• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can science prove or disprove the existence of a Spiritual existence? God?

jasonwill2

So you have no issue with Quran. Am I right?

It is presumptions to think that of all the planets with life that can read and write, that ours is the only one that got the answers, adn that our planet is the sole reason for the Universe when other planets are out there.

God gives us no holy books because that would make figuring out the truth to easy... and god is a tester... not a giver. We must work for it like we work for everything else

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It is presumptions to think that of all the planets with life that can read and write, that ours is the only one that got the answers, adn that our planet is the sole reason for the Universe when other planets are out there.

God gives us no holy books because that would make figuring out the truth to easy... and god is a tester... not a giver. We must work for it like we work for everything else

Do you have no issue with Quran? Please
It is not a difficult question.

Next we could go to the Word revealed on Jesus or Moses; with whom you have some issue as you stated. Is it OK?

jasonwill2

Do you have no issue with Quran? Please
It is not a difficult question.

Next we could go to the Word revealed on Jesus or Moses; with whom you have some issue as you stated. Is it OK?

I have a problem with ALL books that claim to be wriiten or inspired by God(s), or act as a guide or mankind.

God(s) do not write the books, and even if they told those men what to write who is to say that the men didn't change what they didn't like? You cannot trust someone who hands you a book and then says that they dictated for God(s). You can only take their word on it that x thing told them, and that's not enough.

This goes for the Torah, The Christian Bible, The Qua-ran, the Book of Law (by Alister Crowley), and the Al Jilwah or any other similar book.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I have a problem with ALL books that claim to be wriiten or inspired by God(s), or act as a guide or mankind.

God(s) do not write the books, and even if they told those men what to write who is to say that the men didn't change what they didn't like? You cannot trust someone who hands you a book and then says that they dictated for God(s). You can only take their word on it that x thing told them, and that's not enough.

This goes for the Torah, The Christian Bible, The Qua-ran, the Book of Law (by Alister Crowley), and the Al Jilwah or any other similar book.

The one true Creator God sent no book bound in covers in the physical sense.

Azihayya

Dragon Wizard
The answer to this question seems like an easy one to me;

but the factors involved may be open for interpretation.

Can a figmentive creator who exists beyond our dimension ever be proven by Science?

No; Science is very clearly based upon the Scientific Method,

and therefore, can not prove something which provides no evidence.

( unless there is evidence of this God, who speaks to people or created the world )

An other-wordly God must be proven or disproved with Philosophy.

However, I for one believe in telepathy,

which is one explanation for God

that can be proven by Science.

Last edited:

HonestJoe

Can a figmentive creator who exists beyond our dimension ever be proven by Science?
No; Science is very clearly based upon the Scientific Method,
and therefore, can not prove something which provides no evidence.
Why do you assume such a creator could provide no evidence? I suggest that anything which exists must potentially have evidence for that existence by definition. You might claim that we as human beings are incapable of observing that evidence (though that in itself is unproven), but that would be a failure of humans, not science in principal.

"Give me a lever long enough and somewhere to stand and I can move the Earth"; Archimedes couldn't actually do this of course, but the (scientific) principal of levers would still apply.

To be honest, before you even start talking about the existence of a creator existing beyond our dimension, you need to establish what "our dimension" means and how anything can exist "beyond" it.

cablescavenger

Science and the Scientific Method are terrific tools for obtaining a better understanding of the Natural Universe. Can it be used to understand the Supernatural Universe? Can it be used to prove or disprove the existence of the Almighty, God, supernatural forces or anything else which exists beyond our Natural Universe? I think not, but this article tries to make it sound like it can: Scientifically, God Does Not Exist - Science Allows us to Say God Does Not Exist - No Role for God in Science, No Explanation that God can Provide

Obviously the author of the article, Austin Cline, is a bit biased, but he is also smart enough to try focus most of his words narrowly yet he leaves the unstated impression that science can absolutely prove that God does not exist. Here he quotes Victor Stenger:

Note narrow definition of God and his point "as defined". While he is correct within his narrow parameters, to extrapolate that idea to say "God does not exist" is beyond scientific capability. Even the "high priest" of Atheism, Richard Dawkins, admits "I cannot know for certain but I think God is very improbable". Fine. He guesses God is improbable but, as a scientist who is fully knowledgeable of the limitations of Science, he "cannot know for certain". If Dawkins can't know for certain, then why does a non-scientist Austin Cline believe he can know for certain?

Dawkins describes the bible and it's contents as nonsense.
Dawkins has said he would like to see religion destroyed.

There is probably little difference between Dawkins and Clines lack of belief. The main difference between them will be how they can express that publicly.

Dawkins as a scientist with a public image where everything he says is scrutinised. Dawkins has to leave the door of possibility open because if he didn't his scientific approach may come into question. Austin Cline as a blogger does not have the same limitations on his freedom of expression.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Dawkins describes the bible and it's contents as nonsense.
Dawkins has said he would like to see religion destroyed.

There is probably little difference between Dawkins and Clines lack of belief. The main difference between them will be how they can express that publicly.

Dawkins as a scientist with a public image where everything he says is scrutinised. Dawkins has to leave the door of possibility open because if he didn't his scientific approach may come into question. Austin Cline as a blogger does not have the same limitations on his freedom of expression.

How does Dawkins and his blind-faithed followers intend to accomplish their agenda of destroying religion? Did Dawkins vent to express his mind on it? Please

Last edited:

MD

qualiaphile
Science is a very broad term and it is impossible to prove God through observational science for now. But there seems to be exceptions, mathematicians. In fact at the National Academy of Sciences, mathematicians were the highest percent of people who believed in a God. The overall percent is still low (only 15%) but it's an interesting observation nonetheless.

Now I'm not sure if they meant a personal God or impersonal God but I would be willing to bet that the majority of mathematicians see order in the universe. This order can be viewed as God or a spirit or wtv. It stands in stark contrast to the views of most biologists, who tend to be rabid materialist atheists. Physicists tend to be agnostic generally speaking.

Another interesting finding is that the majority of MDs believe in God, suggesting that it's not higher education which may erode belief, but the culture within which that education is pursued.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Fashioner is one of the attributes of the one true creator God:

He is Allah, the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifies Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

It is He who put the things in order and in systems; if things would have not been in order or in systems, I think, there would have been no science.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Now I'm not sure if they meant a personal God or impersonal God but I would be willing to bet that the majority of mathematicians see order in the universe. This order can be viewed as God or a spirit or wtv.
That would be useless, since the order of the universe already has a name: mathematics. :p

MD

qualiaphile
There's a difference between believing the universe has built in order or not. If the universe has order built into it, that would suggest that these laws existed from the time of its conception. If the universe is chaotic by definition it means that these laws came about with time and stuck around till now.

Sagan and Einstein were pantheists, believers of an impersonal God because they believed these laws were built in from conception. They believed that these laws were in a sense God, although a very different definition from what most Abrahamic religious folks believe God to be.

Anyways, my view is that mathematics, consciousness and material reality are the three main components of the universe and as such would suggest there's a lot more to reality than rabid materialists seem to arrogantly believe.

Looncall

Fashioner is one of the attributes of the one true creator God:

He is Allah, the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifies Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

It is He who put the things in order and in systems; if things would have not been in order or in systems, I think, there would have been no science.

How do you verify that any of this is true?

If you cannot verify it, all this is mere delusion.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
There's a difference between believing the universe has built in order or not. If the universe has order built into it, that would suggest that these laws existed from the time of its conception. If the universe is chaotic by definition it means that these laws came about with time and stuck around till now.

Sagan and Einstein were pantheists, believers of an impersonal God because they believed these laws were built in from conception. They believed that these laws were in a sense God, although a very different definition from what most Abrahamic religious folks believe God to be.

Anyways, my view is that mathematics, consciousness and material reality are the three main components of the universe and as such would suggest there's a lot more to reality than rabid materialists seem to arrogantly believe.

I can understand why someone would see these laws as God. What i don't understand though is why one would think it is arrogant not to think of them as being God. :shrug:

johnhanks

Don't you see any order and or system in the universe?
On the scale of the solar system, precious little. Our planet's orbit intersects those of numerous asteroids and comets, some of which have hit earth with catastrophic results in the past and others of which are likely to do so in the future. If this is a divinely imposed "order and or system", it's a pretty incompetent one.