• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you Unravel the Mystery?

2ndpillar

Ignorant replies like this one is what gives Christianity a bad rap. did I said I never or do not sin .... at will? see, you added that.

now school is open. listen and learn. 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." or as you say,,,, "commit lawlessness at will["

THANK GOD FOR THE NEW COVENANT

now, onw more thing that keeps me from under the LAW, next chapter, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" (YOU MIGHT NEED TO READ THAT AGAIN, AND AGAIN.).

101G is glad to be in a "BINDING" Covenant with God. ....... NO LAW.... :rolleyes:

101G.

Christianity has had a bad reputation for a long time. Maybe because of the "leaven", their hypocrisy, aggrandized in their Inquisition, and their pushing lawlessness (Matthew 7:23). As per your 1 John 2:1 quote, you forgot to add 1 John 2:3-4, in which it is said, "by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep His commandments". Yeshua gave out specific commandments to be kept in Matthew 19:18, in order to "enter into life". You might want to reread 1 John 3:9, in which no one born of God can sin, for they are "born of God". Now one can sin, but then it is imperative that they repent, and sin no more and get baptized in the Spirit, such as being "born of God", and produce fruit in line with their repentance (Matthew 3), whereas those who pursue wickedness are born of the devil (1 John 3:8). "101G is in a "binding" covenant" (with death) (Isaiah 28:15), based on "falsehoods", and "deception" per Isaiah 28:15-18, versus being built on the "tested stone", of "righteousness" and "justice" (Isaiah 28:17). If there is "NO LAW", then you can "commit lawlessness at will", for you have been told "we shall not all sleep/die", which evidently hasn't worked out for those who listened to Paul's speech. And "death" is the consequence of sin. And "everyone will die for their own iniquities" Jeremiah 31:30.

2ndpillar

so, who is 2ndpillar?. see, just another excuse.

so, you still don't KNOW if the Kingdom has come.... lol, liol, lol, Oh Dear.

see ya, and don't want to be ya..
good day to U.

101G,

The prayer Yeshua taught was a request to the Father, that "thy kingdom come", and at the time when Yeshua walked the earth. Yeshua's message was the "kingdom" was at "hand", and "at the door" (Matthew 24:29-33) but waiting for the "tribulation"/judgment day/the day of the LORD. The kingdom of the world is now in control. It is those who "dwell on the earth" who are "deceived" (Revelation 13:11-14) by the "beast with two horns like a lamb", the 7th head of the beast of Revelation 17:9-11, who was "to come", during the period of the writing of the book of Revelation.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Colossians 2: "ordinances" having nailed it to a cross" (King James). Under the "kingdom of God", whereas king David will rule "forever", per Ezekiel 37:15-28, the "ordinances" will be "kept". As for bolstering your arguments with further quotes from the false prophet Paul, that only builds further upon a foundation of sand. (Matthew 7:26)
Reading some of the comments here -- I wonder if you think religion and politics are closely intertwined.

2ndpillar

Reading some of the comments here -- I wonder if you think religion and politics are closely intertwined.

The "kingdom of God" is a "kingdom", with a coming ruler/king, David (Ezekiel 37:24), which will keep the "ordinances of God" (Ezekiel 37:24), which is to follow the kingdoms of Daniel 2:44-45, when they are all crushed at the "same time" (Daniel 2:35). I mean, you can define "religion" and "politics" as you will, but there seems to be an element of intertwinement.

YoursTrue

The "kingdom of God" is a "kingdom", with a coming ruler/king, David (Ezekiel 37:24), which will keep the "ordinances of God" (Ezekiel 37:24), which is to follow the kingdoms of Daniel 2:44-45, when they are all crushed at the "same time" (Daniel 2:35). I mean, you can define "religion" and "politics" as you will, but there seems to be an element of intertwinement.
Let's say to begin the discussion, Jesus taught his disciples to pray for God's kingdom to come, right?

2ndpillar

Let's say to begin the discussion, Jesus taught his disciples to pray for God's kingdom to come, right?

Which is to say, it has not come at that time, and one must wait till "immediately after the tribulation" for the "son of man" to return and have his "angels" gather his "elect" from the "four winds" (Matthew 24:29-33). The "angels" gather the wheat into the "barn", after they "first" gather the "tares" (weeds which look like wheat) and tosses them into the "furnace of fire" (Matthew 13:30).

YoursTrue

Which is to say, it has not come at that time, and one must wait till "immediately after the tribulation" for the "son of man" to return and have his "angels" gather his "elect" from the "four winds" (Matthew 24:29-33). The "angels" gather the wheat into the "barn", after they "first" gather the "tares" (weeds which look like wheat) and tosses them into the "furnace of fire" (Matthew 13:30).
One thing I will say -- I agree that since Jesus encouraged his disciples to pray for God's kingdom to come and His will done on the earth as in heaven, it obviously wasn't being done at the time he taught his disciples to pray for that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The city of Jerusalem has a kingdom over the kings of the earth?
When did Jerusalem ever rule Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Media Persia, Rome, and the 7th and 8th world power?

Revelation 17:9-12
9 The seven heads mean seven mountains, where the woman sits on top. 10 And there are seven kings: Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet arrived; but when he does arrive, he must remain a short while. 11 And the wild beast that was but is not, it is also an eighth king, but it springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction. 12 “The ten horns that you saw mean ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings for one hour with the wild beast.

How does the city of Jerusalem ride these kingdoms?

I believe that is future. The anti-Christ will rule the nations and the religions from Jerusalem while he sits in a rebuilt temple calling himself God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
What do you think?
A city serves a few important purposes - refuge, security, ...
However, these purposes can be achieved without a city. A city comes about by development, or expansion.

I believe Babylon was once a great city before the Medo-Persians changed the capital to Susa and now it is just a relic.

Muffled

Jesus in me
read your bible with the Holy Spirit..... common sense is only needed.

listen, someone can rob a bank and never set foot in it.... (smile). Oh the unwise.

that's what's wrong with many today, they see but yet is stilled deceived.

101G

I believe I have the Holy Spirit and do not see what you see.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Revelation 1:19 "Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;"

the book of Revelation is three-fold, PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE.

101G
John did not see ancient Babylon fall. He is not that old.
So what past things are you referring to, which are part of Revelation?

nPeace

Veteran Member
The city of "Babel" was not built to "oppose Jehovah". It was the tower of Babel which was built to reach heaven. The religion of the following of the gods (serpent god), began with Eve, in believing the false gospel of, "you surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:4), the foundation of the false gospel of Paul, which was "we will not all sleep/die".

As for your, I assume self-made bible, stating what your "religion" chose to convey, the generally accept versions do not in any way agree with your verse. As for your "sayings", well they are apparently yours.

King James Bible Genesis 10:9
He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.
I see Strong's gives a definition here.
Strong's Concordance
panim or paneh: face, faces
Original Word: פָנִים
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: panim or paneh
Phonetic Spelling: (paw-neem')
Definition: face, faces

Faces does not mean before. However, it can signify being against.
I see one translation supporting that, against the scores of others.
International Standard Version
He became a fearless hunter in defiance of the LORD. That is why it is said, "Like Nimrod, a fearless hunter in defiance of the LORD."

However, numbers has not proved to be a winner in accuracy, where Bible translations are concerned.
This is another subject though.

Are you arguing that Babylon was not steeped in false worship?
If not, that subject is of no significance. Agreed?

101G

John did not see ancient Babylon fall. He is not that old.
So what past things are you referring to, which are part of Revelation?
example, the two witness of chapter 11, he witness God in Flesh chapter 12, he witness crucifixion, and the Holy Spirit coming, chapter 5. and above all he seen the spread of the Gospel chapter 10. I think that's enough to see in a LIFETIME.

101G

2ndpillar

I see Strong's gives a definition here.
Strong's Concordance
panim or paneh: face, faces
Original Word: פָנִים
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: panim or paneh
Phonetic Spelling: (paw-neem')
Definition: face, faces

Faces does not mean before. However, it can signify being against.
I see one translation supporting that, against the scores of others.
International Standard Version
He became a fearless hunter in defiance of the LORD. That is why it is said, "Like Nimrod, a fearless hunter in defiance of the LORD."

However, numbers has not proved to be a winner in accuracy, where Bible translations are concerned.
This is another subject though.

Are you arguing that Babylon was not steeped in false worship?
If not, that subject is of no significance. Agreed?

Lowering your standards to the International Standard Version is like drinking from to the bottom of the well. The god of Babel, Bel, is simply a version of the sun god, the god of the Roman Emperor Constantine, in the form of Sol Invictus. The "sun god", whose day of worship is Sunday, is also the god of the Gentile Church. Worshipping the sun god, the "dragon"/devil, is not a "false worship", for the "devil" exists, the "dragon"/devil is simply "another god" "which you shall not have before me". One is either born of the "devil" or born of God (1 John 3:8-9).

nPeace

Veteran Member
example, the two witness of chapter 11, he witness God in Flesh chapter 12, he witness crucifixion, and the Holy Spirit coming, chapter 5. and above all he seen the spread of the Gospel chapter 10. I think that's enough to see in a LIFETIME.

101G
You are stretching I see. That's your idea.
However, I am not going to fight with you, on what you believe.

We disagree, and you strongly believe you've got it all covered.
I think the scriptures disagree, but with Revelation, it's not easy to disprove anyone's ideas. If scriptures don't do that, I don't argue.

I think the scriptures do that, so all I will say on that, is this...
I'll let myself be guided by John's opening words. Revelation 1:1
How you chose to interpret anything after that, is up to you.

What John sees, is what resurrected Jesus shows him. Nothing before that.
So everything we read after Revelation 1:1 is future. Not past.
The only present, is that John is seeing visions, and those visions take him to the Lord's day. Revelation 1:10

The Lord's day is not Calvary. Nor thirty three and a half years of Jesus' life on earth.
I hope you know when the Lord's day is... according to scriptures. 1 Corinthians 1:8; 1 Corinthians 5:5; 2 Corinthians 1:14

2ndpillar

We disagree, and you strongly believe you've got it all covered.
I think the scriptures disagree, but with Revelation, it's not easy to disprove anyone's ideas. If scriptures don't do that, I don't argue.

What John sees, is what resurrected Jesus shows him. Nothing before that.
So everything we read after Revelation 1:1 is future. Not past.
The only present, is that John is seeing visions, and those visions take him to the Lord's day. Revelation 1:10

The Lord's day is not Calvary. Nor thirty three and a half years of Jesus' life on earth.
I hope you know when the Lord's day is... according to scriptures. 1 Corinthians 1:8; 1 Corinthians 5:5; 2 Corinthians 1:14

The false prophet Paul's writings are not the Word of God, and therefore not "scripture", and as per Corinthians 5:5, whereas Paul uses the power of Satan, his Lord, well, there is no "day of the Lord", there is only the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32), whereas the nations will be judged by the LORD (Ezekiel 34:20), which refers to the living nations (Joel 3:1-3), not the dead. The "wicked" all rise at the end of the "millennium", not at the "day of the LORD".

101G

GINOLJC, to all.
(smile) ..... stretching what? no, stating TRUTH,?
interpret? Revelation is clear as a bell. never interpret Revelation, let it reveal itself to you.. Example the OPEANING as you say, you believe it's two person in Revelation, as in verse 4 & 5 of Chapter 1, three persons. Listen, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:" Revelation 1:2 "Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw." Revelation 1:3 "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand." Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;" Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"

nPeace, let 101G ask you a point blank question. is this three separate persons?

person #1,."from him which is, and which was, and which is to come" ..... the Father?

person #2. "and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;" ..... the Holy Spirit?

Person #3. "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness" ...... the Son?

correct me if 101G made this assessment in ERROR

so is this to your best ability that this is three separate persons, yes, or no?

will be looking for your answer.

Now, understand, this is not a TEST, we're just looking for the TRUTH..... 10G has been in ERROR before, and NO, 101G don't know EVERYTHING about God .... ok. we just want to seek the TRUTH. that's all, the bottom LIBE, and let Revelation reveal unto us if this is three separate persons or not. that all 101G is after..... the TRUTH, as 101G always say, let the bible answer it's self.

so, is this 1, 2, or 3 separate persons as stated above? yes, or no.

101G

nPeace

Veteran Member
GINOLJC, to all.

(smile) ..... stretching what? no, stating TRUTH,?

interpret? Revelation is clear as a bell. never interpret Revelation, let it reveal itself to you.. Example the OPEANING as you say, you believe it's two person in Revelation, as in verse 4 & 5 of Chapter 1, three persons. Listen, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:" Revelation 1:2 "Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw." Revelation 1:3 "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand." Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;" Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"

nPeace, let 101G ask you a point blank question. is this three separate persons?

person #1,."from him which is, and which was, and which is to come" ..... the Father?

person #2. "and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;" ..... the Holy Spirit?

Person #3. "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness" ...... the Son?

correct me if 101G made this assessment in ERROR

so is this to your best ability that this is three separate persons, yes, or no?

will be looking for your answer.

Now, understand, this is not a TEST, we're just looking for the TRUTH..... 10G has been in ERROR before, and NO, 101G don't know EVERYTHING about God .... ok. we just want to seek the TRUTH. that's all, the bottom LIBE, and let Revelation reveal unto us if this is three separate persons or not. that all 101G is after..... the TRUTH, as 101G always say, let the bible answer it's self.

so, is this 1, 2, or 3 separate persons as stated above? yes, or no.

101G
Why are you asking that question, when the point is about when these events would occur?
The focus is on whether Revelation describes future events only, or past as well. Not whether there are two or three persons.
We don't want to get distracted, or distract from the point.