• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a gay person be a "good" Christian?

Can a gay person be a "good" Christian?

• Yes

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Then report it. That's what the button is for. If you're correct, then it's also true that telling me I think the scriptures are not plain because I don't obey, is a personal put down, a lie, and against the rules.
THE BIBLE SAYS that. I am only repeating what the written Word of God says.

It's my opinion (based on what you've posted so far) that you've rather oversimplified the textual meanings. You, yourself, claim that study isn't helpful, because the teachers are "false." Therefore, based on what you, yourself have written, It's not a personal put down or a lie.
I am telling you what the Bible says. You want to tell us what the Bible is all about, but the Bible says you are a liar if you do not obey. How many times do you have to be told that it is what the Bible says and I am repeating what the Word says?

Yes

If anyone tells you about the Bible...if anyone wants to tell you about the Bible...they are then telling you that they know God. The Bible says that if that person speaks as if they know God but if they do not obey God, then they are a liar.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
If anyone tells you about the Bible...if anyone wants to tell you about the Bible...they are then telling you that they know God. The Bible says that if that person speaks as if they know God but if they do not obey God, then they are a liar.

People who claim to speak words of love and wisdom and do not are liars. How the Bible figures there is not something I much care about.

Yes

Showing actual wisdom would honor you more.
All you have are put downs. You should be reported. However, I do not think anyone will do anything about it. My posts are reported because the truth hurts those who are perishing.

2 Corinthians 2:15 For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 16to the one an aroma from death to death, to the other an aroma from life to life. And who is adequate for these things? 17For we are not like many, peddling the word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
All you have are put downs.

Yes. It is sad, but what can I do?

You should be reported.

Do it, if you see any reason to.

However, I do not think anyone will do anything about it. My posts are reported because the truth hurts those who are perishing.

2 Corinthians 2:15 For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 16to the one an aroma from death to death, to the other an aroma from life to life. And who is adequate for these things? 17For we are not like many, peddling the word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God.

That is one possible interpretation, I suppose.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
THE BIBLE SAYS that. I am only repeating what the written Word of God says.

I am telling you what the Bible says. You want to tell us what the Bible is all about, but the Bible says you are a liar if you do not obey. How many times do you have to be told that it is what the Bible says and I am repeating what the Word says?
How many times do you have to be told that what you're giving us is your interpretation of what the texts say?

sojourner

All you have are put downs. You should be reported. However, I do not think anyone will do anything about it. My posts are reported because the truth hurts those who are perishing.

Who's this "we?" You think Paul's talking about you?!

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Jesus says people will go against me. I am honored.
I'm not against you, I just like what sojourner better, we all have our own way of seeing things, its all relative, but when we become big headed and believe we are right and everyone else is wrong, then we truly have an ego problem which we really need to look into.

sojourner

I don't doubt it was acceptable by their standards. When an entire society is infected with extreme patriarchy and religious intolerance, actions that are perverse by any reasonable standard seem perfectly acceptable. Provocative and overblown? I say it is a reasonable diagnosis.
Of course. But when dealing with cultural anthropology, we don't measure ancient cultural standards against our own.

Yes

I'm not against you, I just like what sojourner better, we all have our own way of seeing things, its all relative, but when we become big headed and believe we are right and everyone else is wrong, then we truly have an ego problem which we really need to look into.
You make no sense. You say you are not going against me but you are going against me because...

I care very little about your judgments of me.

It only shows me what you are...big headed with an ego problem.

Yes

I guess this is you admitting you are wrong?