• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone explain the Trinity please...

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
There are some who have told me that we humans are in a trinity- Our bodies, our minds, and our spirits. I am not saying I believe in this or not, it's just something a few people have brought up while we were discussing the Trinity.

Shermana

Heretic
There are some who have told me that we humans are in a trinity- Our bodies, our minds, and our spirits. I am not saying I believe in this or not, it's just something a few people have brought up while we were discussing the Trinity.

I've heard that as well, and it makes absolutely no sense as to how it applies to the concept of the Trinity when it relates to Divinity. Does this mean Jesus is just the body? If so, that would mean he had no individual will.

moorea944

The trinity can easily be explained. Very simple. False doctrine....

People dont realise that it started with Constantine in 324AD. He came from pagen Rome where everyone had multible gods. So he a meeting with the bishops in Nicea and concluded that our God is many gods like how Rome was before he changed it. And unfortunely it stuck.... now look at the world.... Wow.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
I was talking to a Lutheran Pastor the other day and he said God provided the greatest gift when he offered himself up as Jesus on the cross. But from what I read in the Bible, when Jesus was on the cross, he spoke to God in heaven. How then can he be God at the same time? Please explain. Thanks
This is why the trinity doctrine is false, because the trinity doctrine, rightly says that Jesus is God, but then they say Jesus is not the Father.
If Jesus is God, and he is, then he is also the Father, because there is only One God and He is the Father.
The Holy Spirit is God too, but the trinity doctrine says Jesus, who is not the Father is also not the Holy Spirit.
Since the Holy Spirit is God, then Jesus, who is God, is also the Holy Spirit.

Muffled

Jesus in me

People dont realise that it started with Constantine in 324AD. He came from pagen Rome where everyone had multible gods. So he a meeting with the bishops in Nicea and concluded that our God is many gods like how Rome was before he changed it. And unfortunely it stuck.... now look at the world.... Wow.

I believe that is not an explantion but simply false teaching.

I realize that a counicl decided what correct teaching should be and I agree with them.

I beleive this is the fallacy of reasoning from the detail to the general. Constantine became a Christian. and as far as I know was not on the council.

I don't believe there is any evidence to support this.

I beleive as people still examine the scriptures they still perceive the trinty and it is those who do not reason correctly that don't see it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
This is why the trinity doctrine is false, because the trinity doctrine, rightly says that Jesus is God, but then they say Jesus is not the Father.
If Jesus is God, and he is, then he is also the Father, because there is only One God and He is the Father.
The Holy Spirit is God too, but the trinity doctrine says Jesus, who is not the Father is also not the Holy Spirit.
Since the Holy Spirit is God, then Jesus, who is God, is also the Holy Spirit.

I believe in a trinty that does recognize that the concept of God the Father is different from the concept of God the Son. The evidence supports that concept.

I believe there is only one God but the Father and Son are two different concepts of that one God. I am one person but my son conceives me as father and my father conceives me as son.

I believe this is incorrect also because the Paraclete is God in us and Jesus is God in someone else named Jesus of Nazareth.

Yes

I believe in a trinty that does recognize that the concept of God the Father is different from the concept of God the Son. The evidence supports that concept.

I believe there is only one God but the Father and Son are two different concepts of that one God. I am one person but my son conceives me as father and my father conceives me as son.

I believe this is incorrect also because the Paraclete is God in us and Jesus is God in someone else named Jesus of Nazareth.

Please, listen very carefully, if Jesus is God (and he is God), then he MUST also be the same as the Father, for the Bible says there is ONLY ONE GOD THE FATHER. Since there is only One God and He is the Father, Jesus must also be that One God.

Yes

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father,

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Here is the communication breakdown. There is no 'three things'.
It isn't 1+1+1=1, it's 1=1.
Heres a hint, might try not focusing too much on sources you don't find credible.

Yes

The trinity doctrine is false.

However, there are three, and the three are One and the same.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son.

cataway

you might better say Jesus is the son of God come in the flesh, at lest your bible can work with that.