• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Changing the Bible

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For who knows a person's thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 1 Corinthians 2:11

omega2xx

I do not doubt that The Holy Spirit ever dwelled in you, but I know that once being together does not mean always being together.

All Christians can become prodigals, but like the prodigal they always return to their heavenly Father.

>>My guess is that you do not reevaluate much.<<

My guess is that you have no evidence for such a statement. You make it based on one thing---I disagree with you.

An understatement for sure.

It teaches me not to trust myself in the important business of TRUTH.

That is what al knowledgeable Christians---Prov 3:5

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is really simple, folks.

If you trust what is written as though it is from God but it was changed to reflect the opinion of the writer, copyist, translator, etc, then you are trusting in your own opinion of what it means and the very book you say is, "the very words of God" says NOT to do that.

So, why not tell us dummies why you do that?

omega2xx

I'm going to poke my nose in here for fun. :)
The scripture in this instance came from within the people who wrote them.

Glad you jumped in. Now let me poke some fun at you. Opinions are like arm pits. Everyone has 2 of them and the both stink. How do you know that verse is from within?

This presents an interesting idea.
If the words written down were inspired (meaning they came from within) then what is more important, the words they wrote down which can now be corrupted or where the knowledge came from?
Within.

Inspired does not mean came from withing. The literal translation would be "God breathed."

he bible can't be trusted because it is corruptible.

The Bible can't be corrupted, Men's interpretations can be corrupted.

What is not corruptible is the knowledge within.

All understanding comes from within.

ArE you really suggesting that what eve someone thinks inside themselves it can''t be wrong.

Inspiration is such a wonderful thing!

homer_icns_for_osx_lion_folder_by_sheepsound-d4w114z.png

Sarcasm is a wondeful tool, when it is used correctly. You still have ways o go.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
This is really simple, folks.

If you trust what is written as though it is from God but it was changed to reflect the opinion of the writer, copyist, translator, etc, then you are trusting in your own opinion of what it means and the very book you say is, "the very words of God" says NOT to do that.

So, why not tell us dummies why you do that?

Eh? T text parallels the belief, not informs it.
This doesn't mean that the text isn't Divine.
There is different types of divinity in the text.

You are making the mistake of thinking that the book itself is an idol

omega2xx

Eh? T text parallels the belief, not informs it.
This doesn't mean that the text isn't Divine.
There is different types of divinity in the text.

You are making the mistake of thinking that the book itself is an idol

Right. That is common mistake unbelievers make trying to show we are not following the Bible.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Right. That is common mistake unbelievers make trying to show we are not following the Bible.
Catch up. Will you?
I am a believer.

I am trying to show that you ARE following the Bible and therefore you CAN'T also be following The Spirit of God. Even if every word was a reflection of the Spirit of God, that wouldn't mean what was heard even applies to YOU. It is obvious that what was heard applied to the hearer. You and the hearer are different.

omega2xx

Catch up. Will you?
I am a believer.

You may be a believer, but Christians do not worship the Bible. That is an absurd statement.

I am trying to show that you ARE following the Bible and therefore you CAN'T also be following The Spirit of God.

That is no Biblical.

Even if every word was a reflection of the Spirit of God, that wouldn't mean what was heard even applies to YOU. It is obvious that what was heard applied to the hearer. You and the hearer are different.

The whole Bible is for all believers. he Holy Spirit teaches us what the Bible means. We can't learn it on our own, we need the Help;er.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The whole Bible is for all believers.
I thought of something to say. There are believers who are very young. Is all the Bible for them?

There are some believers who have conquered the wicked one. Is all the Bible for them?

allfoak

Alchemist
Glad you jumped in. Now let me poke some fun at you. Opinions are like arm pits. Everyone has 2 of them and the both stink. How do you know that verse is from within?
I am going to have fun or i won't do it.
The verse uses the word inspiration.
You are correct that it means God breathed.
I would suggest that we all have the breath of God in us and therefore are all capable of our own inspiration.

The Bible can't be corrupted, Men's interpretations can be corrupted.
Anything written down is subject to corruption.
Corruption is actually on some level normal.
Children twist and turn language and rules around so much it makes them unrecognizable to the generation that spawned them.
If the Bible was not corrupted it would have been rejected by most and would not have survived as long as it has.

When i try and tell people that the Bible has been corrupted so bad that the original message is almost impossible to discern. i often get laughed at.
I don't know why it is so difficult to believe when the historical writings make it so clear.
Even the Bible itself says that it is corrupted which is completely rejected and twisted by many Christians.
The corruption and inaccuracies along with some of the more outrages verses that have been posted recently are there for a reason.
The book is not a history book it is designed to be a catalyst to gaining knowledge of self.
Why is it so important to know who we are?
Because The Christ is with in us and all we have to do is seek and we will find.
We must become the spotless bride for the bridegroom within.
It is only then will the bridegroom appear.
ArE you really suggesting that what eve someone thinks inside themselves it can''t be wrong.
I am suggesting that the only valid source of knowledge comes from within (Aka the breath of God, that which is called the soul and spirit of man).
If this is not true then we have no way of knowing anything other than relying on what someone else tells us.
Who decided the name of the primary colors and why don't we change them?
Who decides that water is called water?
Who decides that air is called air?
Who decides what i am to believe about anything at all but me?
Get the picture?
Are we nothing but what someone else wants us to be or do we have the ability to know the truth for ourselves?
Is the Truth really able to be contained in a book without the book having to be hidden away for fear of it being corrupted?
This seems rather foolish.
Is not God Truth?
Sarcasm is a wondeful tool, when it is used correctly. You still have ways o go.
I apologize for the misunderstanding it was not meant to be sarcasm.
For those of us old enough to remember, it took a great deal of inspiration to go streaking.

bart_streaking1.gif

omega2xx

Did I say worship?

You did in msg #134

Are you saying that the Bible IS The Spirit of God?

No!

I am very aware that I can't be following TWO leaders. Just one. I choose God. YOU choose something else.

You don't have the ability to know who I chose and this proven by the FACT, that I have chose to follow God.

I don't know what to say.

There are 4 answers: Yes it is---not it isn't---maybe--- maybe not.

omega2xx

You do because I looked up "worship". If you understand something different about what it means to worship, please share it.

One can exhibit any of those definitions, but they do not describe true worship. If I worshiped the Bible I would pray to it and talk to it . I pray to God and let the Bible speak to me.

omega2xx

I thought of something to say. There are believers who are very young. Is all the Bible for them?

Of course. Why would it not be. It is not necessary to understand all of the Bible. Even adults don't understand it all.

There are some believers who have conquered the wicked one. Is all the Bible for them?

Of course. The main purpose of the Bible is not to conquer the wicked one. The minute one is born again, they have conquered the wicked one.
The main purpose of the Bible is to grow in spiritual wisdom and knowledge of God--who He is and what He has done for His children. Through this knowledge we have the assurance of our final destiny.

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world---our faith.

“Good is not always God's will, but God's will is always good.”
Watchman Nee