• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cats or Dogs

Do you prefer cats, dogs, either, both, other or none

• Cats

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Dogs

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Either

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Both

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This topic has been posted before, a search shows the last one in 2012. Time for a rehash.

Question : Do you prefer cats, dogs, either, both, other or none.

Also if you would, could you please explain your choice and perhaps even add a little story of your pet(s)

I go with either. Over the years we have had a Pomeranian, later we adopted a Border Collie. Both dogs unfortunately gone. We now have our fourth and fifth cat, I shall call them X and Y for now. Both adopted, X from a rescue centre. When our matriarch died, X pined, for months she would hunt the house looking for her boss. Howling in the night, jumping to investigate any noise. We made a decision to adopt another cat to ease Xs stress. A new kitten arrived, X hated (and still hates) the intruder but she has stopped fretting.

My little story concerns the younger cat, Y. Soon after we acquired Y she was named. The name didn't really suite her but it was the kids choice.

One night my husband got up go to the toilet, in the dark he tripped over Y and let forth a powerful expletive.

Next morning the kids asked, "what did daddy shout last night?"

My mind raced and came up with a suitable answer for children. From that day on our new cat has been known as "Cooking Fat"

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
we have recently lost a favored pet
her name was Ceres

best puppy minded dog we ever had

she became diabetic
probably the damn dog food they claim to be soooooo good for them

during her last few years we fed her meat
we gave her shots

and she would flop her head on our knee for petting

when she was younger, she was one of those frisbee dogs
run like crazy and snatch it from the air

we miss her

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I've bonded more with the dogs I've had than the cats. But I said "both" because I think that it's in their nature that such a difference exists. Both are amazing.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Cats, they seem more independent to me. Dogs are too needy for my tastes. Of course maybe the fact I was attacked by a dog and had to go to the the hospital when I was 4 might have something to do with it as well.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Dogs for obvious reasons.
38878164_2214021465293997_4096458464539181056_n.jpg

ChristineM

Premium Member
Cats, they seem more independent to me. Dogs are too needy for my tastes. Of course maybe the fact I was attacked by a dog and had to go to the the hospital when I was 4 might have something to do with it as well.

When you call your dog it will come to you, when you call your cat it will it will take a message and may get back to you sometime.

Probably at feeding time.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Dogs. :dog:

I'm not fond of cats but they do like me; if I go to a cat owners house, the cat is on my knee as soon as I sit down.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
When you call your dog it will come to you, when you call your cat it will it will take a message and may get back to you sometime.

Probably at feeding time.

Or the cat will simply go out and find a rat to eat when it's hungry. :p

Dogs. And I'm with Mark Twain when he said, "The more I know of dogs and men, the more I prefer dogs."

I've got nothing against cats though.
This is my favourite phrase right now!! ;):cool: Mark Twain was indeed a smart man and this phrase perfectly fits my understanding of the human and doggy race.. LOL

I like both to be honest. Although right now I would say I prefer dogs due to the fact two days ago I got terrified (I nearly had a panic attack and had to call my mum to save me..haha) of a black cat who often comes to my garden.. I'm still a little shook but nevertheless I find both dogs and cats adorable and great companions. When I'm older I'm definitely going to have a dog and a cat :)

ChristineM

Premium Member
Dogs. :dog:

I'm not fond of cats but they do like me; if I go to a cat owners house, the cat is on my knee as soon as I sit down.

I have that problem, ive earned the nickname "la dame au chat", the cat lady.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I voted dogs, cats are cool and can be funny, I prefer dogs because they're buddies, you can go to the pub with a dog, go to the beach,exercise.

I have part ownership of four dogs, all rescue and they are a little pack, they are team players,cats on the other hand are lazy and wonder why humans bother to do stuff.

I had a cat, I found it as a kitten and nurtured it, it would bring gifts of birds mice and stuff and dump them at my feed, some still alive, she then moved in with the neighbours and I was happy with that, dogs rule.

David T

Premium Member
This topic has been posted before, a search shows the last one in 2012. Time for a rehash.

Question : Do you prefer cats, dogs, either, both, other or none.

Also if you would, could you please explain your choice and perhaps even add a little story of your pet(s)

I go with either. Over the years we have had a Pomeranian, later we adopted a Border Collie. Both dogs unfortunately gone. We now have our fourth and fifth cat, I shall call them X and Y for now. Both adopted, X from a rescue centre. When our matriarch died, X pined, for months she would hunt the house looking for her boss. Howling in the night, jumping to investigate any noise. We made a decision to adopt another cat to ease Xs stress. A new kitten arrived, X hated (and still hates) the intruder but she has stopped fretting.

My little story concerns the younger cat, Y. Soon after we acquired Y she was named. The name didn't really suite her but it was the kids choice.

One night my husband got up go to the toilet, in the dark he tripped over Y and let forth a powerful expletive.

Next morning the kids asked, "what did daddy shout last night?"

My mind raced and came up with a suitable answer for children. From that day on our new cat has been known as "Cooking Fat"
I have been refered to as a dog because of my cat like tendencies.

Shad

Veteran Member
For pets in the house it is dogs for me as I am allergic to cats. For farm animals cats were fine outside if the cats were mousers, and dogs for herding and protection. No ferals (happens on farms)

Stories.... Well one of our German Shepard prevented multiple crimes against family members. Twice strangers in a group of 2 and group of 4 enter our property without permission. They refused to answer questions and refused to leave the property. So we let the dog loose. The dog already sensed something was wrong with these people and was freaking out. It never freaked out at strangers without malicious intent. After being chased from the property each group went on to assault and rob seniors on other farms. In hindsight we should of shot the people in the groups but didn't have a legal reason to do so at the time.

When I was 3-5 a different GS would "herd me" out of dangerous areas like the cattle and horse pens as I explored the farm and fields. I ranged far in those days with that dog. Modern parents would freak at the amount of freedom I had. Still it was a blast from what I can remember. Different era I guess.

Funny story. A friend of mine and I were talking. Said friend had a subway sub. He had taunted my rat terrier with it. During the course of the conversation said friend lowered his sub to his side low near his leg. So my dog grabbed the sub in such a sneaky way no one noticed. He never even noticed a weight difference nor any feeling of the sub being removed from his grasp. So eventually my friend went to take a bite of the sub no longer his in hand. Hand motion from his side to his mouth, realization the sub is not there, thinking process look, error look, realization the dog ate the sub, anger. I was laughing my butt off for a few minutes.