• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Capital punishment for masturbation

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
my point is that the Talmud says that masturbators deserve death.

But are Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Heathens, Pagans, or any other non-Jewish religions bound by the Talmud?

Moreover, what are the criteria for joining the MPD (Masturbation Police Force)? Do they get badges and guns? Do they do strip searches? Do we get microchips implanted in our hands and privates to record this abominable act? These issues need to wanked, er I mean worked out.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
"But why all these precautions? — Because otherwise one might emit semen in vain, and R. Johanan stated: Whosoever emits semen in vain deserves death, for it is said in Scripture,
'And the thing which he did was evil in the sight of the LORD; and He slew him also.' (Genesis 38:10)"

— Babylon Talmud, Tractate Niddah, p. 13a
Judaism and masturbation - Wikipedia

If everyone that masturbated or contracepted was put to death, how many people would we have left?

Every sperm is sacred!
Supposedly, masturbation is how Aleister Crowley sacrificed children which seemed a reaction to Catholicism. As much as I have enjoyed some of Crowley's books he still comes across overall as a trust fund baby that had too much time and money on his hands, if he had to work for a living I would imagine he would have been too busy to indulge all of his drug and alcohol addictions and whims and we may have never heard of him.

Tumah

Veteran Member
"But why all these precautions? — Because otherwise one might emit semen in vain, and R. Johanan stated: Whosoever emits semen in vain deserves death, for it is said in Scripture,
'And the thing which he did was evil in the sight of the LORD; and He slew him also.' (Genesis 38:10)"

If everyone that masturbated or contracepted was put to death, how many people would we have left?
This doesn't mean the court can kill him, it means G-d will.

Tmac

Look into Tantric yoga, bro.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
Personally, I think these later writers misunderstood what was being said in that story.

Masturbation isn't the sin.

Going in and having sex with your dead brother's wife, under the guise of conceiving an heir for that brother, then at the last minute spilling the seed so your brother won't have an heir, is the sin.

So Coitus Interruptus is the sin punishable by 'death'?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
So Coitus Interruptus is the sin punishable by 'death'?

Funny. LOL! :p

But seriously, it was a sin to sleep with a brother's wife. The exception was a law (Levirate "marriage") which said if the brother died before producing an heir, - his brother would perform the duty of having sex with his brother's wife to produce a - blood - heir, for his brother.

When he had sex with her - and then spilled his seed - he didn't complete the law, and that sex with her would be under false pretenses - and thus rape.

So he committed two sins, not doing his Levirate duty, and rape.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Well I would still live. The mere notion of my bodily fluids that she calls her favorite being put anywhere else not on/in her is offensive to her for reasons I do not comprehend. She is a dutiful waifu I tell you.

I have tried masturbating and she always finds out or simply does not leave me with the vigor to do so.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Considering that humans start mastubating from inside the womb, I would hazard a guess that we'd be extinct.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Considering that humans start mastubating from inside the womb, I would hazard a guess that we'd be extinct.
In your Hindu Religion can masturbation be something that a person can do as a form of worship to grow in intimacy and unity with a God/Goddess?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
In your Hindu Religion can masturbation be something that a person can do as a form of worship to grow in intimacy and unity with a God/Goddess?
That kind of depends. I can't speak for Hindus on really anything. But in my unorthodox little sect sexuality is somewhat important in connecting with God. I'm sure you can find pockets of Kali Kulas especially who might feel that is an aspect of worship.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why anyone would condone capital punishment for masturbation beats me.