• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge: I'm willing to convert if.......

Madsaac

Anyone can prove that the miracles of any kind in the major religious texts, actually happened.

Yes, that's right I am happy to become a Christian or a Muslim.

However, if these miracles cannot be proven, then you must reflect on your belief and the possibility that you believe in what you do, because of your upbringing.

Do not be afraid.

ajay0

The function of authentic religion is to create a strong and good human being with good moral value systems, fit to perform his allotted duties in life. This is a miracle in itself.

Science can enhance the knowledge of the material world, create skepticism about religious mythologies and is useful in eradicating superstition, but it is not capable of providing a moral dimension to humanity. All of the world's wmd's were created by scientists and engineers.

“Science does not have a moral dimension. It is like a knife. If you give it to a surgeon or a murderer, each will use it differently.”
— Wernher von Braun

Madsaac

The function of authentic religion is to create a strong and good human being with good moral value systems, fit to perform his allotted duties in life. This is a miracle in itself.

Science can enhance the knowledge of the material world, create skepticism about religious mythologies and is useful in eradicating superstition, but it is not capable of providing a moral dimension to humanity. All of the world's wmd's were created by scientists and engineers.

Yes, whatever, but I was asking you to prove the miracles so I can become someone like you

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
Anyone can prove that the miracles of any kind in the major religious texts, actually happened.

However, if these miracles cannot be proven, then you must reflect on your belief and the possibility that you believe in what you do, because of your upbringing.

Do not be afraid.
Miracles are to strengthen those who already trust the giver of the miracle (God). Long-ago miracles cannot be proven by men to anyone. Miracles happen today. I have witnessed them; been involved in their occurrence. Nor can these contemporary miracles be proven to anyone by another. But they are real, as is God.

Bad information leads to distrust in, and of, God. Which results in no miracles in that person's life. Or it results in that person not being able to discern miracles in his life. Sounds like you've been given bad information.

Last edited:

chinu

chinu

Do not be afraid.
There's a magician and a boy who is his real son.

Now, does this magician need to show some magic to that boy in order to prove himself as his father ?

There's a Father -nd- Son relationship between God -nd- His creation.
There's NOT Magician -nd- Audience relationship between God -nd- His creation.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

Or, you might reflect on why someone would want as a convert a person who would pose such a silly ask. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Do not be afraid.
Does someone's feeling constitute proof?
How about pictures of statues bleeding?
Or claims found on the internet?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"The function"?
There is that singular function, & no other?
I see more....
- Coerce people into tithing.
-Urge them to fight wars against the other.
- Impose moral values other than the good kind.
- Provide power over others to those who seek it.
-And to simply behave as scripture prescribes & proscribes,
with no rhyme or reason other than it says so.

Last edited:

jimb

Premium Member

Do not be afraid.

Since I was healed while in the hospital by Jesus Christ, so I don't need to prove anything to myself or others.

jimb

Premium Member
"The function"?
There is that singular function, & no other?
I see more....
- Coerce people into tithing.
-Urge them to fight wars against the other.
- Impose moral values other than the good kind.
- Provide power over others to those who seek it.
-And to simply behave as scripture prescribes & proscribes,
with no rhyme or reason other than it says so.

Why engage in this kind of sophistry? Stating "the function..." does not exclude other purposes and actions.

On the other hand, your "reasons" are all negative and absurd.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why engage in this kind of sophistry? Stating "the function..." does not exclude other purposes and actions.
What you call "sophistry", I call addressing
the un-mentioned darker side of religion.
We shouldn't sanitize something that has
some hideous warts.
On the other hand, your "reasons" are all negative and absurd.
No argument about your characterization of them.
Nonetheless, those problems exist in spades.
Let's not ignore them.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Do not be afraid.

Come on... You know how this ends.

Muffled

Jesus in me

Do not be afraid.
I believe I can lol. The proof is all around you but you only see with eyes of skepticism.