• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catholic radio is full of kooky stuff regarding sexuality.

JJ50

So what if something is in the Bible, if it wrong and unjust it should be ignored. Much of what is attributed to god is very nasty indeed.

Neutral Name

I'm hearing:

1. homesexuality is evil
2. the scriptures condemn homosexuality
3. sex is only for procreation
4. God does not approve of contraceptives
5. homosexualty is "false" love
6. sexual orientation is a "choice"

I don't personally believe above in any of the above.

II Samuel reveals a love between King David and Jonathan. King David favored the love for Jonathan over the love of women. There is nothing false about King David's love for Jonathan.

Homosexuality, bisexuality and hetrosexuality are all natural in spite of the claims of some. Some people are born inclined toward one orientation over another. Many of us are probably more bisexual than we realize. Many "heterosexual" relationships are probably largely forced by some societal code. Pretending to be hetero and living in that mold is living a lie. It's phony. Nobody that I know of fakes homosexuality or bisexuality. Burn that closet down once and for all.

People often don't feel free to engage in the kind of sexuality that mother nature called them to participate in.

There is nothing in the Holy Bible that is written that will have me believing that if one man's penis goes into another man's rectum that either of the men are going to forever burn in hell.

I stand with gay-affirming churches on homsexuality and bisexualty.

I have no problem with using condoms or having vasectomies to control population. Wise and compassionate people should learn to adopt children in need of homes and stop that egotistical reproduction just for the sake of selfishness. A true Christian parent could love a child not even of his or her own blood just the same.Think of that old couple in Superman with Christopher Reeve and Marlon Brando, 1978. The baby boy comes from outer space with a big bang and they adopt and take him into their arms and their home as a gift from God in their own way of believing.

Here is where I do agree with Catholic and/or other Christian churches:

1. no abortion except to save the life of the mother or in case of rape or incest
2. no cloning, test-tube babies, embryo implants/transplants or otherwise manufacturing "human beings"
3. I believe new life should be made as God had intended as in "Adam knew his wife Eve and she conceived"

I don't have a problem with fit-to-parent-and-provide-with-love same-sex couples' adopting or fostering children. Many hetrosexual parents are abusive, unfit, unloving and deadbeats.

I absolutely love 99% of what you said. I just have one comment.
"1. no abortion except to save the life of the mother or in case of rape or incest"

There is so much to be said here. What about people who make a mistake and create an embryo but can't afford to care for a child or would be bad parents to that child. If Christians were doing what they are supposed to do, they would help the mother and take the child so that it would have a good home. If they don't do that, not only are they not doing what they are supposed to be doing, but the child will have a hellish life. Which is worse, not being born or being born into hell? I would say that the later is worse.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That's why it's done on earth, silly!
In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here.
On earth humans have attachments to feeling, wanting, sex, like, dislike, greed, and so on, to get to heaven one must let go of all of this and have no attachment to it. But the Church does not teach this today.

Neutral Name

On earth humans have attachments to feeling, wanting, sex, like, dislike, greed, and so on, to get to heaven one must let go of all of this and have no attachment to it. But the Church does not teach this today.

Absolutely true, many churches are teaching the prosperity gospel which is nonexistent-not in the Bible-a total lie.

Last edited:

Neutral Name

what is evil? In this context that homosexual act is by God is seen as a sin?
You do know that in heaven there is nothing called sex?

I believe that, since God is love, God is happy with any love-gay or straight. God isn't as happy with lack of love as happens in many heterosexual marriages. I'm sure that God is more understanding than many people make God out to be.

Jonathan Bailey

Sex only seems natural to living creatures in the flesh.

You say die to our earthly nature?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I believe that, since God is love, God is happy with any love-gay or straight. God isn't as happy with lack of love as happens in many heterosexual marriages. I'm sure that God is more understanding than many people make God out to be.
God love the humans when they do as the teaching say, that is the only way in to heaven. if one does not follow Gods teaching there is no place for them in Christian paradise

Jonathan Bailey

I prefer to call heterosexual people heterosexual or hetero for short. The term STRAIGHT implies that homosexuals are "deviant". The term queer implies homosexuals are "circus freaks".

Speaking of circus freaks, I've seen several deformed faces down here in Oklahoma and Texas, you know those "queer" haters who wave bibles like American flags. A sure sign of inbreeding: a total sin against nature and God. What did Jesus say about incest?

Last edited:

Neutral Name

From king James translation of bible.

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (Read More...)

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Romans 1:26-28 - For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: (Read More...)

1 Timothy 1:10 - For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Mark 10:6-9 - But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. (Read More...)

"1 Corinthians 6:9-11 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (Read More...)

1 Timothy 1:10 - For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

Why don't Christians attack fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, whoremongers, liars, perjured persons, and any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine like they attack homosexuals?

For all have sinned and fallen short. (That would include you). You are not God.

Do not judge. Judgement is mine sayeth the Lord.

No sin is unforgivable except blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Do you need me to provide the passages? I will be happy to do so but you seem to know some of the Bible.

Matthew 22:36-40
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

1 John
4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Do you have any love in your heart? If not, you don't know Jesus and so you are not a Christian.

Neutral Name

I prefer to call heterosexual people heterosexual or hetero for short. The term STRAIGHT implies that homosexuals are "deviant". The term queer implies homosexuals are "circus freaks".

Speaking of circus freaks, I've seen several deformed faces down here in Oklahoma and Texas, you know those "queer" haters who wave bibles like American flags. A sure sign of inbreeding: a total sin against nature and God. What did Jesus say about incest?

I just fell in love with you.

Neutral Name

Sorry, I'm not a Buddhist for that reason. Jesus said to have joy. Joy comes from loving others. I don't believe in accepting my circumstances. God changes things for me. I believe in prayer.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
"1 Corinthians 6:9-11 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (Read More...)

1 Timothy 1:10 - For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

Why don't Christians attack fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, whoremongers, liars, perjured persons, and any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine like they attack homosexuals?

For all have sinned and fallen short. (That would include you). You are not God.

Do not judge. Judgement is mine sayeth the Lord.

No sin is unforgivable except blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Do you need me to provide the passages? I will be happy to do so but you seem to know some of the Bible.

Matthew 22:36-40
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

1 John
4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Do you have any love in your heart? If not, you don't know Jesus and so you are not a Christian.
I am a buddhist, not a christian. But i have a genuine interest in all form of religions or spiritual living. Yes i have a basic knowledge of how to find answers in the bible.
I dont judge those who are Homosexual, in this thread i oly answer to my ability of what the bible say about the topic