• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you Unravel the Mystery?

3rdAngel

According to Yeshua, if you had "pearls", which you don't in my humble opinion, you were to sell them and buy a piece of the knowledge of the "kingdom of heaven" (Mt 13:44-46). Or in a more direct path, you could keep the Commandments, and sell all you have, whether with pearls or not, and give it to the poor to become "perfect" (Mt 19:21). As for your ideas on "Babylon the Great", you have no backing whether with your "scriptures" or the "Scriptures". As for why Babylon is considered a female, it is apparently because she can't concede to her own err and continues down the path to "destruction" according to Yeshua Matthew 7:13. As for your 2 Peter, the consensus is that Peter, the "worthless shepherd" of Zech 11:16-16) didn't write it. The same goes for around 50% of the Pauline epistles. You have built your house on a foundation of sand, and like many weak women, they have to rely on their Intransigence to make a place for themselves. As for dusting off your shoes, that was done by the disciples who taught the "kingdom of heaven" with respect to healing the sick and raising the dead. Apparently not fitting the facts in your case, as the false gospel of grace is antithetical to the gospel of the kingdom. Authorship of the Petrine epistles - Wikipedia

The authorship of the Petrine epistles (First and Second Peter) is an important question in biblical criticism, parallel to that of the authorship of the Pauline epistles, since scholars have long sought to determine who were the exact authors of the New Testament letters. Most scholars today conclude that Saint Peter was not the author of the two epistles that are attributed to him and that they were written by two different authors.[1][2][3][4]

44“The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found and hid again; and from joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

A Costly Pearl

45“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, 46and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it.
Please forgive me dear friend but I do not believe you so we will agree to disagree. I believe your false teachings have already been laid bare for all to see and as posted earlier I do not believe your false interpretations and twisting of scripture. I think I suggested earlier you might be best to read and consider 2 Peter 3:14-16. Don't bother responding if you continue to close your eyes and ears to hearing and seeing Gods Words and are not here for a discussion. It does not do anyone any good. I think I told you earlier I have put away the pearls and shook off the dust of my shoes to our discussions and decided to leave it between you and God to work out. You should not put your faith in scholars it was these so called scholars in the days of Jesus that did not recognized the Messiah in Jesus as Gods promised Saviour of the world and were the very ones that sort to kill him. For me I believe, you do err not knowing the scriptures. Even if you do not believe Peter wrote 2 Peter 3:14-16 there is a message from the scriptures there just for you. Perhaps take some time to go and read it.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Dig deeper, its Mystery Babylon not literal Babylon and this is the mother of Harlots (Revelation 17:5) and the great whore that sits on many waters (Revelation 17:1). A whore or harlot in bible prophecy is a symbol of God's people being unfaithful to God and His Word (e.g. Jeremiah 3:1-3; 6:11; Ezekiel 16:8; 27-30; 44-48; Hosea 1:2; 2:2-13; 4:11-13; 7:4; etc etc). A pure women is a symbol of God's people who follow God (see Isaiah 51:16; Jeremiah 3:14; Revelation 12:1-17; Revelation 19:7-9. The Roman Catholic Church absolutely fits Mystery Babylon the great whore and the mother (RCC) of harlots (apostate Protestantism). Mystery Babylon is the religion of Babylon that has infiltrated mainstream Christianity. Another thing to consider is that you need to consider the books of Daniel and Revelation together. The little Horn (RCC) that comes out of the 4th beast (Roman Empire) of Daniel 7 and Daniel 8 as well as Revelation 17 and Revelation 18 absolutely fit the Roman Catholic Church. Sitting on the Beast does not make the harlot the beast it is a continuation of Satanic power and all the beasts before it another words it is riding on them and a continuation of them controlling and leading them before the second coming.
I do believe that some Catholics here such as @metis would not agree with your assessment. Or perhaps the Pope might not agree either. You think? I do believe that Babylon the Great is the world-wide compendium of religious beliefs that are conflicting with one another and otherwise.

3rdAngel

I do believe that some Catholics here such as @metis would not agree with your assessment. Or perhaps the Pope might not agree either. You think? I do believe that Babylon the Great is the world-wide compendium of religious beliefs that are conflicting with one another and otherwise.
You think? I prefer what the bible teaches.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Dig deeper, its Mystery Babylon not literal Babylon and this is the mother of Harlots (Revelation 17:5) and the great whore that sits on many waters (Revelation 17:1).
Agreed.

A whore or harlot in bible prophecy is a symbol of God's people being unfaithful to God and His Word (e.g. Jeremiah 3:1-3; 6:11; Ezekiel 16:8; 27-30; 44-48; Hosea 1:2; 2:2-13; 4:11-13; 7:4; etc etc).
Yes, but not always, God's people. Exodus 34:14-16

A pure women is a symbol of God's people who follow God (see Isaiah 51:16; Jeremiah 3:14; Revelation 12:1-17; Revelation 19:7-9. The Roman Catholic Church absolutely fits Mystery Babylon the great whore and the mother (RCC) of harlots (apostate Protestantism).

Mystery Babylon is the religion of Babylon that has infiltrated mainstream Christianity.
The religion of Babylon? What do you mean by that, and what scripture do you use for saying that?

Another thing to consider is that you need to consider the books of Daniel and Revelation together. The little Horn (RCC) that comes out of the 4th beast (Roman Empire) of Daniel 7 and Daniel 8 as well as Revelation 17 and Revelation 18 absolutely fit the Roman Catholic Church.
How so?

Sitting on the Beast does not make the harlot the beast it is a continuation of Satanic power and all the beasts before it another words it is riding on them and a continuation of them controlling and leading them before the second coming.
I don't understand what you said. "Sitting on the Beast does not make the harlot the beast it is a continuation of Satanic power and all the beasts before it"?
The "another words" does not help.
It just sounds like you're telling me to believe this.
However, you don't want me to believe just because you say it, do you?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Of course not but all the proof of both Danial and Revelation and history all points to it.
Before the apostles died it was written that some would leave the congregation and spread false teachings.

3rdAngel

Yes, but not always, God's people. Exodus 34:14-16
Exodus 34:14-16 is supporting what I have already posted to you. In bible prophecy Gods people a linked to the bride of Christ a whore represents Gods people that are unfaithful to God as shown from the scriptures in the full post you are quoting from. Exodus 34:14-16 says "14, For you (context is to Gods people) shall worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:15, Lest you (context is to Gods people) make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice to their gods, and one call you, and you eat of his sacrifice;16, And you take of their daughters to your sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make your sons (context is to Gods people go a whoring after their gods."
The religion of Babylon? What do you mean by that, and what scripture do you use for saying that?
The Greek word for "Mystery" in Revelation 17:5 And on her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." means secret context to Babylon the mother of harlots. Therefore SECRET BABYLON (not literal). According to the scriptures and history Nimrod being a mighty hunter before the Lord was the founder and builder of Babylon (see Genesis 10:8-11). Nimrod was the first king of Babylon. Nimrod's wife was Semiramis; noted for her beauty and gross immorality and licentiousness. Nimrod was known in ancient history as "Ninus," a name that came from Hebrew word "nin," meaning "a son." The significance of this name is that Nimrod was later worshiped as a reborn child. Babylon = Greek, Babel = Hebrew. Ancient history records show that Nimrod was the first to learn the arts of war and was a mighty warrior and hunter. However, he was also noted for the use of sorcery and fire to gain victories. He was the one who introduced the worship of the sun. This included in its rites, the worship of fire, since fire was believed to be the earthly representation of the sun. The sun god was worshiped from the earliest times under the name "Baal." Thus Nimrod led a great rebellion against God. Scripture also speaks of the Tower of Babel (or Babylon) that was to reach up to heaven. The Lord overturned the Babylon's plans, though, by confusing the language of the people. It is not surprising then to see numerous different names emerging for Nimrod and his wife, when worshiped as gods in subsequent generations by different nations.

All the religions derived from Babylon have common themes. One of the central features is the death of the mighty warrior god. The violent death of Nimrod led to a suppression of the false religion (of Nimrod as the sun god), but his wife Semiramis revived it in secret. She claimed that Nimrod was now a god in the form of the sun, of which his earthly presentation was fire. She later gave birth to a [non flesh and blood]child who was supposedly the reincarnation of the hero Nimrod, now the sun god. The child is known under various names, of which "Tammuz" is the most important. The false claim was made that this was the promised seed of the woman, while it was really an imposture (masquerade, disguise) of the Devil, as Semiramis was effectively a harlot and a most evil woman. Even Nimrod's father Cush was worshiped under various names and became the model for Babylonish gods. Viz. the god called "hermes," whose name, when deciphered from the ancient languages of the Mysteries, signifies "son of Ham."

It may appear very strange how anyone can believe that the sun can also be a child, but millions are deceived into believing this sort of absurdity. It is as absurd to believe that a piece of bread becomes Jesus Christ in Mass as the Church of Rome preaches. The secret about Nimrod as the sun god and savior of man was only revealed to a selected few - those who had been initiated. These religions rites became known as "The Mysteries" in which the secrets of the sun god Nimrod were revealed and in which he was worshiped. The Mysteries spread rapidly through the ancient world and formed the basis for the heathen religions of Rome, Greece, Egypt, Assyria, India and many other nations. They are also the basis for most religions today, even some that are supposedly Christian. See 1st edition of the Encyclopaedia Britannica [6, page 356].

In further development of the religion Semiramis was also deified as the Queen of Heaven and gradually took on the honor bestowed on Nimrod. The general form of worship showed Nimrod as the sun and his wife as the moon, with stars surrounding her head. Thus we see the origin of the worship of the sun, moon and stars. It is, therefore, no surprise that astrology and the Zodiac originated in Babylonian religion. As with Nimrod, there were many pagan representations of Semiramis, the Queen of Heaven or the mother goddess. She was usually depicted with a child i.e. Nimrod, who was the incarnate sun god. This has been copied by the Church of Rome, in the facade of Mary and the child Jesus - actually Semiramis and her child born of fornication served up as Christianity.
(sea also Nimrod, Mighty Hunter and King - Who Was He? - TheTorah.com)
There are seven common characteristics between the little horn of Daniel chapters 7 and 8: 1. both are described as a horn; 2. both are persecuting powers (Dan. 7:21, Dan. 7:25; Dan. 8:10, Dan. 8:24); 3. both are self-exalting and blasphemous (Dan. 7:8, Dan. 7:20, Dan. 7:25; Dan. 8:10-11, Dan. 8:25); 4. both target God’s people (Dan. 7:25, Dan. 8:24); 5. both have aspects of their activity delineated by prophetic time (Dan. 7:25; Dan. 8:13-14); 6. both extend until the end of time (Dan. 7:25-26; Dan. 8:17, Dan. 8:19); and 7. both are to be supernaturally destroyed (Dan. 7:11, Dan. 7:26; Dan. 8:25). History identifies the first kingdom as Babylon (Dan. 2:38), the second as Media-Persia (Daniel 8:20-21) and the third as Greece (Daniel 7:6). History is unequivocal that after these world empires comes the Roman Empire. In Daniel chapter 2, the iron representing Rome continues into the feet of iron mixed with clay; that is, until the end of time. The little horn of Daniel chapter 7 comes forth from the fourth beast but remains part of this fourth beast but different to any other power that was before it.

What power came out of Rome and continues its politico-religious influence for at least 1,260 years (see Dan. 7:25)? Only one power fits history and prophecy — the papacy. The papacy came into power among the ten barbarian tribes of Europe and uprooted three of them (Dan. 7:24). The papacy was “different from the previous ones” (Dan. 7:24) indicating its uniqueness compared to the other tribes. The papacy spoke “pompous words against the Most High” (Dan. 7:25, NKJV) and “exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host” (Dan. 8:11, NKJV) by usurping the role of Jesus and replacing it with the pope. The papacy fulfilled the prediction of persecuting “the saints of the Most High” (Dan. 7:25, NKJV) and casting down “some of the host” (Dan 8:10, NKJV) during the Counter-Reformation when Protestants were slaughtered. The papacy sought “to change times and law” (Dan. 7:25, NKJV) by removing the second commandment and changing the Sabbath to Sunday.
(see also Final Analysis of the Little Horn).

Revelation 17:1-6 1, And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying to me, Come here; I will show to you the judgment of the great whore that sits on many waters: 2, With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. 3, So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit on a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4, And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5, And on her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6, And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

17:1-2 The Judgment of the Harlot of Babylon: Chapters 17, 18 and part of 19 deal with the judgment of Babylon the Great. In Revelation 17:1-6 The crimes for which God executes judgment upon the harlot, the Roman Papal system, are enumerated; in 17:7-18 her punishment and the means by which it will come to pass is pronounced. She is called “The Great Whore.” According to Ephesians 5, Jesus is the spiritual husband of the church; therefore if a church unites with or receives favors of one who is not her husband, she commits spiritual adultery. The “kings of the earth” represent civil powers. When churches lose the power of the gospel to transform hearts and lives they turn to the power of the state to support their doctrines and thus they commit spiritual fornication. The “many waters” are the countless people (vs. 15) she has deceived and “made drunk” with her doctrines.

17:3-6 The main difference between the beast of Revelation 13 and the combined power represented by the beast and the woman here is that a distinction is made between the religious and political aspects of Papal power. The “scarlet colored beast” represents the governments. The woman—the apostate church—rides upon the beast, symbolizing the church controlling the state. In contrast to the pure church of Revelation 12 this woman is “arrayed in purple and scarlet…with gold” and jewelry. She is a part of “Babylon,” the great city that Satan has set up in opposition to the New Jerusalem of God. The Roman Catholic Church has proudly styled herself as “The Mother Church,” but here she is called “The Mother of Harlots.” From the mother have come the various Protestant denominations which profess to be clean and pure, vehemently rejecting the corruptions of the Catholic Church. But these churches have shown a distressing tendency to follow their mother’s example of sacrificing truth and the approval of God and to seek the power of the state to enforce doctrine, and thus they choose to become harlots with their mother. She is truly “drunk with the blood of the saints.” History records the deeds of the papacy as it used the state to persecute and kill millions of faithful Christians during the Dark Ages. The Catholic Church has disguised herself with humble apologies for these actions, but she has not changed. The same spirit of persecution with again be exhibited against God’s faithful children who will not drink the wine of her corruption just before the second coming of Christ.
I don't understand what you said. "Sitting on the Beast does not make the harlot the beast it is a continuation of Satanic power and all the beasts before it"? The "another words" does not help. It just sounds like you're telling me to believe this. However, you don't want me to believe just because you say it, do you?
I think you missed the point. The point is that the woman is not the beast she is riding on them and they are influenced by her.

Take Care.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

You think? I prefer what the bible teaches.
"Mystery Babylon" is the mystery religion of the Babel of Nimrod, whereas they worship the evergreen tree in the form of a revived Nimrod every year, such as is done on Christmas, the birth date of the sun god, Bel/Sol Invictus, and have a ritual understanding of eggs, such as is done on Easter, the feast day of the goddess Astarte, all for mysteries reasons based on the beliefs of the culture around Nimrod of Babel, which was pushed by Nimrod's mother/wife. Nimrod was supposedly born on the 25th of December. The Catholic church is simply like Luther surmised, a "whore of Babylon", such as a "harlot daughter", and the Protestants are simply daughters of the Roman church. All with the mark of the beast, who is under the authority of the "dragon", the sun god (Rev 13:4). I think you live under the aura of the propagation of the "abominations of the earth". (Rev 17:5). Good luck with that.

After Nimrod's untimely death, his so-called mother-wife, Semiramis, propagated the evil doctrine of the survival of Nimrod as a spirit being. She claimed a full-grown evergreen tree sprang overnight from a dead tree stump, which symbolized the springing forth unto new life of the dead Nimrod.

2ndpillar

Before the apostles died it was written that some would leave the congregation and spread false teachings.
I guess you are referring to John's comments on the spirit of the "antichrist" (1 John 2:18). That is a little non specific, except that "they went out from us", much like the false apostle Paul. Zechariah 11:16-17 is more specific as to they "will leave the flock" and be a "worthless shepherd", and will not feed, care or tend the sheep. More in keeping with the shepherd who was called "Satan, and a stumbling block to me" per Matthew 16:23.

1 John 2:18 Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19They went out from us, but they did not belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. But their departure made it clear that none of them belonged to us.…

Zech 11:16“For behold, I am going to raise up a shepherd in the land who will not care for the perishing, seek the scattered, heal the broken, or sustain the one standing, but will devour the flesh of the fat sheep and tear off their hoofs.
17“Woe to the worthless shepherd
Who leaves the flock!
A sword will be on his arm
And on his right eye!
His arm will be totally withered
And his right eye will be blind.”

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Dig deeper, its Mystery Babylon not literal Babylon and this is the mother of Harlots (Revelation 17:5) and the great whore that sits on many waters (Revelation 17:1). A whore or harlot in bible prophecy is a symbol of God's people being unfaithful to God and His Word (e.g. Jeremiah 3:1-3; 6:11; Ezekiel 16:8; 27-30; 44-48; Hosea 1:2; 2:2-13; 4:11-13; 7:4; etc etc). A pure women is a symbol of God's people who follow God (see Isaiah 51:16; Jeremiah 3:14; Revelation 12:1-17; Revelation 19:7-9. The Roman Catholic Church absolutely fits Mystery Babylon the great whore and the mother (RCC) of harlots (apostate Protestantism). Mystery Babylon is the religion of Babylon that has infiltrated mainstream Christianity. Another thing to consider is that you need to consider the books of Daniel and Revelation together. The little Horn (RCC) that comes out of the 4th beast (Roman Empire) of Daniel 7 and Daniel 8 as well as Revelation 17 and Revelation 18 absolutely fit the Roman Catholic Church. Sitting on the Beast does not make the harlot the beast it is a continuation of Satanic power and all the beasts before it another words it is riding on them and a continuation of them controlling and leading them before the second coming.
The "great whore" the name given by the reformers, is their reference to the Roman church, which would refer to a "daughter of Babylon", not Babylon, which is a reference to the gods of Babel, the home of Nimrod, whose god was Bel, the sun god, in line with the sun god of the Roman church and her daughters, who is Sol Invictus, whose birthday is the 25th of December, whose day is "Sunday", and whose symbol given to the beast with two horns like a lamb, Constantine, was the symbol of the cross, at the battle Milvian Bridge, in 312 A.D. Your church has enveloped all the "abominations" of the mystery church of Babylon, including keeping the feast of Astarte, Easter, the spring festival for fertility.

2ndpillar

You might want to study history along side of the totality of the Law and the prophets. The "fourth kingdom" will be the Republic of Rome, which will devour the earth, and was undone by Julius Caesar when he crossed the Rubicon, and turned Rome into a dictatorship, and Caesar was then declared a god by the Senate. Caesar would be the 5th head of the Rev 17:11 beast, the "head" which had been "slain" (Rev 13:3) and "healed", who was succeeded by the 10 kings (Augustus Caesars) who ruled Jerusalem with regards to the period of the destructions of Jerusalem, and would be regarded as the 6th head of the beast of Rev 17, and the "another beast" of Rev 13:11 would be the 7th head of the beast, Constantine, who set up the dogmas of the Roman church and Protestant churches. We are now in the era of the 8th head of the beast (Rev 17:11), who was and is not and is the 8th.

3rdAngel

"Mystery Babylon" is the mystery religion of the Babel of Nimrod, whereas they worship the evergreen tree in the form of a revived Nimrod every year, such as is done on Christmas, the birth date of the sun god, Bel/Sol Invictus, and have a ritual understanding of eggs, such as is done on Easter, the feast day of the goddess Astarte, all for mysteries reasons based on the beliefs of the culture around Nimrod of Babel, which was pushed by Nimrod's mother/wife. Nimrod was supposedly born on the 25th of December. The Catholic church is simply like Luther surmised, a "whore of Babylon", such as a "harlot daughter", and the Protestants are simply daughters of the Roman church. All with the mark of the beast, who is under the authority of the "dragon", the sun god (Rev 13:4). I think you live under the aura of the propagation of the "abominations of the earth". (Rev 17:5). Good luck with that.

After Nimrod's untimely death, his so-called mother-wife, Semiramis, propagated the evil doctrine of the survival of Nimrod as a spirit being. She claimed a full-grown evergreen tree sprang overnight from a dead tree stump, which symbolized the springing forth unto new life of the dead Nimrod.
If you have been reading my posts I have been saying the same things. (see post above this post of yours)

3rdAngel

The "great whore" the name given by the reformers, is their reference to the Roman church, which would refer to a "daughter of Babylon", not Babylon, which is a reference to the gods of Babel, the home of Nimrod, whose god was Bel, the sun god, in line with the sun god of the Roman church and her daughters, who is Sol Invictus, whose birthday is the 25th of December, whose day is "Sunday", and whose symbol given to the beast with two horns like a lamb, Constantine, was the symbol of the cross, at the battle Milvian Bridge, in 312 A.D. Your church has enveloped all the "abominations" of the mystery church of Babylon, including keeping the feast of Astarte, Easter, the spring festival for fertility.
There is no scripture calling the Roman Church the daughter of Babylon. The Romans Catholic Church is Mystery Babylon. Her daughters are apostate Protestantism. The Romans Catholic Church is the Mother of harlots that have departed God and His Word. Protestants came out of the Roman Catholic Church mother.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

You might want to study history along side of the totality of the Law and the prophets. The "fourth kingdom" will be the Republic of Rome, which will devour the earth, and was undone by Julius Caesar when he crossed the Rubicon, and turned Rome into a dictatorship, and Caesar was then declared a god by the Senate. Caesar would be the 5th head of the Rev 17:11 beast, the "head" which had been "slain" (Rev 13:3) and "healed", who was succeeded by the 10 kings (Augustus Caesars) who ruled Jerusalem with regards to the period of the destructions of Jerusalem, and would be regarded as the 6th head of the beast of Rev 17, and the "another beast" of Rev 13:11 would be the 7th head of the beast, Constantine, who set up the dogmas of the Roman church and Protestant churches. We are now in the era of the 8th head of the beast (Rev 17:11), who was and is not and is the 8th.
Your theory here is not supported in the scriptures you quote.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

There is no scripture calling the Roman Church the daughter of Babylon. The Romans Catholic Church is Mystery Babylon. Her daughters are apostate Protestantism. The Romans Catholic Church is the Mother of harlots that have departed God and His Word. Protestants came out of the Roman Catholic Church mother.
The Roman church is the mother of the Protestant churches, but she indeed is the daughter of Babel/Babylon with regards to the gods of Babel. It is the reformers, as in Luther, who imaged the Roman church as the "whore of Babylon", and not Babylon itself. You are sitting on your ledge by yourself. Whore of Babylon - Wikipedia

Historicist interpreters commonly used the phrase "Whore of Babylon" to refer to the Catholic Church. Reformation writers Martin Luther (1483–1546, author of On the Babylonian Captivity of the Church), John Calvin (1509–1564), and John Knox (1510–1572, author of The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstruous Regiment of Women) taught this association.[39][40]

2ndpillar

If you have been reading my posts I have been saying the same things. (see post above this post of yours)
That would put the Roman church as a harlot daughter of Babylon, and the mother of the Protestant churches, all of which would be sitting on the beast (Rev 13:4) and waiting to be "thrown down with violence". (Rev 18:21)

nPeace

Veteran Member
Exodus 34:14-16 is supporting what I have already posted to you. In bible prophecy Gods people a linked to the bride of Christ a whore represents Gods people that are unfaithful to God as shown from the scriptures in the full post you are quoting from. Exodus 34:14-16 says "14, For you (context is to Gods people) shall worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:15, Lest you (context is to Gods people) make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice to their gods, and one call you, and you eat of his sacrifice;16, And you take of their daughters to your sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make your sons (context is to Gods people go a whoring after their gods."
Please read that carefully 3rdAngel.
Here it is in Greek.
...and the English reads... Lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they play the harlot with their gods, and make sacrifices to their gods, and invites you, and you eat of his sacrifices...

Not referring to God's people, but people of the nations.

The Greek word for "Mystery" in Revelation 17:5 And on her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." means secret context to Babylon the mother of harlots. Therefore SECRET BABYLON (not literal).
We already know it's not literal. I think you read the OP.

According to the scriptures and history Nimrod being a mighty hunter before the Lord was the founder and builder of Babylon (see Genesis 10:8-11). Nimrod was the first king of Babylon. Nimrod's wife was Semiramis; noted for her beauty and gross immorality and licentiousness. Nimrod was known in ancient history as "Ninus," a name that came from Hebrew word "nin," meaning "a son." The significance of this name is that Nimrod was later worshiped as a reborn child. Babylon = Greek, Babel = Hebrew. Ancient history records show that Nimrod was the first to learn the arts of war and was a mighty warrior and hunter. However, he was also noted for the use of sorcery and fire to gain victories. He was the one who introduced the worship of the sun. This included in its rites, the worship of fire, since fire was believed to be the earthly representation of the sun. The sun god was worshiped from the earliest times under the name "Baal." Thus Nimrod led a great rebellion against God. Scripture also speaks of the Tower of Babel (or Babylon) that was to reach up to heaven. The Lord overturned the Babylon's plans, though, by confusing the language of the people. It is not surprising then to see numerous different names emerging for Nimrod and his wife, when worshiped as gods in subsequent generations by different nations.
We already read Genesis 10:8-10, where we got that.
Is there a reason for your stating all of this, 3rdAngel?

All the religions derived from Babylon have common themes. One of the central features is the death of the mighty warrior god. The violent death of Nimrod led to a suppression of the false religion (of Nimrod as the sun god), but his wife Semiramis revived it in secret. She claimed that Nimrod was now a god in the form of the sun, of which his earthly presentation was fire. She later gave birth to a [non flesh and blood]child who was supposedly the reincarnation of the hero Nimrod, now the sun god. The child is known under various names, of which "Tammuz" is the most important. The false claim was made that this was the promised seed of the woman, while it was really an imposture (masquerade, disguise) of the Devil, as Semiramis was effectively a harlot and a most evil woman. Even Nimrod's father Cush was worshiped under various names and became the model for Babylonish gods. Viz. the god called "hermes," whose name, when deciphered from the ancient languages of the Mysteries, signifies "son of Ham."
You can give me the link to read, you know. :)
Stating all of this with no references is only saying... "This is what 3rdAngel says..."
That doesn't do anything, in scriptural debates. If you think the history is important, a link would suffice, for everyone's viewing... if they want to know.

If your point is to say that all false religion really stem from Babel... Okay.

It may appear very strange how anyone can believe that the sun can also be a child, but millions are deceived into believing this sort of absurdity. It is as absurd to believe that a piece of bread becomes Jesus Christ in Mass as the Church of Rome preaches. The secret about Nimrod as the sun god and savior of man was only revealed to a selected few - those who had been initiated. These religions rites became known as "The Mysteries" in which the secrets of the sun god Nimrod were revealed and in which he was worshiped. The Mysteries spread rapidly through the ancient world and formed the basis for the heathen religions of Rome, Greece, Egypt, Assyria, India and many other nations. They are also the basis for most religions today, even some that are supposedly Christian. See 1st edition of the Encyclopaedia Britannica [6, page 356].

In further development of the religion Semiramis was also deified as the Queen of Heaven and gradually took on the honor bestowed on Nimrod. The general form of worship showed Nimrod as the sun and his wife as the moon, with stars surrounding her head. Thus we see the origin of the worship of the sun, moon and stars. It is, therefore, no surprise that astrology and the Zodiac originated in Babylonian religion. As with Nimrod, there were many pagan representations of Semiramis, the Queen of Heaven or the mother goddess. She was usually depicted with a child i.e. Nimrod, who was the incarnate sun god. This has been copied by the Church of Rome, in the facade of Mary and the child Jesus - actually Semiramis and her child born of fornication served up as Christianity.
(sea also Nimrod, Mighty Hunter and King - Who Was He? - TheTorah.com)
Ah. I think I understand the reason for your posting all that.
Your reasoning led you to conclude that "Sacrament" in the RCC is linked to sun worship. Therefore, that makes the RCC Babylon the Great. ................................................................but that's your reasoning 3rdAngel. That's not scripture.
Another person might say, "Oh, it's Buddhism, because... oh look. Sun Worship. See."
Another would come up with their own reasoning... but what's the scriptural basis?

There are seven common characteristics between the little horn of Daniel chapters 7 and 8:
Oh good. Scripture.
That's what we are looking for.
Yes, the little horn is the same, in both Chapters.

1. both are described as a horn;
A little horn.

In Chapter 7, the beast had ten horns. Three were removed by this one clearly visible horn.
You are going to tell me about those, I hope. Surely you aren't going to pin the RCC on this horn without explaining the ten, and the three removed.

I'll also be interested in what you come up with, as to the identity of the four beasts of Daniel 7.
Does it agree with this?

5060-Comparing-Statue-and-Beasts-Daniel.jpg
a2f90352a6b9b475f3ce0d567854f637.jpg

I'm really looking forward to hearing your explanations.