• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge to Shi'ah: Status of Abu Bakr

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Aaron was a prophet, he was a prophet that guided people and helped moses with his message. Nobody of the companions of the prophets should be compared to him. The Quran mentions Aaron, i think the comparison is really inappropriate.

I can't really see what difference does it make who was better than who though? I mean they were all the companions of the prophet (pbuh), they all helped him spread the message, what's the point of damaging the name of any of them, or proving that one is better than the other. I can't see why should that be such a big deal. I don't know the effect of that on our religion.

I love Allah
I love prophet Mohamed prayes and peace upon him
I love Abu Bakr (رضى الله عنه)who is being loved by prophet Mohamed prayes and peace upon him & was selected as the second Islamic Leader in Islam by acceptance of the overwhelming majority of Muslims.
I love Omar(رضى الله عنه), Othman (رضى الله عنه) & Ali(رضى الله عنه) who followed Abubakr as leaders.

Who ever hates Caliph Abu Bakr (رضى الله عنه) & Omar (رضى الله عنه) is against Ali (رضى الله عنه), as he loved them & they loved him. Ali (رضى الله عنه), named 2 of his sons Abubakar & Omar.
You can never name your childern by the names of people you hate but the people you love.

Last edited:

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Who said Ali hated Abu Bakr and Umar? He didn't hate them, they hated him and despitefully used him and mistreated him after the death of the Prophet. I don't think Ali was a hateful person. He was like the Prophet too much.

gruggle10

Who said Ali hated Abu Bakr and Umar? He didn't hate them, they hated him and despitefully used him and mistreated him after the death of the Prophet. I don't think Ali was a hateful person. He was like the Prophet too much.
but syiah hate them.and abu bakr and umar are not mistreated him

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Gruggle I beg to differ. Lady Fatimah was martyred by the followers of Abu Bakr. Then the followers of Abu Bakr and Umar (Sunnis) mistreated the descendents of Ali, the Imams.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Gruggle I beg to differ. Lady Fatimah was martyred by the followers of Abu Bakr. Then the followers of Abu Bakr and Umar (Sunnis) mistreated the descendents of Ali, the Imams.

Who said that sunni Muslims are the "followers" of Abu Bakr and umar?

They are the followers of the prophet (pbuh), not following any particular companion of the prophet (pbuh).

Last edited:

Starsoul

Truth
Unfortunately many of the Non shia Muslims are wahabis...
There are among them also those supporting alqaeda.

I dont even know whether to laugh at this statement or cry. Speaks volumes of the prejudice you speak with, ' All non shias = wahabis= alqaeda=nonmuslims = i better get my pill' .Great equation of a retarted equilibrium. Even alqaeda would roll its missions up in protest of that.

Do you know that the well known Illuminatis, call Ahmedinejad their favorite muslim leader and their companion? so should the non-shias put that equation together too? :sarcastic

Last edited:

Starsoul

Truth

None of the companions hated any of the companions. They had differences of opinions, and having a different opinion to something with someone ,is Not hate. It is Not for US to decide who was right or wrong because all these people that we are talking about are extremely respectable figures of Islam.

The religion, Allah, the Prophets or his companions, Never allowed anyone to judge someone out of their own personal opinion. And this is something that NOBODY has any real knowledge of, we were not there when these things happened, and this conversation is totally meaningless and prohibited by Islamic standards. Islam does not even support ridicule of non-believers, then how can any Muslim try to indulge in extreme blasphemy of characterizing the Companions of the Prophet? It just seems like a huge attempt to further the gaps INTENTIONALLY amongst the Muslim Ummah.

A Muslim does not speculate and nurture ill sentiments for the figures of Islam. Full stop. All others engaging in that brawl are childish dim wits who cannot think of a better thing to discuss.

Starsoul

Truth
We do accept him as the first caliph, however the facts show that the first Caliph should have been Ali as the Shia say. Just because history didn't play out that way doesn't change the fact.

And we are not an offshoot of the Khawarij.

Whats the point if you did not accept him as the first Caliph? Does his Caliphate change, No.

Does his respect change, No.

Does it make any difference now? No.

What is the point in taking out confusions of a thousand yr old or so, now where there is no relevance? Maybe Hazrat Muhammad SAWW wanted Hazrat Ali to be the first Caliph, But Maybe Allah had planned otherwise?

All great historians agree that the time when Hazrat Ali was appointed as the CAliph was So important, that Only he could handle it the right way and He did handle it quite well indeed. Maybe he got more sawab out of it by adopting patience the first 3 times.

Being a Caliph is not a small thing, Nobody used to demand to be one, people used to come and do "bayt" on the Hands of the person they trusted the most. All four Caliphates were very firm in their position of referral, and All four did become the Caliph, just in a different order, so why cry over that instead of being accepting of God's will?

And move on to other important topics.