• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't stand energy of Egyptian Gods

agorman

Premium Member
Hi, these days I feel I'm receiving intuitions, dreams and signals that lead me back to Egyptian polytheism. But I wonder if I'll be able to resist the energy of those gods. The last time I tried worshipping Egyptian deities the energy they gave me was so much they didn't let me sleep! So I had to remove them from my altar. Is it normal have to remove the Egyptian statues or images from the shrine at night? Should I have used a closed shrine or a curtain?

Any assistance is much appreciated since I've tried so many paths and I'm still disoriented! Thank you.

horizon

Any assistance is much appreciated since I've tried so many paths and I'm still disoriented!

Maybe you should take some time outside of keeping altars and statues. Just because you have intuition about a certain path doesn’t mean you need to immediately set up an altar. Finding the right path isn’t a race, it’s a journey.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't have any relationship with the Egyptian pantheon, but it strikes me as odd that statuary would be having that effect. The icons are just that: icons. In my experience, they are not a vessel for the energy of a specific deity unless you ritually consecrate/dedicate them in the name of that divine power. It makes me wonder if something else about that specific statuary is the issue, but I don't know. As with all things of this nature, it's highly subjective and reliant on personal perception and experience.

agorman

Premium Member
"Can't sleep. Set will eat me."

Oh it wasn't like that. The gods actually gave me good energy. But it was so very much good energy! An overload!

Something similar happened when I tried putting the famous triangle with an eye on my shrine, the all-seeing-eye (related to Ra of course). I got good, healing energy, but I couldn't stand it!

Maybe I was left oversensitive after having meditated for a few months with Hindu mantras? Or do you think some hostile entity was bugging me? This last alternative sounds too paranoid; especially because I asked for protection many times.

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
Egyptian gods, when inhabiting statues, need to be literally "put to sleep". So get them some bed-wrappings and a special place for them to sleep and when you are ready to go to sleep put them to bed. There are rituals for this recorded which are quite ancient.

Your sensitivity probably shows you are meant to work with this pantheon. Not all are by a long shot, certainly not myself, but they are powerful allies with powerful 'tendencies'. Such as the one you just experienced. I have to keep certain of my spirit's objects in a dark cabinet or otherwise 'shut them down' most of the time. Interestingly enough I only take these ones out at night. And if I have to keep a candle burning for them all night, etc, then I will definitely have trouble getting to sleep and natural amphetemine-ish effects very similar to what you describe.

agorman

Premium Member
Egyptian gods, when inhabiting statues, need to be literally "put to sleep". So get them some bed-wrappings and a special place for them to sleep and when you are ready to go to sleep put them to bed. There are rituals for this recorded which are quite ancient.

Would you have a link to some book or page that describes those rituals? Thank you! :bow:

I actually have nice printed images, not statues, but the effect seems to be the same.

The Wizard

Oh it wasn't like that. The gods actually gave me good energy. But it was so very much good energy! An overload!

Something similar happened when I tried putting the famous triangle with an eye on my shrine, the all-seeing-eye (related to Ra of course). I got good, healing energy, but I couldn't stand it!

Maybe I was left oversensitive after having meditated for a few months with Hindu mantras? Or do you think some hostile entity was bugging me? This last alternative sounds too paranoid; especially because I asked for protection many times.
Oh, no joke about that. I used to be heavy into pyramid energies and Pharoh energy rods. Pyramid experiences were interesting... I remember I made a small Giza scale replica and had to put it on my knee for clearing my coffee table one day. I recieved a sudden energetic jolt in my knee. Made me jump. Never was able to repeat it, but nevertheless, it happened...

agorman

Premium Member
Oh, no joke about that. I used to be heavy into pyramid energies and Pharoh energy rods. Pyramid experiences were interesting...

So far I've noticed pyramids are good for headaches and pain in general. But don't ask me why... Is the order of Ra imposing itself on the area below or inside a pyramid?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Hi, these days I feel I'm receiving intuitions, dreams and signals that lead me back to Egyptian polytheism. But I wonder if I'll be able to resist the energy of those gods. The last time I tried worshipping Egyptian deities the energy they gave me was so much they didn't let me sleep! So I had to remove them from my altar. Is it normal have to remove the Egyptian statues or images from the shrine at night? Should I have used a closed shrine or a curtain?

Any assistance is much appreciated since I've tried so many paths and I'm still disoriented! Thank you.

I think what your doing is just fine, as I am one who also works with certain Neteru and symbolisms of the Egyptian pantheon. Sometimes its good to take a break from some things like this for a while and then come back to it later with a fresh perspective.

Xeper em Ma'at.
/Adramelek\

The Wizard

So far I've noticed pyramids are good for headaches and pain in general. But don't ask me why... Is the order of Ra imposing itself on the area below or inside a pyramid?
Well, its always been a curiousity of mine. Have to wonder why so many pyramid shapes were built. They could of made any shape. But, they are all around the planet by different cultures...

I remember there use to also be a pyramid magic razor savor in older days. Always thought that was rather neat. The pharoh rods are neat also, but not many people talk about them (wink)...

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
The pharoh rods are neat also, but not many people talk about them (wink)...

The sceptre of Tcham, also called Giver of Winds with the head, long staff, and forked tail of the god Set, was a symbol of the pharaoh's power. For me it is an energizing symbol in magick.

Xeper em Ma'at.
/Adramelek\

The Wizard

The sceptre of Tcham, also called Giver of Winds with the head, long staff, and forked tail of the god Set, was a symbol of the pharaoh's power. For me it is an energizing symbol in magick.

Xeper em Ma'at.
/Adramelek\
Im not familiar with that magic. But, many the kings and masters held a 5-6 inch rod in their hands. You can see that object on many the Egyptian statues. The rods were made of copper and various other elements. I believe they had something going regarding natural or magnetic energies. They even sell them these days, but without proper condition or knowledge I don't think a person would benefit..

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
As with many other Egyptian symbols the Tcham sceptre was not just a symbol of the power and authority of the pharaoh but also of the gods, who are often shown holding the Tcham sceptre in one hand and the Ankh in the other either while standing or seated upon a throne.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
As with many other Egyptian symbols the Tcham sceptre was not just a symbol of the power and authority of the pharaoh but also of the gods, who are often shown holding the Tcham sceptre in one hand and the Ankh in the other either while standing or seated upon a throne.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Do you mean the Was?

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
I can't find the text unfortunately. I have been purging the library and I think this was just told to me in person by a Kemetic friend of mine anyways some time ago.. I still stand by this recommendation. If you are using flat images just get or make a simple black veil or other covering to put over the picture when you are not engaged in mediation. Kind of like you're putting a parrot to sleep, but its a Neter (just kidding lol).

Many Buddhist images come with such veils sewn into them, with little ribbons on the top you use to tie it up before you begin meditation. Another option is to get a special little cabinet the image can fit in and only open it when you are doing ritual with the Neter. This can also be filled with objects, sacrifices, and other items sacred to them. This also strengthens their 'point' and can be adapted to many kinds of spirit practice by the imaginative observer.

DRyelle

Novelista
It's interesting that you mention having this problem. I have a bust of Rhiannon sitting on my bookshelf, but have never had a problem with it/Her. Nevertheless, I've desired a statue of Isis for a while now (and finally have one picked out), so I should try to keep this in mind.

Similarly, I had a problem with un-purified jewelry in junior high. If it had been around negative energy (even so much as anger or too many frustrated teens or whatever you might say), I would get kind of a nauseated feeling and have to take it off until I could put it into a sea salt bath to clear it. My friends always thought it was weird, but that's just me.