• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can all religions lead to God?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The question is not who is god speaking to, but is he speaking at all.......without any way to know, I think that it is all in the mind of the believer. Why is it that a Christian never hears from a Hindu god or a Hindu never hears from a Christian god? Curious.
I think it is all in the mind of the believer, and that is precisely why a Christian never hears from a Hindu god or a Hindu never hears from a Christian god.

God only speaks to His Messengers, not to ordinary people.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
If you are communicating with something, how do you know it is a god, let alone a particular god? What objective way do you have to assess the experience outside of your own mind?
Despite opinions that may be to the contrary, if I would see a message over the internet that says he or she is God, I wouldn't believe it. So thank you for your question, as it draws back to the history as recorded in the scriptures that God had with Abraham, the nation of Israel, Jesus and more, written over 1500 years of recorded history.

Milton Platt

Despite opinions that may be to the contrary, if I would see a message over the internet that says he or she is God, I wouldn't believe it. So thank you for your question, as it draws back to the history as recorded in the scriptures that God had with Abraham, the nation of Israel, Jesus and more, written over 1500 years of recorded history.

But that doesn't answer the question, does it? How does anyone (biblical or non-biblical) know they are speaking to a specific god, or a god at all? What is the objective test to separate the illusions of one's own mind from a supposed god communication? How do you test the veracity of such a claim? You cannot.

Milton Platt

I think it is all in the mind of the believer, and that is precisely why a Christian never hears from a Hindu god or a Hindu never hears from a Christian god.

God only speaks to His Messengers, not to ordinary people.

So they were messengers from birth? How do we know that?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So they were messengers from birth? How do we know that?
They were slated to be Messengers from birth because the All-Knowing God knew they would be His Messengers, but they did not actually become Messengers until they received their Revelations from God sometime in their adulthood.

That cannot be proven as a fact but it can be known to us after we do the research and come to believe that the claims the Messenger made were true.

YoursTrue

But that doesn't answer the question, does it? How does anyone (biblical or non-biblical) know they are speaking to a specific god, or a god at all? What is the objective test to separate the illusions of one's own mind from a supposed god communication? How do you test the veracity of such a claim? You cannot.
Like I say, if someone comes to you in person, or calls you on your phone, and tells you he is God, would you believe it? That's about the best I can do, because either you believe it, or you don't.

YoursTrue

It does answer the question.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Like I say, if someone comes to you in person, or calls you on your phone, and tells you he is God, would you believe it?
I would not believe it, I would think He was a con-man or liar, because I know that the real God does not speak directly to anyone except His Messengers.