• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catholic radio is full of kooky stuff regarding sexuality.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Sorry, I'm not a Buddhist for that reason. Jesus said to have joy. Joy comes from loving others. I don't believe in accepting my circumstances. God changes things for me. I believe in prayer.
Then you should continue follow what you see as the right path for you. i am not against Christianity, I just follow buddhism as my spiritual path

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am a buddhist, not a christian. But i have a genuine interest in all form of religions or spiritual living. Yes i have a basic knowledge of how to find answers in the bible.
I dont judge those who are Homosexual, in this thread i oly answer to my ability of what the bible say about the topic
Then why take the Adam and Eve myth seriously? Or for that matter anything on homosexuality? I thought that Buddhists did not have that sort of nonsense.

Neutral Name

I shall believe as I wish. I still take the side of the gay-affirming churches. I get tired of hearing Catholic radio gay-bashing day after day in my kitchen while cooking or doing dishes. Catholic radio seems so fixated on ex talk. How impressive and "refreshingly-non tiresome" is that? Trying to get me to side with the gay-bashers is about as productive as beating a dead horse. Lately, I've been turning off my radio more and more and putting hunting and gun videos on my TV as well as CNN and Fox News. I hate CNN's gun-rights-bashing as well.

I wish the rainbow churches would have their own pro-gay radio programs.

Nobody here wants to comment on what I said about II Samuel. The hypocrites censor unfavorable parts of the Good Book as always. The same hypocrites will eat shrimp cocktails and crab salad ignoring the OT laws against shellfish consumption. I believe Paul says in the NT that we are dead to the old law but alive in the Spirit under the new law of love.

Please give me the Samuel II passages. I am going to try to look them up. I am pro LGTBQ+

Neutral Name

These are just new phony "translations" of the original King James Version. Somebody put newfangled words in the "bible's" mouth.

I am always amazed at all of the translations. There are so many different viewpoints depending on which version you use. Words are changed. Where is the original version? I would like to know what the Bible actually says.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am always amazed at all of the translations. There are so many different viewpoints depending on which version you use. Words are changed. Where is the original version? I would like to know what the Bible actually says.
The Bible has a more complex history than most Christians are aware of. Before the Council of Nicea there were quite a few different competing gospels. And the Old Testament is quite a bit younger than most realize.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I'm hearing:

1. homesexuality is evil
2. the scriptures condemn homosexuality
3. sex is only for procreation
4. God does not approve of contraceptives
5. homosexualty is "false" love
6. sexual orientation is a "choice"

I don't personally believe above in any of the above.

II Samuel reveals a love between King David and Jonathan. King David favored the love for Jonathan over the love of women. There is nothing false about King David's love for Jonathan.

Homosexuality, bisexuality and hetrosexuality are all natural in spite of the claims of some. Some people are born inclined toward one orientation over another. Many of us are probably more bisexual than we realize. Many "heterosexual" relationships are probably largely forced by some societal code. Pretending to be hetero and living in that mold is living a lie. It's phony. Nobody that I know of fakes homosexuality or bisexuality. Burn that closet down once and for all.

People often don't feel free to engage in the kind of sexuality that mother nature called them to participate in.

There is nothing in the Holy Bible that is written that will have me believing that if one man's penis goes into another man's rectum that either of the men are going to forever burn in hell.

I stand with gay-affirming churches on homsexuality and bisexualty.

I have no problem with using condoms or having vasectomies to control population. Wise and compassionate people should learn to adopt children in need of homes and stop that egotistical reproduction just for the sake of selfishness. A true Christian parent could love a child not even of his or her own blood just the same.Think of that old couple in Superman with Christopher Reeve and Marlon Brando, 1978. The baby boy comes from outer space with a big bang and they adopt and take him into their arms and their home as a gift from God in their own way of believing.

Here is where I do agree with Catholic and/or other Christian churches:

1. no abortion except to save the life of the mother or in case of rape or incest
2. no cloning, test-tube babies, embryo implants/transplants or otherwise manufacturing "human beings"
3. I believe new life should be made as God had intended as in "Adam knew his wife Eve and she conceived"

I don't have a problem with fit-to-parent-and-provide-with-love same-sex couples' adopting or fostering children. Many hetrosexual parents are abusive, unfit, unloving and deadbeats.
The Catholic church doesn't teach sexual orientation is a choice, and it certainly doesn't condemn homosexuality. I think your radio might be broken.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm hearing:

1. homesexuality is evil
2. the scriptures condemn homosexuality
3. sex is only for procreation
4. God does not approve of contraceptives
5. homosexualty is "false" love
6. sexual orientation is a "choice"

I don't personally believe above in any of the above.

II Samuel reveals a love between King David and Jonathan. King David favored the love for Jonathan over the love of women. There is nothing false about King David's love for Jonathan.

Homosexuality, bisexuality and hetrosexuality are all natural in spite of the claims of some. Some people are born inclined toward one orientation over another. Many of us are probably more bisexual than we realize. Many "heterosexual" relationships are probably largely forced by some societal code. Pretending to be hetero and living in that mold is living a lie. It's phony. Nobody that I know of fakes homosexuality or bisexuality. Burn that closet down once and for all.

People often don't feel free to engage in the kind of sexuality that mother nature called them to participate in.

There is nothing in the Holy Bible that is written that will have me believing that if one man's penis goes into another man's rectum that either of the men are going to forever burn in hell.

I stand with gay-affirming churches on homsexuality and bisexualty.

I have no problem with using condoms or having vasectomies to control population. Wise and compassionate people should learn to adopt children in need of homes and stop that egotistical reproduction just for the sake of selfishness. A true Christian parent could love a child not even of his or her own blood just the same.Think of that old couple in Superman with Christopher Reeve and Marlon Brando, 1978. The baby boy comes from outer space with a big bang and they adopt and take him into their arms and their home as a gift from God in their own way of believing.

Here is where I do agree with Catholic and/or other Christian churches:

1. no abortion except to save the life of the mother or in case of rape or incest
2. no cloning, test-tube babies, embryo implants/transplants or otherwise manufacturing "human beings"
3. I believe new life should be made as God had intended as in "Adam knew his wife Eve and she conceived"

I don't have a problem with fit-to-parent-and-provide-with-love same-sex couples' adopting or fostering children. Many hetrosexual parents are abusive, unfit, unloving and deadbeats.
God's billing says that [he]'s omnipotent, omniscient and created the universe. It follows that there's no such thing as theological freewill, since it's impossible for anyone to do anything that God had not already perfectly foreseen and willed before [he] created the universe, and it's impossible that homosexuality, and anything good, and anything bad, and anything else, exists except in accordance with [his] will.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
An institution that has systematically raped children for decades - if not centuries - and consistently attempted to either downplay, excuse, or cover-up such crimes isn't in a position to dictate "sexual morality" to others. It baffles me that people still regard them as an authority on anything in the modern world.

JJ50

An institution that has systematically raped children for decades - if not centuries - and consistently attempted to either downplay, excuse, or cover-up such crimes isn't in a position to dictate "sexual morality" to others. It baffles me that people still regard them as an authority on anything in the modern world.
Good post.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
If king James write homosexuality is ok by God, his translation is wrong

King James did not use the word "homosexual" (or any of its inflections) because the word did not exist until the late 1800s when it was coined. From words in two languages no less: Greek homo, same; Latin sexualis, sex. Homo in Latin means "man". Homosexual cannot mean "man-sex" because there are female homosexuals, as Sophia Petrillo pointed out ("Yeah, they're called lesbians"). No one really knows what the words Paul used meant, or what Paul was trying to say. Paul used language that was arcane even in his time. Simply put, people listened to Paul and went "wut da... !?" :confused:o_O

sealchan

The bible dont condem those who are homosexual or other forms of sexual orientation, but it condemn the action these people take when having sex with a same-sex person, So it is the act that is a sin, not the person who happens to be homosexual.
But from a biblical standpoint it only speak about Christians/Catholics not for example atheists

Except that the sexual impulse and the instinctual gratification and the trust and intimacy that sharing this sort of contact entails cannot be considered a sin if it is biologically determined. The Bible assumes that sex is for procreation only and outside of that it is a sin. This is, however, an incorrect belief and the Bible is wrong on that count.

Road Less Traveled

Almost everywhere is kooky stuff. People thinking they are getting a lovely chocolate doughnut but are truly just getting dog shi* wrapped in chocolate, with perhaps powdered sugar and sprinkles on top.