• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Islamic and Christian Theological Concepts of God be reconciled?

Can Islamic and Christian Theological Concepts of God be reconciled?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • Possibly

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'm talking specifically about the date and time predictions in Daniel. If we know the length of time and when to start counting the years, and if that time ends at 1844, what do Jews and Christians tell you, the Baha'is, what happened on that date?

I believe I don't recognize 1844 as an important date.

Muffled

Jesus in me
These are the same documents everybody used.

The JW's were founded on the same documents but they are not right about them in many cases. That is true for the Roman Catholic church as well but then the Roman Catholic Church recognizes tradition as well.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The JW's were founded on the same documents but they are not right about them in many cases. That is true for the Roman Catholic church as well but then the Roman Catholic Church recognizes tradition as well.

The fact is the Protestants had the same documents as the Roman Church, and the JW did not have enough more to make any difference. JW simply edited the existing King James version to suit themselves. It has only been since WWII the Dead Sea Scrolls have been found, some scrapes of text of the NT, more older non-canon gospels, and research into the libraries of Europe revealed more information about the texts. None of the new information changes the text significantly except to confirm that both the Pentateuch (dated from ~700-500 BCE) and the NT are not original known authored documents, and edited, redacted, and compiled by those who were not original authors.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The fact is the Protestants had the same documents as the Roman Church, and the JW did not have enough more to make any difference. JW simply edited the existing King James version to suit themselves. It has only been since WWII the Dead Sea Scrolls have been found, some scrapes of text of the NT, more older non-canon gospels, and research into the libraries of Europe revealed more information about the texts. None of the new information changes the text significantly except to confirm that both the Pentateuch (dated from ~700-500 BCE) and the NT are not original known authored documents, and edited, redacted, and compiled by those who were not original authors.

believe it is what God wishes it to be.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I believe self assessment is often flawed.

The flawed self assessment is everyone's problem including you.

That is why on here Jesus speaks instead of me.

Don't blame Jesus for your egocentric assertions concerning what you believe. You're a fallible human like everyone else including those who make the same claims as you, but believe very differently..

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
There is just One God and He has revealed Himself through both Jesus and Muhammad.

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the Law and the Prophets."

Did Ieseus tell His sheep to go to other lands and set up No Go Zones?
Did Ieseus tell His sheep to decapitate people who refused to believe on Him?

If the Muslim Prophet's people don't go along with the madmen who do these things, shouldn't they begin policing their own?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the Law and the Prophets."

Did Ieseus tell His sheep to go to other lands and set up No Go Zones?
Did Ieseus tell His sheep to decapitate people who refused to believe on Him?

If the Muslim Prophet's people don't go along with the madmen who do these things, shouldn't they begin policing their own?

Muhammad taught let there be no compulsion in religion.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The flawed self assessment is everyone's problem including you.

Don't blame Jesus for your egocentric assertions concerning what you believe. You're a fallible human like everyone else including those who make the same claims as you, but believe very differently..

I don't go be self assessment I go by the assessment of Jesus.

I believe you are not getting what I believe but are getting what Jesus says. You have made a false assessment of me out of your flawed beliefs.

I believe I am which is why I let Jesus do the talking instead of me.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Muhammad taught let there be no compulsion in religion.

I believe that is quite rational. You can't force someone to believe something no matter how hard you try. The Spanish tried it but all they could get was a fake belief to stay out of the torture chamber.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I don't go be self assessment I go by the assessment of Jesus.

I believe you are not getting what I believe but are getting what Jesus says. You have made a false assessment of me out of your flawed beliefs.

I believe I am which is why I let Jesus do the talking instead of me.

All our fallible human beliefs are flawed.