• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't We Find Something Better Than Beef?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
My fav. was 'kadhi' (black grams) but it does not go well with my digestion now. So, it is spiced rice gruel with sliced almonds - Badian Chawal, goes well with deep-fried potatoes (dum alu, goes even better with meat kofta, but still).
Badian or Varian (Punjabi) are dried balls of heavily spiced black gram powder.
It is not what I described, but looks very similar.

Sambarachi%2BPez%2B%25282%2529%2B-%2B1.jpg

Now you've made me hungry.... that sounds delicious!

I haven't had dum aloo in a long time... if it wasn't 1am, I'd go downstairs and make some....

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I know I'm biased, but...

There's gotta be something better.

I busted out my Albanian cookbook today and made a wonderful macaroni recipe that was listed in it. Pretty much like your standard oven variant mac&cheeses, only with feta and béchamel sauce in the mix. Yum.

What non-beef meals have you enjoyed lately?
Cheese enchiladas. Yum.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I know I'm biased, but...

There's gotta be something better.

I busted out my Albanian cookbook today and made a wonderful macaroni recipe that was listed in it. Pretty much like your standard oven variant mac&cheeses, only with feta and béchamel sauce in the mix. Yum.

What non-beef meals have you enjoyed lately?
A rabbit stew with bacon, mustard and tarragon. I make that quite regularly now. One rabbit is enough for 4.

I also very much like a vegetable and red lentil soup I make, with savoy cabbage and sliced of smoked Polish sausage in it.

And then there's the saltimbocca, made with beaten-out pork fillet instead of veal, prosciutto and sage leaves from the garden. I find that dish for some reason brings out the flavour of red wine particularly well.

Plenty of non-beef things are excellent........

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Locust meat separated mechanically. You get the largest and best tasting insects that you can, possibly GMO insects bred to taste a certain way. The meat should ideally be so well separated that it requires no chemicals or bleaching, just a little washing and cooking to taste good, guaranteed not to have legs or any shells in it. You then give it a clever name like Huchu. "Have you tried Huchu, yet?"

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Just had a cheese and tomato sandwich for lunch. Nice.

Yesterday we were in the city and had goats cheese salad for lunch

And last night, i made specially for our vegetarian contingent, spinach, mushrooms, pine nuts and graded parmesan roulard.

Hmm. Cheese 3 meals running, I'll be looking like this soon..
images (2).jpeg

Tonight will be chicken curry.

I don't often eat beef but when i do its a very rare steak or minced.

Or diced and very slow cooked in a casserole

Last edited:

Daemon Sophic

My wife and I have been meat-free for over 7 years now, although my daughter used to like normal dead cow cheeseburgers; once she tried these….
210426115236-01-beyond-burger-meatier-taste-exlarge-169.jpg

she hasn’t had cow meat since then. She says these taste better. :)
You can break these up and use them in a number of “beef” dishes.

PS - these are better than “Impossible Burgers”. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
lets put this in perspective.....first I'm not a black bear, I'm a brown bear...second you would be the tiny little pansy meat bag in the red shirt

259-2592674_comparison-of-commonly-found-bears-and-their-sizes.png
You'd keep the tiny pansy fed for a long time.
And there'd be a rug too.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My wife and I have been meat-free for over 7 years now, although my daughter used to like normal dead cow cheeseburgers; once she tried these….
210426115236-01-beyond-burger-meatier-taste-exlarge-169.jpg

she hasn’t had cow meat since then. She says these taste better. :)
You can break these up and use them in a number of “beef” dishes.

PS - these are better than “Impossible Burgers”. ;)

I would like to try them. Problem, not available here...