• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cats or Dogs

Do you prefer cats, dogs, either, both, other or none

• Cats

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Dogs

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Either

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Both

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shad

Veteran Member
I voted dogs, cats are cool and can be funny, I prefer dogs because they're buddies, you can go to the pub with a dog, go to the beach,exercise.

Some dogs are the best wingmen. I had a 3 legged dog women loved. It was like he was a light and women were moths.

Shad

Veteran Member
How did he cope with lamposts

He had no issues balancing on two legs. The dog was built like a mack truck due to the time he spent outdoors with me so very fit and experienced with any mobility issue. He was 3 legged shortly after birth as his leg broke from jumping off of furniture. It didn't heal right so was removed.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
He had no issues balancing on two legs. The dog was built like a mack truck due to the time he spent outdoors with me so very fit and experienced with any mobility issue. He was 3 legged shortly after birth as his leg broke from jumping off of furniture. It didn't heal right so was removed.

That's really cool, it's great he had you.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
And I him. He lived for 18 years and only was put down due to a stroke which disabled everything from lower back and on. He couldn't walk so there was little choice

Its a choice for quality of life, 18 is an amazing age for a dog so the right one Imo, doesn't make it easier of course.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Dogs. I've had cats my entire life due to my mom being somewhat of a cat lady. I still have one of her cats, since she passed away. I like cats but they're not all that special to me since I've always lived with one. With a few exceptions in my experience, they just do what they please and the bond formed isn't as strong (again, there's been some exceptions).

I prefer dogs because you can do much more with them and the bond tends to be much stronger. You can walk them and play with them more. There's a much stronger sense of them needing you. They rejoice when you come home and are sorrowful when you leave. They are grateful when you feed them. They follow you around to each room and sleep with you on the bed. Meanwhile cats just don't care what you do as long as you feed them and change their litter. At least that's how the one I have now is. I don't like her very much, honestly. Lol.

Also, I wanted a dog for much of my life. I dreamed of having one but couldn't due to circumstances. I finally got the dog of my dreams but my dream was shattered and he was basically stolen from me. I'll never know what happened to him. I hope he is happy and healthy. Maybe he will forget me. I didn't abandon him. :( He was my mom's last gift to me. Oh, well. I have to move on. Now I have a female pitbull that I got from the pound.

Last edited:

Milton Platt

This topic has been posted before, a search shows the last one in 2012. Time for a rehash.

Question : Do you prefer cats, dogs, either, both, other or none.

Also if you would, could you please explain your choice and perhaps even add a little story of your pet(s)

I go with either. Over the years we have had a Pomeranian, later we adopted a Border Collie. Both dogs unfortunately gone. We now have our fourth and fifth cat, I shall call them X and Y for now. Both adopted, X from a rescue centre. When our matriarch died, X pined, for months she would hunt the house looking for her boss. Howling in the night, jumping to investigate any noise. We made a decision to adopt another cat to ease Xs stress. A new kitten arrived, X hated (and still hates) the intruder but she has stopped fretting.

My little story concerns the younger cat, Y. Soon after we acquired Y she was named. The name didn't really suite her but it was the kids choice.

One night my husband got up go to the toilet, in the dark he tripped over Y and let forth a powerful expletive.

Next morning the kids asked, "what did daddy shout last night?"

My mind raced and came up with a suitable answer for children. From that day on our new cat has been known as "Cooking Fat"

I have had both, but lean towards the feline side of the debate. I like cats for one of the reasons some peoole do not....their independent nature.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't like cats, and it baffles me how people try to spin their lack of loyalty and obedience as positive traits.

Lack of loyalty?. Ive know several dogs who have been lost because they have toddled off with a stranger who gave them a biscuit or threw them a ball. You usually need a lot of patience to get a cat to trust a person enough to hijack them. When a cat shows loyalty (which they do) it is because it is earned.

One does not have a cat for it to do tricks. Some people respect independence.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Many people are. I have neighbours we visit regularly, both they are allergic to cats so have never stepped into our house.
The funny thing is, we used to have a cat when I was a kid and I was never allergic to her. Since she died, I'm now horribly allergic to cats.
If I have to visit people with cats I just take some Benadryl and I'm usually alright.
Maybe keep some Benadryl on hand for your neighbour. ;) :D

For the record, I have nothing against cats. I just prefer dogs because I don't have to be drugged up to be around them.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Sea Monke
Lack of loyalty?. Ive know several dogs who have been lost because they have toddled off with a stranger who gave them a biscuit or threw them a ball. You usually need a lot of patience to get a cat to trust a person enough to hijack them. When a cat shows loyalty (which they do) it is because it is earned.

One does not have a cat for it to do tricks. Some people respect independence.
Goldfish are pretty independent, too.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Me and my wife love cats. We have four of them. One we adopted from Animal Shelter and the others were found in my garage as kittens from a stray group of cats that hung around the place one Summer. I managed to trap the mother and ended up taking care of the whole brood for a season. Mother was spayed and released back into the wild, and the kittens are still with me. Of course they're not kittens anymore. Mom used to come back and visit the house I gave her food and water but she never came back after the winter. I think the group she was with moved on.

They're all affectionate wonderful animals and a great joy. I from time to time tell Mommy that wherever she is, that her kittens are doing fine.