• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can God see into the future?

Faithofchristian

God is not one or the other. He is everything. And much more. He is all knowing, he can see the future, he can change the future, he can see every single possible outcome of any situation, etc. Trying to understand God is impossible. He can do things that we can’t even imagine. Think about it, he created literally everything. Time, space, etc. Anything that you can imagine, he can do — and much more. He can do things that we are not even able to comprehend.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” [Isaiah 55:8-9]

Isaiah 55:8-9, has nothing to do with God as being all knowing.

What Isaiah 55:8-9 is saying God's thought's are not our thought's,
For God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts.
People have this thought, that God is all knowing, But God never said this about himself, in being all knowing.

You listen to much to man's teachings and doctrines and not to what God teaches.

Give one book and chapter and verses in the bible that say, that God is all knowing.
Where exactly is that written at in the bible.
And where exactly is it written that God sees the future. That's man's teachings and doctrines and not God's teachings.
If God has to look into the future to know what is happening, then how is God all knowing,
If God is all knowing as you say God is, Then God wouldn't need to look into the future to see what is going on. God would definitely already know, without having to look into the future.

It seems your saying alot of things, but yet you give no bible reference to these things.
Give the book and chapter and verses to where it's written, that God is All Knowing.
And that God can see the future. Where in the bible is that written at.

If God has to look into the future to see what is going on. Then how is God all knowing, if God has to look into the future to see what is going to happen.
If God is as every bit, All Knowing as people try to say God is, Then God wouldn't need to look into the future to see what is going on, For God would already know without having to look into the future to see what is going on. If God is all knowing.

Tazarah

Isaiah 55:8-9, has nothing to do with God as being all knowing.

What Isaiah 55:8-9 is saying God's thought's are not our thought's,
For God's thought s are higher than our thoughts.
People have this thought, that God is all knowing, But God never said this about himself, in being all knowing.

You listen to much to man's teachings and doctrines and not to what God teaches.

Give one book and chapter and verses in the bible that say, that God is all knowing.
Where exactly is that written at in the bible.
And where exactly is it written that God sees the future. That's man's teachings and doctrines and not God's teachings.

It seems your saying alot of things, but yet you give no bible reference to these things.
Give the book and chapter and verses to where it's written, that God is All Knowing.
And that God can see the future. Where in the bible is that written at.

If God has to look into the future to see what is going on. Then how is God all knowing, if God has to look into the future to see what is going to happen.
If God is as every bit, All Knowing as people try to say God is, Then God wouldn't need to look into the future to see what is going on, For God would already know without having to look into the future to see what is going on. If God is all knowing.

Your problem is that you are putting limitations on the power of God. Some things you just don’t need references for.

Faithofchristian

Your problem is that you are putting limitations on the power of God. Some things you just don’t need references for.

Look as it is Written in
1st Thessalonian 5:21--",Prove all things"
Therefore your called by the word of God to Prove all things by God's word, the bible.

So where's your proof in the bible that God as being All Knowing as you say.
And where is it written that God sees into the future, where is this written at in the bible.
As it is written in 1st Thessalonian 5:21
"Prove all things"
So your called by the word of God to "
Prove all things" by the bible. As to what you say.

Tazarah

Look as it is Written in
1st Thessalonian 5:21--",Prove all things"
Therefore your called by the word of God to Prove all things by God's word, the bible.

So where's your proof in the bible that God as being All Knowing as you say.
And where is it written that God sees into the future, where is this written at in the bible.
As it is written in 1st Thessalonian 5:21
"Prove all things"

So you mean to tell me that humans here on earth have psychic abilities, but the God in heaven that created them cannot see into the future?

Faithofchristian

So you mean to tell me that humans here on earth have psychic abilities, but the God in heaven that created them cannot see into the future?

That's right, God does not, and cannot see into the future.
If God can see into the future, than how is God All Knowing.
For God to be All Knowing,
Then God wouldn't need to look into the future to see what is going on.
God would already know, without having to look into the Future to see what is going on.

Tazarah

That's right, God does not, and cannot see into the future.
If God can see into the future, than how is God All Knowing.
For God to be All Knowing,
Then God wouldn't need to look into the future to see what is going on.
God would already know, without having to look into the future.

I see what you are saying now. You should instead say that God does not need to see into the future because he is all knowing. When you say that he “cannot” see into the future you make it sound as if he is unable. Being all-knowing technically is seeing into the future when it comes to God. They are both one in the same.

Faithofchristian

I see what you are saying now. You should instead say that God does not need to see into the future because he is all knowing. When you say that he “cannot” see into the future you make it sound as if he is unable. All-knowing is technically seeing into the future when it comes to God. They are both one in the same.

Here's where your going wrong at, If God is all knowing as people say.
Here's the problem with that.
Where in the bible is that written at. What book and chapter and verses.

You see, When people, that is, When Christians, say, that God is All Knowing, But yet they can not Prove it by the bible, Then it all comes down to, Christians are saying this and not God saying it.

This is why It is written in
1st Thessalonian 5:21--"Prove all things"

If Christians speak things, then Christians are called to " Prove all things" with the bible, God's Word.

You see there is No evidence in the bible, God's Word, that even slightly says, God is All Knowing.
I know it's hard for you to understand this, As It was for me to accept it, But upon my Studying the bible, God's Word, there's nothing there that's written that God can see into the future.
So the conclusion is, that God cannot see into the future, Unless you can show in which book and chapter and verses to where it is written, that God sees into the future.
And Remember 1st Thessalonian 5:21--
--"Prove all things"
So if God can see into the future, what book and chapter and verses in the bible will give proof of this."Prove all things"

You see, your trying to get me to take your word on it, Remember this what Adam and Eve did, taking Satan's word over God's Word.

So for me it's God's Word stands with me, so for Christians to say, God is All Knowing, I ask them to give me in God's Word, where God will say this.?

Last edited:

Tazarah

Here's where your going wrong at, If God is all knowing as people say.
Here's the problem with that.
Where in the bible is that written at. What book and chapter and verses.

You see, When people, that is, When Christians, say, that God is All Knowing, But yet they can not Prove it by the bible, Then it all comes down to, Christians are saying this and not God saying it.

This is why It is written in
1st Thessalonian 5:21--"Prove all things"

If Christians speak things, then Christians are called to " Prove all things" with the bible, God's Word.

You see there is No evidence in the bible, God's Word, that even slightly says, God is All Knowing.
I know it's hard for you to understand this, As It was for me to accept it, But upon my Studying the bible, God's Word, there's nothing there that's written that God can see into the future.
So the conclusion is, that God cannot see into the future, Unless you can show in which book and chapter and verses to where it is written, that God sees into the future.
And Remember 1st Thessalonian 5:21--
--"Prove all things"
So if God can see into the future, what book and chapter and verses in the bible will give proof of this."Prove all things"

How about you prove that God is not all-knowing and cannot see into the future? Good luck with that.

Etritonakin

God often states that he not only knows what will be, but will cause it to be -that he has essentially written the future and will bring it about.

Matter, energy, etc., are predictable -and can be manipulated.
The only unpredictable thing is true decision -but even that is somewhat predictable, and can be limited to available choices.
God has allowed us some power of decision, but his decision supersedes ours -and his power to create the future is greater than ours -even able (except that he keeps his word) to un-create what he has created.

All major shifts in world leadership and power were written beforehand in the bible -and the end of human rule is also written.
Man would destroy all life if left alone, but God will cause the end he has chosen -and will leave a remnant of humanity to repopulate on Earth even as some are made immortal. "The rest of the dead" will be raised later and given an opportunity to live forever -though some will be "saved, yet so as by fire"
He will "destroy those who destroy the earth" and the kingdoms of the world will become the "kingdoms of our Lord and of his Christ" -and he will reign forever.

Even our human form is a limiting factor. By making us human, it was assured that we would not affect anything but this planet and the immediate vacinity. Angels are not so limited, but even the sinning angels have been placed in a state of restraint (Tartaros) until later.

God is quoted as saying that "the heavens" -the entire creation/universe "were formed to be inhabited", but we are limited now until we become responsible.

Isaiah 46:9Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I amGod, and there is none like me,
10Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

You want proof. Ok just remember you ask.

To show God is not all knowing.
Ok, As for starters, let's start with the book of 1st Thessalonians 5:21--"Prove all things"
Now why would I bring this book up if I can't prove what I am saying, that would be ridiculous on my part.

Ezeikel 28:15--"Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee"

Notice here the word ( till ) also means
( Until) which God did not know
( Till ) or ( Until ) wickedness,Evil, was found in Lucifer.

Let's for say, I didn't know that he was going to do this ( till) ( until) it became evidence that he was going to do this.

So God, did not know, that Lucifer was going to become, wicked,Evil, ( till) (until) it was found in him.

Therefore, God can not see into the future.
As you think God can.
Otherwise God would haved said, I saw Lucifer was going to become wicked,evil.

But thats not what God said.
God did say, about Lucifer, You were perfect in your ways, till wickedness was found in you.
This meaning God did not for see into the future that Lucifer was wicked,evil.

God did not know, Until wickedness,evil was found in Lucifer.

Therefore God is not all knowing, nor can God see into the future.
Seeing God did not know Lucifer was wicked,evil, ( till) ) until) it was found

explain what does the word ( till ) means.

It's a simple way of saying ( until)

So God did not know ( Until ) it was found in Lucifer that he was wicked,evil.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Well seeing that you have no idea or clue about the bible.
God foretold in the bible, what to do about a girl getting raped.

God gave unto Moses about a woman being raped, force in a sexual affair.

In the book of Deuteronomy 22:25-27---
----"25- But if a man find a betrothed
( woman) damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.

26- But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:

27- For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her"

Now what do you suppose is to happen, if the woman did not cry out about being raped.
Deut 22:23-24--"23-- "If a damsel (woman) that is a virgin be betrothed ( married) unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;

24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and you shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so you shalt put away evil from among you"

So with all of this, what do you suppose God would do to those who raped little children?
Their punishment would be far greater than adult's would be.

This still doesn’t answer the issue. Plenty of children suffer and the fact that the perpetrator will suffer greatly in the hereafter does nothing about the justice that ought to be met now. There are Former German soldiers now in their old age who have lived and died I’m sure comfortably having had a history of suffocating and gassing Jews.

The God of the Bible seems to act inordinately

Kelly of the Phoenix

So... psychics can see into the future, but God cannot...
God was shocked two people practically born yesterday disobeyed Him.

At any rate, I doubt that God, as portrayed in the bible, anyway, can tell the future. It's more like "I want to do X, so I'm going to ensure X happens." When it DOESN'T happen, He comes up with some excuse.

Which is another way of pointing out that the concept of an OMNI god is theologically silly.
Yes. Ancient gods weren't written that way, which explains Yahweh a LOT. Ancient gods were, more or less, just humans with super powers, limited to their jurisdictions, like "god of this blade of grass over here" or "goddess of weaving textiles" or whatever. Any boasting of all-powerfulness was just that: boasting. Unsupported boasting.

If your God is in control of all things, and he can see/knows the future, then why does not your God change the present for the betterment of the future?
Bettering the future would hurt "BibleGod's" ego. What will better the world consists of things He is supposedly against, so He will would rather watch the world burn than fix it.

Yes, but I think that there are Biblical and non-Biblical reasons for wanting to believe that God is not omniscient, only knowledgable enough to have created the Universe.
How much effort does it take? Other gods or goddesses create the world or the universe or whatever by just carving up their bodies or something. That's not really rocket science.

Like a clock maker may know the likelihood of the small hand making a full rotation to count 60 seconds but the clock maker does not know when the hand will stop moving if the clock is powered by a battery.
Yes, he does: it will stop moving when the battery no longer has the energy to move the pieces of the clock.

God does not intervene because God may choose not to
So, He's negligent.

The future, by definition, hasn't happened so you can't see it. Of course that doesn't mean that you can't say what is likely to happen on the basis of the present. The is applies to gods as much as to humans, although obviously they are better at forecasting than we are since they are cleverer and more knowledgeable.
Like, many gods lived on mountains. They would tell their followers about troop movements, storms, etc. However, that's not supernatural: they are at a higher elevation and can see it going on.

Has anyone thought maybe God has too much faith in mankind?
Given God seems to gripe about everything we do or don't do, clearly we aren't on His "special" list.

God does not want robots
Adam was a dirt robot. His job was to do as God said.

Mankind chose to do everything that God told us from the beginning was bad for us.
Given that God was less than honest about the real reason we shouldn't eat from the Tree of Knowledge, it's clear God will make things up to get His way.

God does not want robots
I appreciate that my dogs have their own personalities and needs. God does not appear to, as He punishes those who don't follow His words to the letter. I understand respect more than the God of the Bible. Unless their safety is an emergency situation, if my dogs say no, I let them say no. I don't get angry (much) or depressed that they aren't listening to me. I accept they are sentient beings with independent minds.

God is not one or the other. He is everything. And much more. He is all knowing, he can see the future, he can change the future, he can see every single possible outcome of any situation, etc. Trying to understand God is impossible.
I can understand it just fine: ancient gods were flawed and mostly superhuman. Some ancient Greek philosopher started whining about Ideal Forms and it seeped into the religious tradition that wasn't founded on such thoughts, and we get a contradictory god who is omni-everything because Plato said so but can't heal John the Baptist or tell a Hebrew from an Egyptian during a murder spree without Hebrews tagging themselves.

Think about it, he created literally everything.
Except He didn't. He claims it, but older, more polytheistic passages note Yahweh was assigned Hebrews as their sea/war god. El was the Boss at that time and even HE didn't create everything because Earth and Sky bore Him in the first place, like Cronus. You can't create your parents.

How about you prove that God is not all-knowing and cannot see into the future? Good luck with that.
Why is Jesus shocked that gentiles can have faith? Wouldn't an omniscient being know this?

Why is pi off? Can't God do math?

Why does God not know that if He creates a being in His image, that being will want to be like Him because HE wants to be Him?

Why can God's armies be defeated by chariots of iron? We're not even talking about weapons, just vehicles. We have guns now, and missiles. No wonder God's armies don't seem to be around.

Tazarah

God was shocked two people practically born yesterday disobeyed Him.

At any rate, I doubt that God, as portrayed in the bible, anyway, can tell the future. It's more like "I want to do X, so I'm going to ensure X happens." When it DOESN'T happen, He comes up with some excuse.

Yes. Ancient gods weren't written that way, which explains Yahweh a LOT. Ancient gods were, more or less, just humans with super powers, limited to their jurisdictions, like "god of this blade of grass over here" or "goddess of weaving textiles" or whatever. Any boasting of all-powerfulness was just that: boasting. Unsupported boasting.

Bettering the future would hurt "BibleGod's" ego. What will better the world consists of things He is supposedly against, so He will would rather watch the world burn than fix it.

How much effort does it take? Other gods or goddesses create the world or the universe or whatever by just carving up their bodies or something. That's not really rocket science.

Yes, he does: it will stop moving when the battery no longer has the energy to move the pieces of the clock.

So, He's negligent.

Like, many gods lived on mountains. They would tell their followers about troop movements, storms, etc. However, that's not supernatural: they are at a higher elevation and can see it going on.

Given God seems to gripe about everything we do or don't do, clearly we aren't on His "special" list.

Adam was a dirt robot. His job was to do as God said.

Given that God was less than honest about the real reason we shouldn't eat from the Tree of Knowledge, it's clear God will make things up to get His way.

I appreciate that my dogs have their own personalities and needs. God does not appear to, as He punishes those who don't follow His words to the letter. I understand respect more than the God of the Bible. Unless their safety is an emergency situation, if my dogs say no, I let them say no. I don't get angry (much) or depressed that they aren't listening to me. I accept they are sentient beings with independent minds.

I can understand it just fine: ancient gods were flawed and mostly superhuman. Some ancient Greek philosopher started whining about Ideal Forms and it seeped into the religious tradition that wasn't founded on such thoughts, and we get a contradictory god who is omni-everything because Plato said so but can't heal John the Baptist or tell a Hebrew from an Egyptian during a murder spree without Hebrews tagging themselves.

Except He didn't. He claims it, but older, more polytheistic passages note Yahweh was assigned Hebrews as their sea/war god. El was the Boss at that time and even HE didn't create everything because Earth and Sky bore Him in the first place, like Cronus. You can't create your parents.

Why is Jesus shocked that gentiles can have faith? Wouldn't an omniscient being know this?

Why is pi off? Can't God do math?

Why does God not know that if He creates a being in His image, that being will want to be like Him because HE wants to be Him?

Why can God's armies be defeated by chariots of iron? We're not even talking about weapons, just vehicles. We have guns now, and missiles. No wonder God's armies don't seem to be around.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

sealchan

Well seeing that you have no idea or clue about the bible.
God foretold in the bible, what to do about a girl getting raped.

God gave unto Moses about a woman being raped, force in a sexual affair.

In the book of Deuteronomy 22:25-27---
----"25- But if a man find a betrothed
( woman) damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.

26- But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:

27- For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her"

Now what do you suppose is to happen, if the woman did not cry out about being raped.
Deut 22:23-24--"23-- "If a damsel (woman) that is a virgin be betrothed ( married) unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;

24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and you shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so you shalt put away evil from among you"

So with all of this, what do you suppose God would do to those who raped little children?
Their punishment would be far greater than adult's would be.

This is a great example of unintentional Biblical mysogeny...a woman who did not cry out (Ford). The Biblical author feigns an ignorance of women disempowered in a society. The man had merely to cover her mouth (Kavanaugh) to make the woman an accomplice.

Faithofchristian

This is a great example of unintentional Biblical mysogeny...a woman who did not cry out (Ford). The Biblical author feigns an ignorance of women disempowered in a society. The man had merely to cover her mouth (Kavanaugh) to make the woman an accomplice.

How do you this for sure, when there were no witnesses.
Ford claimed to have witnesses, But yet every witness Ford claimed to have, spoke out against her.

Had you notice in that Bible verse that I gave, the woman that was rape, was to make it known right then and there in the city, Not some 36 years later.
Like Ford did when she came out 36 years later.
Better luck next time. Bye bye Ford. No Witnesses.
Maybe the next time Ford will pick witnesses that will help her to collaborate her story and not turn against her.
That's some amazing Witnesses, turn against the one that they are to be witnesses for

Last edited: