• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can doG Be Experienced?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The age old question.....
Every one knows of @sun rise, & we see scripture posted in His name on RF.
But I don't feel His spirit in my heart.
Can anyone? Is He real to anyone?
Or is He just a pigment figment of our imaginations?

Jedster

You must be more open to feel Him.
He is obviously always busy kanoodeling with @Sun set
I mean like,but, you know warrimean, at sun rise there is also a sun set somewhere..it's like a full time job no holidays...poor guy..nebbish...have compassion now or I will get
Vicky Pollard to join RF
4cb5c425b89c768fe923158ec28398d4.jpg

QED

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Oh gee, you had to mention scripture, didn't you? I'll hide the scriptural euphemism for "dog" under spoilers. If I'm mistaken, can someone of the Jewish persuasion please correct me?
If I'm not mistaken, the term "dog" referred to male temple prostitutes in the Hebrew scriptures. (Much like "feet" referred to Boaz's genitalia in Ruth 3:4.)
I could be mistaken or misremembering, though.
I really hope the title of the thread does not hide some weird sexual reference...
Actually, see spoiler above...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh gee, you had to mention scripture, didn't you? I'll hide the scriptural euphemism for "dog" under spoilers. If I'm mistaken, can someone of the Jewish persuasion please correct me?
If I'm not mistaken, the term "dog" referred to male temple prostitutes in the Hebrew scriptures. (Much like "feet" referred to Boaz's genitalia in Ruth 3:4.)
Lacking any Bible learn'n whatsoever, you reference was a surprising revelation.
Hmm...."revelation"....now you got me spout'n Bible parlance too.

Jedster

Actually 'dog' in classical Hebrew means fish.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

Well, there's a reason he was Wilt "The Stilt" Chamberlain...

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Why are you asking that fur? Remember that doG nose everything you do and if your spirit is sick and hungry for his presence, he can heel you.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This will lead you ever onward:

1 The Dog is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He sniffeth while I wait in green pastures: he pulleth me beside the still waters.

3 He licketh my face: he leadeth me in the paths of glorious smells for his nose's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of dog poop, I will not step in it: for the poop bag art with me; thy smile and thy tail they comfort me.

5 Thou jump on the table in the presence of mine enemies: thou eatest up all the food; my upturned cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Dog for ever.