber Null & the Psychonaut" the initiatory text for members of the order of thanteros

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
In the sense that I routinely paradigm shift to get things done in my path, you could say I have an affinity for chaos magick. I wouldn't use that label to describe myself, however. I see my path as focusing far less on spellcraft than it does on honoring the gods, though in the broad sense, many of the rituals I do to honor the gods have elements of spellcraft in them. I know of the works you speak of and probably have them in my Book of Shadows, but I have not really looked at it.

Goblin

Sorcerer
dont worry about BS titles, its just an informative read.

i have no intention of joining any order either. i got a coven going anyways

Goblin

Sorcerer
In the sense that I routinely paradigm shift to get things done in my path, you could say I have an affinity for chaos magick. I wouldn't use that label to describe myself, however. I see my path as focusing far less on spellcraft than it does on honoring the gods, though in the broad sense, many of the rituals I do to honor the gods have elements of spellcraft in them. I know of the works you speak of and probably have them in my Book of Shadows, but I have not really looked at it.

Well i think Wicca and similar things are more a devotional system than a system of transformation. not that either is better...in fact i think both are needed to be complete in spiritual practice.